My Son's Neo Carbon

86: Did you ever sell your bike? A dealer not to far from me has several new Neo Carbons in boxes. Offering them for $3600 and an extra 12a battery for $400. I really love the look of that bike, but am thinking my backside would probably prefer a commuter style bike.
I did not sell but am planning to. Are you interested? Will sell for $3K and that includes a 12A battery plus Schwalbe tires and Shimano XT shifters. I find this bike very comfortable. I bought a Thudbuster seat post and it works very well....I am keeping it.

I also put a custom seat on. The combo of a seat that is fitted plus the thudbuster helps a lot.

We got to ride together about 10 miles today. I was riding my own eBike.

Justin says the motor cuts off about 25 mph. He tops out about 26.7 mph with moderate effort in mode 2. He says he likes mode 2 the best.

He said in Turbo mode he can pedal up to 23 mph with almost no effort.

Both of us agree that the acceleration is about the same in any power mode. He says the amount of effort is the only difference. My observation is based on riding beside his bike, when he's accelerating.

I personally notice that the acceleration is really fast to 25 mph. To bad that's where it suddenly stops. I'm impressed with the factory speedo calibration. Both our speedometers agree almost exactly. I know mine is calibrated carefully because I did it.

There's a small socket with 2 conductors sticking out from the frame just above the bottom bracket. It seems to have about 4.6v on it. It this for fighting ?

The Carbon continues to impress me with a look and feel of quality.

The performance from this small geared motor is impressive. I measured the output with our wireless bluetooth app which we are marketing in Europe and doing testing on here in the states. I can't vouch for how accurate the data is but, it measured a constant 730 watts at full output (Boost mode eqiuvalent as the BT app has a 0% to 100% output slider that replaces the 4 PAS modes).

Glad you like the Carbon, it's one of my personal favorites. The performance, and effort to attain the stated speeds you are experiencing, is typical.

The performance from this small geared motor is impressive. I measured the output with our wireless bluetooth app which we are marketing in Europe and doing testing on here in the states. I can't vouch for how accurate the data is but, it measured a constant 730 watts at full output (Boost mode eqiuvalent as the BT app has a 0% to 100% output slider that replaces the 4 PAS modes).

Glad you like the Carbon, it's one of my personal favorites. The performance, and effort to attain the stated speeds you are experiencing, is typical.

Thank UB. It is a good bike, and really does have impressive acceleration up to about 20 mph.

Do you know how often it's necessary, if ever, to lube the gears in the motor?

Thank UB. It is a good bike, and really does have impressive acceleration up to about 20 mph.

Do you know how often it's necessary, if ever, to lube the gears in the motor?

Not necessary for at least 10,000 miles. We have a customer who has clocked ~5000 miles on a Neo Cross. No problem whatsoever.

Back