Max rider weight for Neo Volt and Neo City?

LittleMac

Region
USA
Does anyone know the max rider weight for the Easy Motion Neo Volt and Neo City? My husband gained some weight this winter and I think he’s too big now for either of our bikes.

Also, does anyone know if I can replace the tires on the City with beefier tires? The ones it came with are so thin.

Does anyone know the max rider weight for the Easy Motion Neo Volt and Neo City? My husband gained some weight this winter and I think he’s too big now for either of our bikes.

Also, does anyone know if I can replace the tires on the City with beefier tires? The ones it came with are so thin.
Most bicycles and ebikes have a weight capacity of 275 to 300 lbs. BH/Easy Motion has that same range. Wheels are usually the limiting factor. If the spokes start breaking you might look into getting some heavy duty wheels built. Broken spokes can be very dangerous. Hard case tires like Schwalbe Marathon Plus will help.

You might want to note the weight you're talking about. There are plenty of heavyweight riders, they may dispel your concerns.

I recently bought the Ride1Up cafe cruiser, and one of the deciding factors was the 350# weight rating. That’s far more than i need, but it gives a healthy margin.

Back