Meet your new overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really funny until they can make them cheap enough to take your job. They won't go sick, they won't ask for a holiday, they won't ask for decent working conditions, they won't ask to be paid, they won't strike for better pay, they won't need breaks, they will work 24 hours a day. Not so funny now are they.
Obviously that's a concern to everybody but at the end of the day it's inevitable to an extent. Anything new seems different for obvious reasons but how far back would you take it? The invention of the backhoe took away jobs from laborers so get rid of all backhoes and you can hire five or six guys with shovels to replace it. Cars are largely put together by robots welding and doing lather tasks compared to the past. Get rid of all of them and you can hire thousands upon thousands of more people to build cars. Of course they will only be affordable to the wealthy.The invention of the light bulb took a lot of jobs away from candle makers and whale oil salesman. I think the difficulty will be that in the past when automation made things cheaper in a way they created more jobs because the products created were more affordable for the average person so even though it took less people or man hours to create the product it was made up for in volume. And the money you saved you spent somewhere else which create a new jobs but the catch here will be eventually there will be nothing that humans can do better basically.

Man that is creepy. The idea that people have actual relationships with these things is really weird. I mean any kind of relationship is strange but that seems like the kind of thing somebody should do something with and then throw it into a closet and feel shame afterwards. But like to take it out to dinner or something? That's really weird

Really funny until they can make them cheap enough to take your job. They won't go sick, they won't ask for a holiday, they won't ask for decent working conditions, they won't ask to be paid, they won't strike for better pay, they won't need breaks, they will work 24 hours a day. Not so funny now are they.
Yes, but this has been the pattern since technology became a thing.
The trend is to less labor. We have hundreds of horses pulling our chariots now and you don't even need to whip them.
The problem is that calculating is also labor, and now we have that done for us to an extent that almost makes us superfluous. It definitely makes most of us superfluous.
So less humanity is needed - and the time has come for less humanity to be allowed us.

Yes, but this has been the pattern since technology became a thing.
The trend is to less labor. We have hundreds of horses pulling our chariots now and you don't even need to whip them.
The problem is that calculating is also labor, and now we have that done for us to an extent that almost makes us superfluous. It definitely makes most of us superfluous.
So less humanity is needed - and the time has come for less humanity to be allowed us.
That last sentence is interesting. What does that mean do you think there should be less people and we should have a culling? Or we should be less humane to each other? One would hope that we would have less need for labor but we would have more of what we need. Then we would have time to do other things besides labor.

Man that is creepy. The idea that people have actual relationships with these things is really weird. I mean any kind of relationship is strange but that seems like the kind of thing somebody should do something with and then throw it into a closet and feel shame afterwards. But like to take it out to dinner or something? That's really weird
Listen to what they are saying : These Robots can already pass as Human . It's just a short matter of time before Motor skills will as well. Why wouldn't they use these for Armies , Spying , Law enforcment etc. Also keep in mind : This is what they are showing us . How much farther have these advance that we aren't told of. Do you know they are already testing Human brains in them ?

Listen to what they are saying : These Robots can already pass as Human . It's just a short matter of time before Motor skills will as well. Why wouldn't they use these for Armies , Spying , Law enforcment etc. Also keep in mind : This is what they are showing us . How much farther have these advance that we aren't told of. Do you know they are already testing Human brains in them ?
Well I don't believe they're testing them with human brains in them but I do believe they will definitely be used in the military. Law enforcement might take a little longer because legal reasons but once you have a robot that can fight better than any soldier how would any leader of a country explain why he would send thousands of troops into harms way when you could send a couple hundred robots instead?

Well I don't believe they're testing them with human brains in them but I do believe they will definitely be used in the military. Law enforcement might take a little longer because legal reasons but once you have a robot that can fight better than any soldier how would any leader of a country explain why he would send thousands of troops into harms way when you could send a couple hundred robots instead?
Well it starts small . Something they called Synthetic Algorithms. This video is 2 years old . The title is misleading . But what he's sharing isn't . That was 2 years ago. Tech knowledge is exploding . I'm sure they have gone way past this now . Plus I'm sure you are aware that Man's Goal always has been to live forever . Why wouldn't the next step be to put your brain in a Robot ? To a Atheists way of thinking . The Brain is your sole . It's not . But that's the scientific theory

Well it starts small . Something they called Synthetic Algorithms. This video is 2 years old . The title is misleading . But what he's sharing isn't . That was 2 years ago. Tech knowledge is exploding . I'm sure they have gone way past this now . Plus I'm sure you are aware that Man's Goal always has been to live forever . Why wouldn't the next step be to put your brain in a Robot ? To a Atheists way of thinking . The Brain is your sole . It's not . But that's the scientific theory
Do you mean the soul? You said the brain wasn't the soul but you didn't tell us what is

Do you mean the soul? You said the brain wasn't the soul but you didn't tell us what is
Pretty sure you know the answer . But it's ironic that giving life to an image of a man is what deceives the world during the tribulation > what do you suppose that means ?

When I was a young I thought any new advancement was cool! Let's go! No perspective. I've owned personal computers since 1982 and now they run everything. Member John Peck had a great line (paraphrasing here), far too much time and labor spent earning money to pay for labor saving devices.

Now with some perspective some of these things we need to worry about. Labor saving robots are wiping out a lot of good paying jobs. Not everyone wants to code in a cubical.
Listen to John Lithgow's character at 0:35 in this clip from the movie Interstellar:

Many of today's children might be saying the same thing in 50-60 years time.

Pretty sure you know the answer . But it's ironic that giving life to an image of a man is what deceives the world during the tribulation > what do you suppose that means ?
Can we please have a break from your incessant preaching? How about if we all promise to spend a whole day discussing whatever you want?

Can we please have a break from your incessant preaching? How about if we all promise to spend a whole day discussing whatever you want?
What? I just pointed out what you believe already . Don't accuse me of things you imagine . Please

Nobody thought a year ago we'd see a Global crash of the Economy . Let alone from a bug . But we did . They have to world right where they want it . Why would they ever allow it to recover ? Maybe not or probably so ? ;) But we don't want to scare the ...........................................................
Who is the "they"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back