Moscow+ crank and bottom bracket

Bitmugger

Region
Canada
My son was in an accident on his Moscow+ (he's fine). Looks like some damage to the crank, it's got a bend in it and chain won't stay on.

I'm familiar with lots of bike repairs but have never replaced a crank and/or bottom bracket. What do I order? Front derailleur seems fine.
I also don't have any special tools for the crank, I do have a Park freewheel removal tool for the back.

Any good videos that will walk me through removing and replacing it?

My son was in an accident on his Moscow+ (he's fine). Looks like some damage to the crank, it's got a bend in it and chain won't stay on.

I'm familiar with lots of bike repairs but have never replaced a crank and/or bottom bracket. What do I order? Front derailleur seems fine.
I also don't have any special tools for the crank, I do have a Park freewheel removal tool for the back.

Any good videos that will walk me through removing and replacing it?
have a look on youtube for video on how to remove the crank and bottom bracket. To do it yourself you will need a crank puller and a bottom bracket tool, depending on the cost of buying the tools it may be easier to get your nearest bike shop to do the work, it's basically a 15-20 minute job with the right tools.
If the crank arm is bent it will likely need replacing but if only the chain wheel is buckled enough to throw the chain off you may be able to straighten it yourself. I doubt that you will need to remove the bottom bracket unless the axel is bent so maybe you just buy a crank puller.

Thanks for the info.

If I buy a new crank for the bike, what's the right thing to order? I'd love a link to something either for sale or a mfr website or specs, I'm fearful of ordering the wrong item. We are very comfortable with repairs and mechanical stuff, just never tackled cranks and bottom bracket before.

Back