MOPED TYPE EBIKES ARE THEY ALL SAME

If you want a Vruzend kit send me a PM. I'll sell for half of any listed price.
That is very naughty of you (cuz we both know Vruzend is garbahhhhhge :D )

So much negativity in this thread. You would think that ebikers, who got a dose of hatred from analog cyclists for years and still have some prejudice to overcome - would be the last ones to be narrow-minded prudes about what other people ride. Nope.

Bring on the Super 73's! I hope they and their clones continue to sell out their entire stock. Every urban mobility bike is one less car. And one less internal combustion engine. Not everyone wants to be a cyclist and we have no business shoving our beliefs down other people's throats. People who, by the way, don't harm anyone else one bit by not pedaling. All the vitriol is just all soiled underwear and bruised ego.

I agree. All this stuff about less expensive ebikes being dangerous and prone to constant breakdowns is just not always true. Of course there are going to be mechanical problems from time to time, but if a rider keeps up on maintenence and checks it over before riding it, the problems are minor. The hub motors on these bikes are really dependable as are the batteries if not overheated or over used. Great transportation and fantastic fun and exercise!.

They are like musical instruments. It is a matter of taste. If you are good with a $49 guitar from Target, or a $3 bottle of wine, cool.

That is very naughty of you (cuz we both know Vruzend is garbahhhhhge :D )
Well, there are those that would argue... then there are those that are just smarter than us.
I'd suggest homebuilt batteries are ALL a bad idea.

1665682670081.jpeg

I have them all. Micah is a friend. I introduced him to Vruzend. I’ve got hundreds of their kit parts. And N.E.S.E kits too. 2 welders, pack tester, and more…

Solder gun types are a funky choice. Get a decent brand name stick type, a YouTube video, and a practice kit. I’m a retired horticulture guy. I did as I suggested and can do a decent solder job. I dislike kits and crimpers. One simple error with building a poof! Unless you’re going to build multiple batteries the saving isn’t there. Even then getting to the quality levels of a professional builder is a protracted process AND expensive.
yep, I could actually solder a little with 'pencil irons,I would only crimp big wires

They are like musical instruments. It is a matter of taste. If you are good with a $49 guitar from Target, or a $3 bottle of wine, cool.
Bad analogy. My bike runs perfect. Smooth, fast and with multi suspension points, suspension seat and balloon tires, this bike rides comfortable as hell. So, what more would anyone want from an ebike? OK, my battery is not hidden to look like a water bottle. Not important. I have this bike tuned by pros every winter, and now 2.5 years later, not one problem. Not bad for $1200.00!

I agree with PedalUma and think that it is a very relevant analogy. If someone doesn’t appreciate the difference between a $49 guitar and a Custom Shop Martin for example, then the Martin would be a waste of money. If someone does appreciate the difference, they will never be happy with the $49 guitar. Same for the wine. Of course, these are extremes, but extremes are often used to prove a point.

That said, once you spend a little time with the Martin, you are unlikely to want anything less again and it’s hard to go back. I suggest, (only a suggestion), that if you want to stay happy with an inexpensive bike, don’t test ride a more expensive bike, and don’t read or watch any reviews. Happiness is more about enjoying what you have than wanting what you don’t, (again, only an opinion).

In the words of Theodore Roosevelt, “Comparison is the thief of joy.”

Last edited:
That is right @Djangodog! If you have a dog it is okay to say, "You're the best doggie in the whole world." When I started I couldn't afford the bike I wanted, so I started making them the way I wanted. I screwed up a lot. And learned better. The cost of tuition was high but worth it. I drilled a Vida low step this morning for the display wire.

Attachments

• tealVida1.JPG
    tealVida1.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 94
Back