Map charging stations?

Sparkfire

Has anyone mapped available "wall charging" stations? Some of the public ev charging stations for cars have wall outlets but others don't. Any advice or ideas?

Many McDonald's locations have "laptop bars" with outlets for charging electronic devices. On one occasion, I put a few watts into my battery while eating lunch at one of these places. Any fast food joint is a possibility. I'm sure many ebike dealers would allow you to charge a battery as well. Places such as this would be fairly easy to map since their locations are available on the internet.

I was also hoping there was a plan (in British Columbia at least) to have wall outlets available at all public EV charging stations. I am finding it's hit and miss with little planned provision in place for E-bikes.

Don’t forget public libraries. You’ve always got something to read while picking up an hour or so of charge!

Pizza joints too, if you buy a slice, or regional chain convenience stores. Never had anyone say no.

I was also hoping there was a plan (in British Columbia at least) to have wall outlets available at all public EV charging stations. I am finding it's hit and miss with little planned provision in place for E-bikes.

I can see where this would be a help to ebikers but recharging takes time. Not much to do around an EV charging station. I wouldn't want to leave my battery & charger unattended while I went somewhere else. At least at a restaurant, you could eat while you charge and keep an eye on your gear.

Good point. In rural areas we don't always have fast food places available so I was thinking as an option, that the public EV charging stations should have wall outlets.
I do like the ideas of libraries as well.

Back