Made a magnet on zazzle hoping to reduce theft

Maybe a sticker with rifle scope crosshairs saying: Go Ahead, Make My Day. Think I'm Kidding? This Is A Setup And I Do This For Fun.

Doubt any sticker or magnet will stop a determined thief but what the heck, why not give it a shot?

i don't know what the dimensions of the magnet have to do with whether it will mess with your phone memory. The power of the magnet and the proximity to the phone are what's important.

What does 30mm of magnetic material mean anyway? Is the magnet 1.2 inches thick? Is mm also an abbreviation for some unit of magnetic power?

Aside from all that, I'd rather have a magnet that says, "Touch this bike and you will be immediately vaporized by the Jewish Space Lasers." Bound to be more effective....

TT

i don't know what the dimensions of the magnet have to do with whether it will mess with your phone memory. The power of the magnet and the proximity to the phone are what's important.

What does 30mm of magnetic material mean anyway? Is the magnet 1.2 inches thick? Is mm also an abbreviation for some unit of magnetic power?

Aside from all that, I'd rather have a magnet that says, "Touch this bike and you will be immediately vaporized by the Jewish Space Lasers." Bound to be more effective....

TT
Pretty easy to edit the design to say anything you want.

So, what is a Tm and how does it relate to 30mm of magnetic material? Tm is surely not Terameters. 200 terameters is 12 billion miles and what does that have to do with magnetic power??

Last edited:
So, what is a Tm and how does it relate to 30mm of magnetic material? Tm is surely not Terameters. 200 terameters is 12 billion miles and what does that have to do with magnetic power?
The T stands for Tesla and has to do with the measurement of magnetic field strength. Have no idea if mm is a magnetic measurement or misprint on the item description.
teslas
The International System unit for measuring magnetism is the tesla which measures something called the magnetic flux density, but teslas are only really useful for measuring very large magnetic fields. A more suitable way to measure smaller magnetic fields is to use the unit gauss. One tesla equals 10,000 gauss.

I looked that up too, but it still doesn't answer the questions, what is a Tm and what does "30mm of magnetic material" mean? Furthermore, other than you think "it should be fine", why should anyone trust this thing near their phone? My test would be if it's strong enough to stick to my bike it's too strong to be near my phone, but that's no more scientific than your approach....

Wow…deep weeds here!😂
Dont know about you guys but my iPhone uses a magnetic charger that sticks fairly solidly to the phone and is made to work that way. You’d probably need a heavy degaussing magnet to cause any real issues.

I looked that up too, but it still doesn't answer the questions, what is a Tm and what does "30mm of magnetic material" mean? Furthermore, other than you think "it should be fine", why should anyone trust this thing near their phone? My test would be if it's strong enough to stick to my bike it's too strong to be near my phone, but that's no more scientific than your approach....
Got one on the way. Will post a video and try to depict magnet strength and phone safety.

Back