My amps were set at 18 Ride1up suggest 11

It depends what settings you mean by "these". It looks like there were quite a few posts in this thread about different settings. AMPS per assist level won't stick on my newer revision 700, but I can (and have) changed the PAS percentages. And I set to my battery indicator to show voltage instead of percentage.
How about the global amp setting, Ride1up chieftain sets his to 11A in the YouTube video, does that stick?

How about the global amp setting, Ride1up chieftain sets his to 11A in the YouTube video, does that stick?
You're watching the old video. Newer versions have no global AMP setting. First set your assist level, then go into advanced settings, and it shows the AMPS for that assist level. You can change it, and if you exit and immediately go back into advanced settings, it appears to keep the setting, but if you exit out of the menu PLUS toggle your assist level and back, then go back into advanced settings, it's back at the original setting, so the changes never stick on my 700 (purchased March 2021).

The per assist (rather than global) level adjustment of the max amps on the newer models is explained in this video. I have bookmarked it to that point in the video:

As mentioned, on the revision I received, the changes won't stick after togging assist. I don't think it's an issue as I can adjust the power percentages, which is effective for the customization that I wanted, regardless of not being able to change the max current levels.

Last edited:
Oops, didn't post the bookmark to the point in the video, which is at 4:22. I have updated the link in my previous post.

Oops, didn't post the bookmark to the point in the video, which is at 4:22. I have updated the link in my previous post.

So in Advanced settings, Current value, its 18A default, what figure is recommended for longevity? And can the current series revision be changed?

So in Advanced settings, Current value, its 18A default, what figure is recommended for longevity? And can the current series revision be changed?
The only time I see 18 A as the default is when in PAS 9. Every other assist level on every range has a lower max. And as mentioned, on my revision of the 700, whatever you try to change it to doesn't stick. You would probably need different display and controller (or updated/downgraded), you could ask support, but I don't think it's worth it. You can reduce current by using less pedal assist power. To improve longevity, avoid using high assist levels a low speed, like going up a steep hill. Using a lower percentage uses less power and current, but as long as you don't overload the motor, I wouldn't worry much about the current - especially now that the absolute max you can get out of it is 18 AMPs (in PAS 9) rather than 22 AMPs as old models.

The only time I see 18 A as the default is when in PAS 9. Every other assist level on every range has a lower max. And as mentioned, on my revision of the 700, whatever you try to change it to doesn't stick. You would probably need different display and controller (or updated/downgraded), you could ask support, but I don't think it's worth it. You can reduce current by using less pedal assist power. To improve longevity, avoid using high assist levels a low speed, like going up a steep hill. Using a lower percentage uses less power and current, but as long as you don't overload the motor, I wouldn't worry much about the current - especially now that the absolute max you can get out of it is 18 AMPs (in PAS 9) rather than 22 AMPs as old models.
My bike is the same revision as yours I believe?
PS I’m not in any PAS level when I see 18A.

My bike is the same revision as yours I believe?
PS I’m not in any PAS level when I see 18A.
See the video. As in the video, which is the same as mine, the current/AMP setting is for the specific PAS level your bike is in before you go into advanced settings.

On mine, the only setting that will hold 18 AMP is PAS 9. PAS 8 of 9 reads 15 A. PAS 1 of 9 reads 1 A. So set your PAS level before you go into advance settings, then go into advanced settings and see what the settings reads. This worked differently on older models. I got mine early last month.

See the video. As in the video, which is the same as mine, the current/AMP setting is for the specific PAS level your bike is in before you go into advanced settings.

On mine, the only setting that will hold 18 AMP is PAS 9. PAS 8 of 9 reads 15 A. PAS 1 of 9 reads 1 A. So set your PAS level before you go into advance settings, then go into advanced settings and see what the settings reads. This worked differently on older models. I got mine early last month.
Ok thanks, I got mind last week.

Back