Maybe no Teo for me

Thanks to all of you who are regularly or occasionally posting on this thread. You inspired me to buy a Teo. I feel a little unarmed though without any emoticons. I was very excited about getting my bike, but now I fear I may never get one. I placed my order and paid Benoit about a month ago. I explained that the bike would be going to a one man post office in a small community in Oregon where I will be retiring. I currently come here for one week every month. I explained to him that if I knew what the tariff would be, I would leave a check and the bike could be delivered any time. After many emails, he said he could not find out in advance.

Plan B. - If he could get lead time on shipping, I would be here for this week which we would target. DHL told him 3 days. So, he called for pick up last Thur and DHL picked up Friday. Since then, for 5 days, the bike has been sitting in Montreal. Today, since I leave on Friday, I insisted that he find out what is happening with my bike. He said he would check. I changed my flight home to Tuesday of next week to allow a few more days for shipping. Apparently Benoit got frustrated with the whole thing and contacted DHL to return the bike to him and when it gets back he will refund my money.

Very disappointing. I do not want my money, I want my Teo. Alas, at this point it seems I may never get one. You should all consider yourselves very lucky. Again, thanks for the very enlightening and entertaining posts.

Sounds like a logistics problem. Mine took a little longer than I would have liked due to shipping problems at both ends. The bikes were bumped onto the next boat and took extra time to get to Vancouver and then to Montreal, and then the shipper took a few days longer to get here than I would have liked. All of this was out of Benoit's control so I don't blame him for the shipping company's delays.

Perhaps you can make it easier for the bike to get to you. Is there anyone near you that could receive the bike and hold it for you until you can pick it up? Most shipping problems can be resolved with a little compromise and ingenuity. It's worth the wait to get a Teo. :)

Sounds like a logistics problem. Mine took a little longer than I would have liked due to shipping problems at both ends. The bikes were bumped onto the next boat and took extra time to get to Vancouver and then to Montreal, and then the shipper took a few days longer to get here than I would have liked. All of this was out of Benoit's control so I don't blame him for the shipping company's delays.

Perhaps you can make it easier for the bike to get to you. Is there anyone near you that could receive the bike and hold it for you until you can pick it up? Most shipping problems can be resolved with a little compromise and ingenuity. It's worth the wait to get a Teo. :)

Hi J. Petersen,
This may be good news for you. Benoit posted on the forum in the section
Order is done...thanks to all who posts so much detail
and this is what he said:

Hello,

good news!
I want to notify purchasers from the United States that customs fees are now paid with the Globex transportation broker. The bikes are mainly dispatched by airplane within 3-4 days by DHL.

Benoit

So, J. Petersen, if this helps you, then maybe all is not lost after all. You could continue trying and maybe it will work out for you. I hope so.
Kind regards,
Jazzcat

Thanks for the input Jazzcat. That was plan A. The Post Office is open 9 - 4:30 five days a week and will sign for the shipment. The problem is that there supposedly will be a tariff due. Benoit claims he can't get that magic number. Obviously, it's available - weight x size x distance x value x ABC = $.
Point is, Benoit can't or won't get the $. If the bike comes COD, I can't arrange for the money to be there without an amount. If there were NO tariff, as one buyer experienced, or if they would bill me for it, problem solved.

Doesn't this line of Benoit's post fix that?
"I want to notify purchasers from the United States that customs fees are now paid with the Globex transportation broker."

Doesn't this line of Benoit's post fix that?
"I want to notify purchasers from the United States that customs fees are now paid with the Globex transportation broker."

Thanks again Jazzcat. Benoit has told me repeatedly that there will be tariff COD. I have just sent him a new inquiry to see if it is correct that there is not.. If true, I didn't need to change my flight or be here for the delivery.. Strange, if it were true that there's nothing due, that he would have contacted DHL today to return the bike from "ON HOLD" in Montreal to his shop.

@j petersen sorry to hear about you're having trouble, if I may, usually if there is tax duty or import charge it comes to few hundred dollars. If you are shure it is DHL bringing the bike you can contact them and pay them directly before delivery. I have done so when I purchased my phone on line. Just my 2 cents idea, hope it helps. By the way Téo is worth the extra effort.

Last edited:
Back