My First Ebike - CCX?

Hey guys, new to the forum. I live in downtown Chicago, and have been using the city bikesharing (Divvy) for 4 years now for fun/work commute. Last year right before Winter, I rode a buddys road bike and took it over 50 miles up and down Lake Michigan. After that I knew I had to graduate from a 45lb 15mph Divvy to a real bike in 2019 :). I'm looking for something at or below $2,500, but willing to go slightly over if the bike is right.

I've considered the Ride1Up Ghost and City, Radpower City, but found their top speed of 20mph a bit too low. I liked the Aventon Pace 500, but did not like that it could not throttle at zero (helpful in downtown Chicago). I also dont like how each of these bikes have a range limit around ~30 miles.

Then I came across the CCX and like the top speed of 28, zero throttle, super long range, and think this is the one for me.

I've only been researching for about a week, and want to make sure that this is my best option before I drop up to $2,500. Are there any bikes worth considering that Im missing? Any near future releasing of bikes that would meet my needs? Thanks!!

Excited for my first ebike!!

Back