Mirror for Stromer ST-1

smitty

Any suggestions for a left-side mirror on the Stromer. I'm unsure if there is a removable end cap on the Ergo grips or if one might need to cut it out to install a bar-end mirror? Does anyone have any experience with the Blackburn Velcro mount on the Stromer?

Thank you...I was hoping that such was the case and the mirrocycle was high on my list...since I am riding it on a 60-day trial, I really didn't want to cut up the grip, but don't like riding without a mirror and helmet mirrors are not my thing...thank you again for the info!

I'm thinking of the Ergotec M-88 as it will not enlarge the ST2,
maybe the view is not as good as the standard.

I used this mirror on my ST2 and I have Ergon grips. I actually bought it through the the holland bike shop. Shipping was as much as the mirror itself but I absolutely love the mirror. It folds in when not in use and is rock solid when folded out, no adjusting every 5 minutes or jiggling rear views.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 660
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1,667
I started with a Busch & Müller 701 Mirror for E-Bikes 913701VLME, which is a great mirror. I switched to an Ergotec M-99 mirror from Humpert, part number 65174, which requires a bar end adapter, part number 65178. Made in Germany, the Ergotec is not yet distributed in the US. I bought mine online from xxcycle.com, an excellent French retailer. They were euros 21,58 and 7,92, respectively, plus shipping. The advantage of the Ergotec over the B&M is that the mirror sits higher in your peripheral vision just like the old Rhode Gear hood mounted mirror that they stopped selling years ago. The Humpert Ergotec M-99 is larger than the M-88. Finding a seller who ships to the U.S. will be the challenge. I had to email xxcycle.com with my request, since at the time their website showed only the M-88, and I think that is the case now, although for a time they displayed the M-99 . With either the M-99 or 88, you will need to order the bar end adapter. The mirror fits either the left side or right side. See http://www.ergotec.de/produkte/spiegel/sub/ruckspiegel/produkt/m-99.html

Back