Mongoose 750w Mountain eBike - Atlanta, GA ($1,300 OBO)

roadrich

Brand new Mongoose 29" Mongoose XR-PRO Men's Full Suspension Mountain Bike with a 750w mid-drive electric bike motor kit. 48V (volt) 10AH (amp hour) battery included. This bike will take you up to 10 miles on mountain bike trails and 20 miles on the road at up to 22 mph. Pedal assist and throttle! Completely street and trail legal. Charges in about 4-5 hours and typically gives you about 2-3 hours riding time.

About me: I wanted to get back into mountain biking to get back in shape and I fell in love with ebikes after renting one at a park. I decided to learn how to build my own and have built 4 ebikes so far. I’ve worked out all of the kinks on the trail and this bike is the latest and greatest build I’ve done. I am working to import and sell ebikes far below what you would find at local bike shops so more people have access to these fun machines. If you use the pedal assist and not the throttle you will get back in shape. Ebikes just smooth out your ride and take some pain out of the uphills.

If you have a bike and would like me to convert it to an ebike, I would be happy to do so. I just ask $200 for the labor plus price of parts ~$800.

Please feel free to send me questions! If you want to test ride I will need a deposit. All liability is your own.

Specs:

- Brand new Mongoose 29" Mongoose XR-PRO Men's Mountain Bike
- 750w mid-drive electric motor (most powerful street legal electric motor)
- 48 volt 10 amp hour lithium-ion battery
- 10-20 mile range, 2-3 hours of riding, 4-5 hour charging
- 22 mph max speed (legal limit, will go faster with pedaling)

$1,300 OBO, Cash, Crypto or Venmo

Attachments

• image_12331.jpg
    image_12331.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 1,505
Last edited:
What mid drive is in it?
What are the specs on the battery? (Cells, BMS, etc)
Where is it physically located?
Details on brakes? (rotor size, type of brakes, brake sensor included?)
Is there a shift sensor so you don't destroy the gears when shifting?
How many teeth on the chainring?

What mid drive is in it?

Bafang BBS02 750W

What are the specs on the battery? (Cells, BMS, etc)

Battery Specs

Where is it physically located?

Atlanta, GA 30341

Details on brakes? (rotor size, type of brakes, brake sensor included?)

Whatever is on that model of bike, will have to look when I get home. Brake sensors are in the brake levers.

Is there a shift sensor so you don't destroy the gears when shifting?

No, tap the brakes slightly to disengage the motor while shifting to prevent damage.

How many teeth on the chainring?

Do you know which version of BBS02 it is? The battery per that link is 10ah not 12 btw. 2ah/cell.

It would also be good to mention the battery is only rated to handle a draw of 20amps and the BBS02 can draw up to 25. You'd have to limit the motor in the controller to keep the battery from shutting itself off under heavy long term load.

On your next bike build if you stick with the Bafang motor; I'd highly recommend a battery with a 30 amp BMS :). A midframe mount would also improve your handling :). Good looking donor bike though!

Do you know which version of BBS02 it is? The battery per that link is 10ah not 12 btw. 2ah/cell.

I do not, but I believe it is the latest version. Strange on the battery, I need to call them out on false advertising because the top of the page says 12ah...

It would also be good to mention the battery is only rated to handle a draw of 20amps and the BBS02 can draw up to 25. You'd have to limit the motor in the controller to keep the battery from shutting itself off under heavy long term load.

Yes, I have reprogrammed the BBS02 to only draw 20 amps.

On your next bike build if you stick with the Bafang motor; I'd highly recommend a battery with a 30 amp BMS :). A midframe mount would also improve your handling :). Good looking donor bike though!

I have one on my other bike, and it's great. On this one I was trying to make one that was a little more suited for your average rider.

It's a bummer they don't mention the manufacturer name or battery cell name, but you can always determine voltage and amp hour if they give you the volts/ah per cell.

In the chart they show 3.7v/2ah in a 13x5 configuration. So 3.7x13 and 2x5 gives you 48.1v with 10ah :). Hope this helps when looking for future batteries.

I usually check that but with these it seemed like a good deal and I was blinded by that... woops. Still a decent battery. I use it on another bike of mine and it lasts about 10-20 miles depending on how hard you ride.

Back