Modding ideas for higher throttle top speed?

My Eahora does 28 out the box max 31 with downhill . Its a fun bike . Eahora too big for wife . Lectric a little smaller frame. When I am cruise mission I look a speedo it's always above 20 in the fun zone . Dusting cars on our craptastic side streets is also fun !

Any progress made here ?
Looking to tweak my XP :)

How about unlocking the controller?
Battery/power upgrades?
Controller swap (any idea what model it is)?
Motor hacks (any idea what model it is) ?

A friend who is a total e-machine geek (ebikes, escooters, eskateboards, ehoverboards, etc etc) runs a youtube channel. He hacked his Super73-z1 controller to unlock from 20mph to 36mph !!!!!
check it out if you are geek minded like us :)

would love to be able to push this bike to its max potential :D

Last edited:
The hand throttle tops out at about 24.

The PAS system on this bike requires you to move the pedals forward at any speed. You don't have to push, just spin the pedals forward, as slow as you want.

The bike is at its max potential at 28. I weigh about 190# (85kg), and 28 is hard to get to unless you have a lot of flat level road ahead of you. It feels like the bike is running over 100% capacity at 28.

You'll have to swap components to go over 28.

I’ve literally looked everywhere on the internet to find out if theres any more we can get out of the lectric xp. Unfortunately I’ve come to a dead end. I was able to find somewhat of a manual on the bike’s lcd screen. https://www.google.com/amp/s/h5.aliexpress.com/item/32954329671.html
210A9433-09B8-4777-9513-086B1C336271.png

Any progress made here ?
Looking to tweak my XP :)

How about unlocking the controller?
Battery/power upgrades?
Controller swap (any idea what model it is)?
Motor hacks (any idea what model it is) ?

A friend who is a total e-machine geek (ebikes, escooters, eskateboards, ehoverboards, etc etc) runs a youtube channel. He hacked his Super73-z1 controller to unlock from 20mph to 36mph !!!!!
check it out if you are geek minded like us :)

would love to be able to push this bike to its max potential :D
I’ve also noticed that the pedal assist strength is more powerful than the throttle. There must be speed limiter on the throttle wire. I will try looking at the controller and figuring this out.

Last edited:
Not sure if you can do it the xp but on the radpower rad rover you can swap out motor and controller. Guy on YouTube did it and easily hit over 30mph throttle only. Bolton bikes has the that motor a Bafang 750 bolt on and the 35 amp controller where that guy purchased from. Check it out.

I recently upgraded the controller to a 35amp which gets me to a top speed of 32mph throttle only. Its too big to fit where the original controller was so I put it where the stock battery goes. I ended up replacing the stock battery for a larger one as well. This could work with the stock battery if you mount the controller in a bag and attatch it outside the frame. Here it is compared to a stock (performance) Lectric

I recently upgraded the controller to a 35amp which gets me to a top speed of 32mph throttle only. Its too big to fit where the original controller was so I put it where the stock battery goes. I ended up replacing the stock battery for a larger one as well. This could work with the stock battery if you mount the controller in a bag and attatch it outside the frame. Here it is compared to a stock (performance) Lectric

that's pretty sick dude

Bolton Ebikes just purchased one to mod. We should have updates shortly.
This comment didn't age well. He bought one and did a brief review on youtube, but that was about it. I was hoping for some mods, if nothing else custom length hydraulic brakes. I made the mistake of buying one of his for a Sondors folding bike that I *assumed* would have similar dimensions and the back was about 12 inches too short. I hope he looks at modding the XP again when the parts shortage lets up, but he had time before this happened to consider it.

It looks like you replaced the display...did the stock display not work with the new controller + battery?

As far as I know you have to match up the controller to the display (and sometimes the motor), making sure they work together.

Mind linking the parts you bought to make this work?

Back