mirror mount end of bar

Laurence

Region
Canada
City
Chilliwack
I am looking to put a end mount mirror that is mounted on the inside of the handle bar . I have a Gazelle C8 step thru .The people that sold me this bike did not recommend this style of mirror because of cutting the end of the handle grip (left side). Has anyone mounted this mirror ? BTW I like this mirror because it is glass.
mirrot.jpg

its usually not big deal to cut the end off a grip for a mirror have done it several times. some grips come with a removable end.

Last edited:
I have the same Nexus 8 IGH as your C8 and I use Ergon grips and a mirrycle bar end mirror. I see from Court’s review of the C8 it uses locking grips, that would be a simple swap out for a pair of ergon GP1 grips like mine that have a shorter right grip to accommodate the Shimano Nexus revoshift twist shifter

Last edited:
I have one of these on both of my bikes. Works great. End of bars look fine with mirror in place. I did have a removable plug, so no cutting, but the size and placement is perfect, so I'd have cut if I had to cut. Bike is Rize RX.

Here's a Mirrcycle on a C8 with Ergon GP1 "Nexus" grips". I prefer the Ergons, I had them on other bikes, I saved the leather ones if I ever want to put things back stock.

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpeg
    IMG_0371.jpeg
    533.3 KB · Views: 566
I mounted a Mirrcycle on my bike and the grip required cutting. It was a real PITA until I got serious. (and used some smarts) The solution was to drill a small hole dead center of the grip end and using the correct size speedbore bit and some caution I opened the end of the grip to the diameter required. The grip looks fine IMO, and I'm real anal retentive. CN

Have similar somewhat question - have Cannondale Tesoro X1 Remixte, and debating between the following: 1. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09C4J8HJJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3SMGSFROZAHND&psc=1 , and 2. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009R96YK/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 I like mirrors sticking more out sideways as opposed to ones mounted toward middle of handlebar for one simple reason - the better view of incoming traffic from behind, period. All those esthetics talk I don't care. I wonder if anybody had any experience with either? Specifically the curvature - I'm wondering if they offer the same field of view (wide enough), although with that there is trade off - wider you see, farther it appears.. could pose sometimes false security feeling, and not give you enough to realize it's far away while is not that far especially if approaching with high speed from behind - think heavy tracks for instance... Thx. p.s. I have on my other 2 bikes #1, and it's good enough... what I think I'll do I will order both sets and try them out.. With prime Amazon it's not a big deal to return for full refund unwanted.

I've tried several mirrors and keep coming back to the style in the OP's picture. Field of vision is fine, and it doesn't turn everything into a tiny difficult to see dot. Yes, it's always getting bumped and knocked and needing to be readjusted, but that beats the daylights out of being broken off. They have adjustable tension, and if properly adjusted, the mirror will give without breaking.

I've used glass and stainless, and managed to scratch both. For what they cost, not that big a deal when they get to the point you want to replace them.

Our bikes all use comfort grips, and the end of the one on the left is cut to allow the use of this mirror. -Al

Thx! I wonder if price is for set or just per one? ....also I believe judging from pic included MTB are sturdier, and less prone from braking seeing how thin lens post is used from rest of mirror's body - it may post problem... although I understand it's not biggy 4 this low price...... I never had a problem with MTB stability , #1 Iink I provided ... Never would get of preset position once adjusted before ride despite of any vibration.. .. I ride though mostly in Cleveland metro parks, gravel paths ... I think #2 mirrors have blue tint and that may not be optimum.... especially I use tinted glasses.
I've tried several mirrors and keep coming back to the style in the OP's picture. Field of vision is fine, and it doesn't turn everything into a tiny difficult to see dot. Yes, it's always getting bumped and knocked and needing to be readjusted, but that beats the daylights out of being broken off. They have adjustable tension, and if properly adjusted, the mirror will give without breaking.

I've used glass and stainless, and managed to scratch both. For what they cost, not that big a deal when they get to the point you want to replace them.

Our bikes all use comfort grips, and the end of the one on the left is cut to allow the use of this mirror. -Al

I use this mirror which is made from aluminium, so a bit more robust than plastic.

It is very adjustable to get the right angle, folds back on itself for storage and if you hit something with it

MICTUNING Mirror for Motorbike,Universal 7/8 inches 22mm Motorcycle Rear Bike Mirror,High Definition, Blast-resistant.3 inches Round Handlebar Wing Foldable Mirrors, End Side Mirror (2 Pack)
by M Corporation
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FCCJ..._dp_D1ZT8Q6XCW3MHCS3Y7ZP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

18FF476D-57F3-4B9C-A5CD-80F28D6B0790.jpeg

Thx! I wonder if price is for set or just per one? ....also I believe judging from pic included MTB are sturdier, and less prone from braking seeing how thin lens post is used from rest of mirror's body - it may post problem... although I understand it's not biggy 4 this low price...... I never had a problem with MTB stability , #1 Iink I provided ... Never would get of preset position once adjusted before ride despite of any vibration.. .. I ride though mostly in Cleveland metro parks, gravel paths ... I think #2 mirrors have blue tint and that may not be optimum.... especially I use tinted glasses.
I received a pair when I ordered them. As mentioned, if the tension is set correctly, that post is pretty reliable. They need to be left loose enough to give when they're hit.

I have had the mirrors on the end of the handlebars and do not like them, they get hit all the time and constantly need tightening up and it makes the bike that much wider to get through doorways etc.
I am using these now and really like them, they never need tightening

I mounted a Mirrcycle on my bike and the grip required cutting. It was a real PITA until I got serious. (and used some smarts) The solution was to drill a small hole dead center of the grip end and using the correct size speedbore bit and some caution I opened the end of the grip to the diameter required. The grip looks fine IMO, and I'm real anal retentive. CN
A boxcutter and a quick stab and swirl will get the job done. Easy peasy. The Mirrcyle will hide any minor blemish...

I have had the mirrors on the end of the handlebars and do not like them, they get hit all the time and constantly need tightening up and it makes the bike that much wider to get through doorways etc.
I am using these now and really like them, they never need tightening

this are so bulky stick up way too much the mirror tends to be crappy quality I tried and it had way to much curve I want a flat mirror and it may be hard to mount them depending on what's on your bar. if you need a mirror thats past your bar then your going to have the same issues.

Last edited:
this are so bulky stick up way too much the mirror tends to be crappy on the lens I tried and way to much curve I want a flat mirror and it may be hard to mount them depending on what's on your bar. if you need a mirror thats past your bar then your going to have the same issues.
Anyone speak jive?

Back