Monte Capro Ultra

Ebiker33

New Ebike seems like there best one ever, carbon fiber frame too.
When considering the higher end of the market this should be a consideration and I like the blue too.

Monte Capro Ultra

Monte-Capro-Ultra-Fat-Blue_2000x.png

I like the blue too. Says 52.9 lbs without battery. So still over 60 … it’s no lightweight.
They recently opened a shop in Kelowna. I’ll pop in next visit.

When will this model be available?
Available now for delivery in January:

Hey Roshan what size E-E spacing is the rear shock? I saw the travel listed as 62.5mm but not eye to eye size. Also looking at the seat post is there any issue with installing a dropper post? It looks pretty short. Would a 120mm fit?
Looks like you guys can't get the 110mm/150mm shock from Keven as well.
Since it looks like this model comes with the "canbus" configuration I'm guessing no DIY reprogramming correct? Am I correct in assuming this is the 1000w version as opposed to the 750w. I watched your 1/2hr youtube video with the female bike shop woman and don't remember you mentioning the wattage. You did state the rear drop-out was 145mm and I think it should be 148mm for the boost correct?
By buddy has one of your Juggernaut Ultra FS bikes with the 27.5" x 3" tires and with that 150/197 spacing he has had a few issues with hubs blowing up. Smart to offer (2) different size rear triangles for the Boost/Fat options. Looking at the specs comparing the Monte Capro and the Ultra FS is the Monte Capro "Effective top tube length" really 75mm shorter? I know the Juggernaut is pretty stretched out but 3" is alot.
What size are these "Boost" frames? Medium or Large?
Sorry for the numerous questions but someone would of probably asked them sooner or later.
Thanks Mike

Hey Roshan what size E-E spacing is the rear shock? I saw the travel listed as 62.5mm but not eye to eye size. Also looking at the seat post is there any issue with installing a dropper post? It looks pretty short. Would a 120mm fit?
Looks like you guys can't get the 110mm/150mm shock from Keven as well.
Since it looks like this model comes with the "canbus" configuration I'm guessing no DIY reprogramming correct? Am I correct in assuming this is the 1000w version as opposed to the 750w. I watched your 1/2hr youtube video with the female bike shop woman and don't remember you mentioning the wattage. You did state the rear drop-out was 145mm and I think it should be 148mm for the boost correct?
By buddy has one of your Juggernaut Ultra FS bikes with the 27.5" x 3" tires and with that 150/197 spacing he has had a few issues with hubs blowing up. Smart to offer (2) different size rear triangles for the Boost/Fat options. Looking at the specs comparing the Monte Capro and the Ultra FS is the Monte Capro "Effective top tube length" really 75mm shorter? I know the Juggernaut is pretty stretched out but 3" is alot.
What size are these "Boost" frames? Medium or Large?
Sorry for the numerous questions but someone would of probably asked them sooner or later.
Thanks Mike
  • E-E is 210mm
  • Will need to check the max seatpost depth - thanks for bringing this question up
  • Are you talking about Wren forks? We only stock the fat version of this and hence don't list it on the website. If you email us at [email protected] we can help you spec the bike with it
  • Yes, the Canbus protocol on these motors don't have DIY interface at this time but this is something in development and should be available in the near future
  • 750W nominal (as per the display) but the motor is set to 30A which is really 1000W with peaks of 1500W
  • You are correct, the rear hub is 148mm - apologies for the error
  • 150/197 hubs blowing up - this is not essentially fat bike specific. If you follow other bike forums like YT, you will see that even boost hubs break when too much torque is applied at just the right (wrong) time.
  • Yes, the effective top tube length is shorter
  • The first batch is all 19" frames

• E-E is 210mm
  • Will need to check the max seatpost depth - thanks for bringing this question up
  • Are you talking about Wren forks? We only stock the fat version of this and hence don't list it on the website. If you email us at [email protected] we can help you spec the bike with it
  • Yes, the Canbus protocol on these motors don't have DIY interface at this time but this is something in development and should be available in the near future
  • 750W nominal (as per the display) but the motor is set to 30A which is really 1000W with peaks of 1500W
  • You are correct, the rear hub is 148mm - apologies for the error
  • 150/197 hubs blowing up - this is not essentially fat bike specific. If you follow other bike forums like YT, you will see that even boost hubs break when too much torque is applied at just the right (wrong) time.
  • Yes, the effective top tube length is shorter
  • The first batch is all 19" frames

Any teasers on what users can hope for on CANBUS Ultras?

This is a showstopper for some, while ironically Shimano and others are starting to let users in Bafang is removing part of the appeal (programming) on theirs… :(

Personally I think the blue is too baby blue for my tastes, but while I’d never do it on a sports car … I somehow really dig the yellow.

Any teasers on what users can hope for on CANBUS Ultras?

This is a showstopper for some, while ironically Shimano and others are starting to let users in Bafang is removing part of the appeal (programming) on theirs… :(

Personally I think the blue is too baby blue for my tastes, but while I’d never do it on a sports car … I somehow really dig the yellow.
No teasers yet, but several independent developers have been working on an interface to tweak settings on the motor just like UART interface.

Yeah, it is interesting to see Bafang go in this direction but I think it is mostly due to lower EU acceptance of Bafang at this time. They are trying to change that

The Blue looks gorgeous in person. The Yellow is amazing also.

Roshan thanks for your reply on my numerous questions. Perfect example of an owner addressing any issues about their product. That's how it should be.

And yes I was referring to the Wren forks. Seems they are out of the 110mm hub spacing fork with the 150mm travel and not sure when their production will supply again. Been riding on them for a couple of years and really like em.
I guess I'm spoiled now as the bikes myself and my friends ride carry a 34ahr or 24ahr batteries INSIDE the triangle of our various bikes and dropping down to a 17ahr would be a disadvantage. We could possible carry a spare in our backpacks but they already weigh about 16lbs now so..
Best of luck to you.

They also are doing basically a Luna X2 clone now with what looks like the Dengfu E10 frame and M600, although with lower-end forks (vs the Black Friday Rockshox Yari) and Tektro brakes as standard. Undoubtedly nicer paint and color display. Dunno if red is the only color and it's not available for purchase or pre-order from the site...

I still like the looks of the Monte with it's 'diamond' front shock mount, which should be reaching the pre-order buyers soon?

Monte Capro Lite:

Curious as to the Monte Lite pricing - looks like Luna still has some DNM suspension X2s in stock at $4100 (+$400 for Ludi v2 controller if desired).
The Monte Capro Lite as specced is more or less comparable to the non-Ludi-controller DNM version.

Anyone get their 'full Monte' yet/reviews?

Last edited:
Back