Misalignment of chain with chainring

OK, so I removed the new chainring again to verify, validate it was identical to the one I took off.
It is.
So, because of the replies, discussions, photos related to this original posting/inquiry, and MY confusion, I found the simple, elegant answer.
Within this discussion thread, it was commented that my chainring looked worn, problematic, and there was the opinion that something was incorrect.
Possibly.
So, I put it on in reverse of the way it was taken off.
That is to say, the chainring is now mounted BEHIND the spider arm next to the frame and not OUTSIDE the spider arm.
Surprisingly, it fit (with the recessed holes, etc., which were not and cannot be viewed without mirrors, etc, or removal).
Bottom line, we shall see now that it is supposedly "correct".
My only issue is that the logo stencil on the chainring showing the link and chain still shows an outside link on a tooth that is not truly representative of what it actually is.
Thank you all for your patience and contributions to my dilemma.

Attachments

• IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 240
That is to say, the chainring is now mounted BEHIND the spider arm
That is correct. Just have checked it out on my Vado. And the diagram is correct. (Just place the outer link on the indicated tooth). The confusion arises from the fact the teeth should not be viewed from the side but from the top to understand the logic.

Which system uses the Creo?
Vado and Como might use narrow-wide chainring, or wave.

The outer link belongs to the outer tooth with the narrow-wide chainring.
And you're showing the wave system which is a different system.
Link for wave:
Some people have swapped their wave chainrings to traditional narrow-wide chainrings to prevent further chaindrops.
The Creo (at least the one that came with my CREO and the author of this original thread posted about i.e Matt-h has in his video) is the Praxis Wave chain ring.... and therefore my specific response to his posting is of the pic of the Wave chain ring .... not a narrow wide. The pic by the way is direct from Praxis.

Back