mirror mount end of bar

I have had the mirrors on the end of the handlebars and do not like them, they get hit all the time and constantly need tightening up and it makes the bike that much wider to get through doorways etc.
I am using these now and really like them, they never need tightening

Turn them in. I’m 250lbs and my fat arse doesn’t block them. That stopped all issues. One set is 8 years old.

I have had the mirrors on the end of the handlebars and do not like them, they get hit all the time and constantly need tightening up and it makes the bike that much wider to get through doorways etc.
I am using these now and really like them, they never need tightening

+1
These are great mirrors!

Attachments

• PXL_20220130_172508774.jpg
    PXL_20220130_172508774.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 267
I think they suck plastic mirrors with way too much curve. I would give you the one I bought but I think I tossed it.

No, they are not. They are very well build, don't need tightening, easy to adjust and not expensive. I can't think of better mirror honestly, these are doing everything just right.
I dont agrège. they don't look like they belong on a bike either way to obtrusive. like I said a plastic mirror so the optics are not as clear.

I really did not post this to get into an argument about bike mirrors because I don’t have time but They are glass

Posted this in case someone else would be interested in them

We got the point, you don’t like them - someone that is not happy with mirrcycle might like them🙄

I dont agrège. they don't look like they belong on a bike either way to obtrusive. like I said a plastic mirror so the optics are not as clear.
If you are supplying this blab because you are bored and haven't got anything else to do, please stop. Smash your finger with a hammer hard enough where you need to address the bleeding. That'll give you something constructive to do.....

If you are supplying this blab because you are bored and haven't got anything else to do, please stop. Smash your finger with a hammer hard enough where you need to address the bleeding. That'll give you something constructive to do.....
your right I was thinking it was like the other ones of the same style. still too bulky on a bike. you want to turn your bike over to change a tire its a real pain.

hey don't look like they belong on a bike either way to obtrusive
I am riding in a city a lot and amount of additional visibility and safety they add compensate everything you mention. They can be mounted in different way (i.e. under the handlebar) so you can find most convenient position for you.

I am riding in a city a lot and amount of additional visibility and safety they add compensate everything you mention. They can be mounted in different way (i.e. under the handlebar) so you can find most convenient position for you.
so do bar end without all the bulk and arm. I have put way over 35,000 miles riding on the road. the mirrorcyle has the best mirror but its mount has its issues and it vibrates. bar end is out of the way of your hands and working on your bikes. the jacks would not be tall enough to take care of that mirror. my garmin radar is the best mirror and the regular mirror is now my second mirror. if you want a mirror more out there this guy would be it. keeps the mirror away from brakes and controls.

Last edited:
I use this mirror which is made from aluminium, so a bit more robust than plastic.

It is very adjustable to get the right angle, folds back on itself for storage and if you hit something with it

MICTUNING Mirror for Motorbike,Universal 7/8 inches 22mm Motorcycle Rear Bike Mirror,High Definition, Blast-resistant.3 inches Round Handlebar Wing Foldable Mirrors, End Side Mirror (2 Pack)
by M Corporation
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FCCJ..._dp_D1ZT8Q6XCW3MHCS3Y7ZP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 112964
Thx, unfortunately there are some concerns with quality... I typically take few factors into account when making choice: percentage of most satisfied customers vs percentage of least satisfied buyer... Also overall number of reviews, and reading especially few of those of worst reviews to get idea what potential problems product has a potential to develops over time... I can tell you I've been using MTB mirrors at least for 4 years, and 0 complains. Very sturdy! About the following: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09C4J8HJJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A3SMGSFROZAHND&psc=1 what i like is a fact they are wider then MTBs.. If they are convex enough, the vertical view won't be an issue, but it is always plus when you have wider horizontal view allowing you better angle especially for 'blind areas' around you.. Side mirrors typically also have advantage offering much less obstructed areas of view due to fact being positioned further away from the main axle of body location... Yet need to buy in order to try.. Having Prime account is fully returnable product, so logically seems to be case to try them out and compare against my MTB ones. Big question is handlebar, so I need to make sure I talk to Cannondale as bike is brand new so before cutting anything want to know if I won't for no reason damage it in order to gain access to end cup beneath rubberized end of handlebar....... well.. already found my answer on product description itself: type : flat.. (not for me) - research continues.

it. keeps the mirror away from brakes and controls.
but makes bike noticeably wider and bulkier. Also I am not sure about how they will survive if you touch the wall with end of handlebar mirror - the ones I have just fold, but these won't probably survive at all.

but makes bike noticeably wider and bulkier. Also I am not sure about how they will survive if you touch the wall with end of handlebar mirror - the ones I have just fold, but these won't probably survive at all.
yes but it you need it out to see aroudn yourself. yo ucan tuck them under the bars if you have the visibility. I took one out the otehr day when I slid on some crap on a sidewalk and hit a bar. but any mirror thats past the par will do that.

yes but it you need it out to see aroudn yourself.
I have to cross GW bridge to Manhattan twice a day during my commute and it's bike/pedestrian line is so narrow in places so such incidents are happening. I just wanted to confirm these mirrors I use can sustain it without damage.

I have to cross GW bridge to Manhattan twice a day during my commute and it's bike/pedestrian line is so narrow in places so such incidents are happening. I just wanted to confirm these mirrors I use can sustain it without damage.
it takes a good hit. I have the bike fall over and never hurt them.

this are so bulky stick up way too much the mirror tends to be crappy quality I tried and it had way to much curve I want a flat mirror and it may be hard to mount them depending on what's on your bar. if you need a mirror thats past your bar then your going to have the same issues.
Not only that... For toller people based what people report, and fact that you use bigger bike frame; hance, seating further away from the mirror location, they seem to have very poor and obstructed view :( of the field... But I think my research got to the end.. Just encountered this; and they connect three worlds: wide, convex, and mounted on end of handlebar: https://www.amazon.com/Hafny-Automotive-Shatterproof-Multi-Angle-HF-M900LS-FR08/dp/B094YVGTSD/ref=sr_1_57?crid=25PD7L71Y738L&keywords=convex+end+handlebar+bike+mirrors&qid=1643648313&sprefix=convex+end+handlebar+bike+mirrors,aps,91&sr=8-57&th=1
With convex mirror, the vertical axe of view is never problematic as they offer 'wide spectrum' of viewing field. The plus in horizontal direction is obvious to cover more effectively your blind spots. Big question , and trade off is anti-glar - I bet there are trade offs, during day they may be darker than you truly would wish for, yet in the night the incoming cars will definitely blind you less.. I'm leaning toward blue tint for antiglare, just to give them a shot. Last note, convex: objects appear further then they are from you - something to remember, my experience is your 'brain' is getting used to it rather quickly.
I really did not post this to get into an argument about bike mirrors because I don’t have time but They are glass

Posted this in case someone else would be interested in them

We got the point, you don’t like them - someone that is not happy with mirrcycle might like them🙄
For the sake of argument: possibly as mirror surface they are OK, but.... IMHO any , any type of mounts that position ANY MIRROR toward middle is bad solution.. why??? Putting them more toward center axle of bike will produce the obstructed rear view.. You'll see more of your arms than coming cars from behind! Way better concept is to put them further away from you, i.e. from handlebar (ideally attach to end of bar) so rear view is not obstructed!!!.. Therefore I opted for this ones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B094YWYFHF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
IF they fail on me, free return, and then will purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Mirrycle-MTB-Mountain-Bicycle-Mirror/dp/B0009R96YK/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1TCTMT35A9JKP&keywords=mtb+bike+mirror&qid=1643722713&sprefix=mbt+bike+mirrors,aps,79&sr=8-6 I have MTB on my two other bikes for some years now and my only complain (if at all ) is quite big curvature producing really tiny view of cars that are much closer then they appear. Not bad after all as it means wider view hopefully covering more of your blind spots, but still you need to get bit used to them, and under certain circumstances may be tricky... Unfortunately, as oppose to more flat, yet huge in size once that can be found on automotive, as for bicycle, the size, weight.. all are non welcome, so you need to keep some more convex like in order to maintain secure views. ..

Last edited:
Back