Mission Control Question

GuruUno

Speaking of the Mission Control.....I have it on an iPhone 7 that I use as a 'dedicated' bicycle device. The iPhone 7 has no paid cellular service associated with it. It does however have the GPS functionality, Wi-FI, etc., so when I start Mission Control prior to my rides (testing purposes, etc.) all does what it is supposed to do.
At the end of my rides Mission Control has registered all relevant data, the toggle and associated Strava button is on in (as from the start/setup from Day One) but when I go to transmit it (via the automated process when ending the ride in Mission Control), it fails. Does it need cellular to send the data or Wi-Fi? Although it saves the data that I can send a .fit file to Strava manually, it never does so automatically.
Additionally, when using Strava independently, it works as it should, and when I arrive home and end the ride on the iPhone 7 with no SIM card, the Strava data is automatically uploaded via the Wi-Fi signal associated to my home.
So, is Mission Control dependent on Cellular data to transmit the ride to Strava or am I missing something?

If I choose to, I can use my Apple Watch with a cellular plan and it works as intended, as well as if I use my 'real' phone that is in my bag.

I'm just not understanding the requirements of Mission Control and it's integration to Strava not working correctly and am asking here.
BTW, 3 attempted e-mails and 2 phone calls with voice mail messages left for Specialized over the last few weeks, ZERO response.
I think I had complained about this previously and got my head handed to me by members here if I am correct that my expectations should not be so stringent.
Just saying that one might think that if you by a bike for a few thousand dollars you might get some answers from the creators rather than assumptions and opinions as to what a LBS mechanics tell you.
I thought that was what "customer service" is supposed to be about.
A tad frustrating to have to share opinions, as well as real time experiences via alternative means like here to get answers.
It's almost like abandonment.
Like the chan fiasco. How many links, is it tapered, is it directional, is it (and why differences) because of different cassettes (and why), etc.

All I'm saying is that I am one happy, satisfied, problem free person with my Vado 5.0 with next to no issues whatsoever and I'm wanting to become more aware and knowledgable and would hope that the 'Mother Ship' might b a bit more consumer orientated.

With my 3 previous Trek e-bikes, I can say I had many problems, and the Corporate entity stepped up to the plate, communicated, conversed, addressed and assisted with similar inquiries or referred it to LBS's with the level of knowledge needed to assist.

Why not Specialized, are they asleep, skeleton crews, diminished capacity to handle business?

All, very valid questions.

So not to get off the initial question....anyone have any idea about the Mission control? (excuse my ranting)

Last edited:
I think Specialized could benefit them and us if they put together a truly comprehensive website related to Mission Control itself and how it integrates with phone, Garmins, etc. And step by step how to get them working together. I am truly stoked with my new Creo and now I want to maximize the experience and MC and my Garmin 1030 are still a lot confusing.

Mission Control needs some means of communication to transmit to Strava. Have you tried connecting the phone to Wi-Fi and then transmitting? That should work.

Mission Control needs some means of communication to transmit to Strava. Have you tried connecting the phone to Wi-Fi and then transmitting? That should work.

"Additionally, when using Strava independently, it works as it should, and when I arrive home and end the ride on the iPhone 7 with no SIM card, the Strava data is automatically uploaded via the Wi-Fi signal associated to my home".
Mission Control DOES NOT, it fails, that's my inquiry.

Back