Mission Control Documentation and Support

Douglas Ruby

Region
USA
City
Groton
Hello all.
I called the support line at Specialized regarding the Mission Control App. asking for documentation. I was told there is a separate support group at Specialized just for Mission Control. They can be reached at: [email protected]. They did send me user documentation for the latest version of Mission Control. It answers a number of questions for me. It is particularly good about showing the difference between Mission Control on the Turbo, Turbo X, Turbo S (GoSwissDrive) and Mission Control on the Levo (Brose') bikes.

See attached.

Doug

Attachments

• MissionControlApp_instructions.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,268
Nice find! I wish I could use the app but I called Specialized and the Bluetooth function is not something upgradable for bikes without it :(

Nice find! I wish I could use the app but I called Specialized and the Bluetooth function is not something upgradable for bikes without it :(

You just need to upgrade to the Turbo SC battery. 691 Wh and Bluetooth. You still won't get some of the features like motor control but the battery status including charge level and settings are there. A couple of extra miles of range too.

Nice to know. I was thinking that was the case but the rep said otherwise, probably because all the mission control functions wouldn't be included...which is what I wanted.

Just got the following notification from Specializedv

Mission Control App Users: Reset Your Password

Dear Turbo Rider,

In the pursuit of providing an even better web experience, as well as a safer database for your account information, Specialized has launched a new website and login system. The Mission Control Authentication will be linked to the new system beginning February 1, 2018. This update will allow you to log in to Specialized.com and Mission Control with the same username and password.

This does require you to update your Mission Control username and password as outlined below.

WHY IT'S NECESSARY

After February 1st, your current username and password won't be supported in the Mission Control App, and you won’t be able to enter the app with those credentials after this date.

NECESSARY UPDATES

Please reset your password for your account.

1. Go to www.specialized.com/account/login
  2. Click “Forgot Your Password.”
  3. Enter your Mission Control App email address and click “Submit.”
  4. An email will be sent with instructions to reset your password.
Note that the new password will be functional starting on February 1st in the Mission Control App. Until then, please continue using your current login and password.

The new password will work in combination with current Mission Control App version (1.1.2).

In the event of any issues or remaining questions, please reach out to your local Specialized retailer.

Thanks for your support and best regards,

The Specialized Team

I cannot get my phone to detect the bike bluetooth.With the battery switched on,am I able to detect the bike on bluetooth?I can enter the App on the phone ok.Bike is a Turbo Vado 3.0 with a SBCB11 battery.

I'm curious how this will work if/when Specialized releases the update to Mission Control to support Vado. Will we need to take or bikes to our LBS for firmware updates, because Bluetooth doesn't seem to be enabled on these bikes. Just for kicks, I checked my bike with the LightBlue app to see if BT was turned on, but LightBlue couldn't see the bike.

I just got a Como 2.0. My phone can pair with the bike in iOS Bluetooth settings. But Mission Control doesn't seem to recognize the bike. Am I missing something, or is Specialized?

I just got a Como 2.0. My phone can pair with the bike in iOS Bluetooth settings. But Mission Control doesn't seem to recognize the bike. Am I missing something, or is Specialized?

The Como and Vado does not have Mission Control, only the mountain bikes.

Found this on Specialized’s site:

What About My Vado Or Como?
Due to the type of Bluetooth connectivity on Vado/Como displays (provided by BLOKS) we can't connect to these bikes with Mission Control. If you want to adjust the tuning modes on your bike, please contact your dealer.

It is part of this FAQ:

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/missioncontrol

Found this on Specialized’s site:

What About My Vado Or Como?
Due to the type of Bluetooth connectivity on Vado/Como displays (provided by BLOKS) we can't connect to these bikes with Mission Control. If you want to adjust the tuning modes on your bike, please contact your dealer.

I ride an original TURBO with a TURBO S battery. The new Mission Control supports my bike and seems to work nicely. I don't care about ride recording or maps since I have a Garmin 1000 anyway.

The sad part with the VADO and COMO is that BLOKS went into receivership in July 2018. The relationship between BLOKS and Specialized apparently came through Brose. The architecture of the VADO was built around putting all of the controller functions in the BLOKS display rather than in the battery (as done in older TURBO). There is a lot of advantages from a design point of view, but apparently BLOKS was not the right company. As a result, Specialized got screwed.

@Douglas Ruby where did you see the news about BLOKS going under?

I have a Vado and when I first received it tried to use it with app, as described on the website, in the bike instructions, and from my dealer. I found the bike (or more accurately the BLOKS controller) was visible as a Bluetooth device (not clear whether BT or BLE) to my phone, but I could not get the app to communicate or pair with the BLOKS, even as a generic BT device.

I called Specialized and got the same "be patient, app support for Vado is coming" story many of us have heard.

When I later had the bike back to the shop where I bought it for some service, they applied a software update. It added new features like the ability to have a distance / time display while riding, but also seemed to remove the ability to access Bluetooth functionality on the BLOKS.

So it seems the ability for the app to ever work with Vado is an empty promise and something misrepresented to buyers like me from the start.

I expect Specialized will find a way to make good on this to buyers who showed loyalty by buying and staying with their high-end E-bikes

Back