My Falco 750 W HX motor kit

I can certainly try it on the Mac when it gets here. My son has a PC though, so if all else fails I can use that. Bike just has to be within ten feet of it. Overall I'm feeling encouraged. Turbo mode is a bit much and I'm happy to hear I can fine tune this to somewhere in between where it is now, and where Turbo mode is. Rakesh said Turbo mode drastically narrows the range in which the motor will assist you, In other words, very little input from the rider = a LOT of input from the motor. I'm gonna brush up on the different parameters and what they do. He sent me all that information too. Sounds like the next time we talk we'll probably get all this sorted out.
Yes. It sounds like you just need to dial in the configuration parameters. It takes patience. I do not think Ant+ will be a big deal. Another configuration that just takes some time and patience.

Good Luck!

Yes. It sounds like you just need to dial in the configuration parameters. It takes patience. I do not think Ant+ will be a big deal. Another configuration that just takes some time and patience.

Good Luck!

How much difference does a 48V battery make in this scenario? The Dealer said he'd let me upgrade from my 36V if I pay the difference. Do you think that's something I should do?

How much difference does a 48V battery make in this scenario? The Dealer said he'd let me upgrade from my 36V if I pay the difference. Do you think that's something I should do?

Hi bareyb, glad you are on your way with your Falco. It's not uncommon for throttle to cut off at 20MPH, this is done to keep the bikes legal. Legal cutoff for throttle in the US is 20 MPH and 28 PAS. And as far as I know (far from expert here) 36v vs 48v, unless you can up the amps of the battery you will likely loose range. BTW saw the pic of your bike on the other thread, very nice! Enjoy your ride.

Hi bareyb, glad you are on your way with your Falco. It's not uncommon for throttle to cut off at 20MPH, this is done to keep the bikes legal. Legal cutoff for throttle in the US is 20 MPH and 28 PAS. And as far as I know (far from expert here) 36v vs 48v, unless you can up the amps of the battery you will likely loose range. BTW saw the pic of your bike on the other thread, very nice! Enjoy your ride.

Thanks J.R. I'll have to post a pic now that it's got all the gear on it. Looks really nice and very Stealth. Most people probably wouldn't know it was Electrified. :D

I can certainly try it on the Mac when it gets here. My son has a PC though, so if all else fails I can use that. Bike just has to be within ten feet of it. Overall I'm feeling encouraged. Turbo mode is a bit much and I'm happy to hear I can fine tune this to somewhere in between where it is now, and where Turbo mode is. Rakesh said Turbo mode drastically narrows the range in which the motor will assist you, In other words, very little input from the rider = a LOT of input from the motor. I'm gonna brush up on the different parameters and what they do. He sent me all that information too. Sounds like the next time we talk we'll probably get all this sorted out.

A link to people who run ANT+ on Mac OSX Mavericks. If you are comfortable with Terminal command line, you simply type the start command. Otherwise, I am sure you can download an app from the AppStore to ease the process. I can tell you that it is very easy once you acquaint yourself with the basics.

I am sure Falco has their reasons for choosing ANT+. For the Mac/iPhone world, Bluetooth 4.0 is seamless. Also, the silly ten foot proximity requirement disappears. I suggest you lobby Falco to support Bluetooth 4.0. They seem to have the technical expertise. The priorities are backwards. Windows is the laggard. Seems like Falco caters to the laggards. Windows has caught up BLE 4.0.

Last edited:
Wow! The hills are almost identical grade. My hill is an extinct volcano that eroded into a canyon. We have some small cliffs along one side. Deer feed along the grassy hillsides. Mountain lions hunt the deer.

I would greatly appreciate your help. The salesperson recommended a Falco, too. I will research the battery tech. Battery, not motor, seems to be the major issue.

How much of a difference exists between Falco BMS and the highest quality competitor?
Who makes the best LiMn battery? Samsung, Panasonic?
Which controller or complete bike system do you recommend ?

I run 2 miles to the store. I carry 30+ pounds food back up the hill. I weigh about 175. I want to get rid of my gas burning car. I am willing put the bike on the bus rack, when necessary.

I just saw this reply from Saturday. I got a cold yesterday and have to drive out of town tomorrow but I'll get to that 10% grade hill maybe on Wednesday or Thursday. As far as batteries, the main thing is get a battery with good brand CELLS, like Samsung, Panasonic or maybe LG. It's the cells that are key. The batteries are just a bunch of these cells wired together. I would go with a big naked pack (mine is a 15.5 amp hour) and mount it on a rear rack in a bag and use some thick squishy foam under and around it. With that battery size you can go for a long time, even with some big hills. The Falco naked cells are great and high quality with a the Lithium Manganese chemistry which I think the best (safe and lighter weight per power contained). Lectric Cycles on the internet has Allcell batteries which look identical to the Falco in specs and look. They might actually get them from them and just put their name on them. As far as the BMS I don't know but I feel like the Falco motors are very durable. They wouldn't put a 5 year warranty on them if they weren't built solid and tough. I haven't seen another motor with that kind of warranty. I like how they are compatible with any battery. I probably wouldn't buy a pre-built bike, I like the idea of a kit you can put on a bike you already have or can choose more carefully. I just think that Falco is the best one when you consider the following features important (which I do): no low speed limit, pedal sensor (ie. torque sensor) capability, infinite customizability with setting choices, durability, and reasonable price. I did a lot of research before I purchased last year, but there are probably new things popping up if you look. If you like cycling and are not just looking for a motorized cycle, I would encourage you to get a kit with a torque sensor (like Falco and others) and caution against just getting one with the throttle only. Its much more natural having the motor being activated by the torque sensor instead of having to constantly play with the throttle while you ride.

Wow! The hills are almost identical grade. My hill is an extinct volcano that eroded into a canyon. We have some small cliffs along one side. Deer feed along the grassy hillsides. Mountain lions hunt the deer.

I would greatly appreciate your help. The salesperson recommended a Falco, too. I will research the battery tech. Battery, not motor, seems to be the major issue.

How much of a difference exists between Falco BMS and the highest quality competitor?
Who makes the best LiMn battery? Samsung, Panasonic?
Which controller or complete bike system do you recommend ?

I run 2 miles to the store. I carry 30+ pounds food back up the hill. I weigh about 175. I want to get rid of my gas burning car. I am willing put the bike on the bus rack, when necessary.

One more thing I forgot to say- definitely get a 48V setup with that big hill, don't even think about a 36 V. The 48V has quite a bit more power.

UPDATE: I think we have the problem solved! :)

Apparently, my motor came from the Factory with the Speed Restriction turned ON. We turned that off and now it works perfectly. I knew it had to be something easy like that... I'm glad I persisted. It feels like a completely different bike now. So smooth, and so powerful. I'll give it a good run tomorrow and I'll report back, but it's looking really good right now. :)

Note: Props to Rakesh and Falco for being willing to do whatever it takes to get this right. He said I could still upgrade to the 750 motor and 48V battery, but I'm not so sure I'll need to. This thing is flying now. :)

Last edited:
Update: Unfortunately, it appears there's still a problem with my Motor that won't allow it to stay in "Cruise" mode, so every time I turn it off it reverts back to Non-Cruise mode. Rakesh is going to update the firmware next week to make sure it stays in Cruise Mode permanently. They are shipping me the USB to Serial converter as we speak.

Until then I'll need to connect up to the software and put it into cruise mode manually. So still have a couple of problems to work out, but in the mean time I have a workaround. I think we are very close to getting this worked out. :)

@James-Spokane: How many gears do you have on your back wheel? Can one fit a full sized Freewheel with the 750 motor? 7 gears would be ideal for me. Also, how many teeth is your lowest gear, if you happen to know. Thanks.

@James-Spokane: How many gears do you have on your back wheel? Can one fit a full sized Freewheel with the 750 motor? 7 gears would be ideal for me. Also, how many teeth is your lowest gear, if you happen to know. Thanks.
Yes, it can take a full size freewheel, I have an 8 speed. But it has to be a freewheel I believe, not a cassette type. I think my lowest is around 12 or 13, but you'll want to get the smallest you can because you'll want to be able to pedal along at the higher speeds.

A link to people who run ANT+ on Mac OSX Mavericks. If you are comfortable with Terminal command line, you simply type the start command. Otherwise, I am sure you can download an app from the AppStore to ease the process. I can tell you that it is very easy once you acquaint yourself with the basics.

I am sure Falco has their reasons for choosing ANT+. For the Mac/iPhone world, Bluetooth 4.0 is seamless. Also, the silly ten foot proximity requirement disappears. I suggest you lobby Falco to support Bluetooth 4.0. They seem to have the technical expertise. The priorities are backwards. Windows is the laggard. Seems like Falco caters to the laggards. Windows has caught up BLE 4.0.
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay, I haven't had the chance to login here. Anyway, I did the 10% grade hill recently. I started on middle of hill- the steepest part- and in the highest assist setting (5) and quickly got up to 18 miles per hour while pedaling hard, although the pedaling wasn't a big factor in the speed. Even on the lowest setting (1) I hit "wobble speed". I went up a shorter but even steeper hill right near there and it just makes it easy. So I don't think you'll have any problem.

That is strange. It almost sounds as if they made a mistake and you don't have the offroad version that can be unlocked, although they may have changed how you access "Cruise"/offroad mode. If you put it in Turbo and does it assist above 20 mph, then you're okay and that must be what turns Cruise on in your display (it is probably a newer version than mine). You'll know for sure if it does or doesn't, at least once you have your other settings right like the TS Offset value- just put it on setting 5 and ride and it should sail right through 20 mph and keep on going. If it clearly cuts out right at 20mph or lower then you probably need to contact Falco and fix that part of it. The desktop PC could work to connect, some have WIFI capability along with cable ethernet, you'll just have to check. They might even have an app for a smart phone or Ipad/tablet now for connecting to the motor wireless to adjust settings, you would have to check the Falco website or ask them though. You'll have to have the USB tongle thing anyway though to permanently update the new settings that you choose for the motor (only Falco or maybe a dealer can do that though). And once you get that you might be able to connect to the motor yourself that way for changing the settings temporarily.
if I remember right, there is a select button in the gui to select the higher speed mode. Also set current limits high.

if I remember right, there is a select button in the gui to select the higher speed mode. Also set current limits high.

Turns out my Motor is defective and won't retain the settings once I power it off. It always reverts back to Restricted Mode. Falco is sending me a special cable they use to connect to a PC and update the firmware. Hopefully that'll fix the problem. I decided to upgrade to the 48V battery for a little more power while we're are at it. ;)

Why would you want to use your bluetooth capability on bike communications? I want to use mine for my wireless headset. the short range is perfect for this application. ;)

Turns out my Motor is defective and won't retain the settings once I power it off. It always reverts back to Restricted Mode. Falco is sending me a special cable they use to connect to a PC and update the firmware. Hopefully that'll fix the problem. I decided to upgrade to the 48V battery for a little more power while we're are at it. ;)

Mine is doing the same thing! And also won't retain settings, not even odometer. I have those cables and emailing Rakesh now. Is the update a file they send you?
Mine also isn't displaying any battery useage/regen info on the far left of the display. I get voltage but nothing else. They are calling me tomorrow about it.

Mine is doing the same thing! And also won't retain settings, not even odometer. I have those cables and emailing Rakesh now. Is the update a file they send you?
Mine also isn't displaying any battery useage/regen info on the far left of the display. I get voltage but nothing else. They are calling me tomorrow about it.

Odometer is something that's on the LCD Display. If your Display isn't retaining settings that's probably a different issue. But yes, the firmware update on the Motor was a piece of cake. Cameron over at Falco was able to control my PC remotely (actually my Mac Laptop running Parallels) with "Team Viewer" and he downloaded the necessary files and installed them from his end. All I had to do was hook up the cable to the motor.

I also upgraded my Battery to the 48V version today, and I can really feel the difference. It has more power and it seems to have a quite a bit more range. I went to the Gym and back and still had all four LEDs lit up and it was still showing 48V (out of 51V at full charge). Used to drain well over half of the 36V. Of course that could be because I was running on Level 4 part of the time today, whereas with the 36V I was always at Level 5.

The great news is, it runs great. It n0w bypasses the Torque Sensor and keeps the motor powered on when you're riding at high speeds. It used to just kind of power on and off if you didn't pedal hard enough. So much improved there. I averaged about 35 mph on the Flats and hit an all time high of 41 mph today for a brief period with the wind at my back. It's definitely got smoother power delivery and I'm very happy with the result. I will not be needing to upgrade to the 750 watt kit after all. :)

Side note: LOVE the Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires I put on today. They feel really grippy and they are supposed to be bomb proof. I went with a wider tire in the back to give the motor a little more air under it, so now it's kind of set up like a dragster. :D

Back