Magura MT5e front RCS brake

They may say 160mm is fine for the back brake, but the front is a different story. You may also eat brake pads much faster with the smaller disc. Brake rotors are pretty easy to change out, but to do it right, you should have an inch-pound torque wrench. I bought a good one on Amazon for like $35

Does anyone know if the ball section of the brake lever can be removed and replaced without needing to remove the brake itself? I recently took a spill and damaged the ball section. Just wanted to replace that part for cosmetics but didn't want to have to replace the entire section with the cord, etc. It looks like the ball section can be removed if you punch out the pin? Does anyone have experience?

Can you be more specific about what type of brakes you're trying to fix?
Yes! Sorry! I can't believe I didn't include that info initially. They are Magura MT5e brakes on my Frey HT1000 equipped with a Bafang Ultra motor. Below please find a pic of the brake and the damaged bit. I'm wondering if I can just replace the ball piece.

Attachments

• IMG_2373 (1).jpg
    IMG_2373 (1).jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 233
Yes! Sorry! I can't believe I didn't include that info initially. They are Magura MT5e brakes on my Frey HT1000 equipped with a Bafang Ultra motor. Below please find a pic of the brake and the damaged bit. I'm wondering if I can just replace the ball piece.
Ok, you just want to replace the lever itself which Magura calls it a "Lever Blade". See it here; http://www.magurausa-shop.com/subgrouping.htm?cat=22511

If you need further help with it, a phone call to Jude at Magura will help. He's a very helpful guy, however, he doesn't seem to respond well to emails so calling him is the best way to reach him (hopefully he's still with Magura as I haven't spoken to him in a few years).

Back