Made a magnet on zazzle hoping to reduce theft

Wow…deep weeds here!😂
Yeah, I can get silly when my BS alarm goes off. Millimeters of magnetic material, 200 Tm of magnetism to mess with electronics... it's all meaningless and apparently made up anyway. All over a cute little magnet someone will probably steal first chance they get.

Got one on the way. Will post a video and try to depict magnet strength and phone safety.
If it's magnetic it seems to me it's designed to be used when you leave your bike in order to do something else. Unless you're in the habit of leaving your phone on your bike when you park it, I don't see the problem.

Yeah, I can get silly when my BS alarm goes off. Millimeters of magnetic material, 200 Tm of magnetism to mess with electronics... it's all meaningless and apparently made up anyway. All over a cute little magnet someone will probably steal first chance they get.
No BS. Says it has shipped and will arrive on or before June 11.

Let me know if anything bad happens.

I'd almost bet it read, or was supposed to read 30 mil. Which is .03 inch or 0.762mm. Maybe a website mistake? Anyway mil is a standard measurement used in the industry.

Theft Prevention Magnet
  • Dimensions: 3.5" x 2.5"
  • Vivid full-color digital printing
  • 30mm magnetic material
  • Easy to apply, remove, and re-apply
  • Coated for superior UV protection
I understand it as 3.5" Length x 2.5" Width x 1.2" Thick (approx 30mm)
Seemed kind of thick to me. Am I the only one? It wouldn't conform to fit anywhere.
Sure. It would stick, but be like a block. 3 mm would be more like it. Essentially a fridge magnet.
It would just get stolen regardless.
CN

I'd almost bet it read, or was supposed to read 30 mil. Which is .03 inch or 0.762mm. Maybe a website mistake? Anyway mil is a standard measurement used in the industry.
Still doesn't make much sense in the context of whether it might harm your phone, which from what I've googled today, seems unlikely anyway, although it may have negative affects on your phone's compass and other apps.

I'd rather put ten bucks toward a good lock than some magic beans. Not sure how we'll ever know whether this works anyway, so if you like it, go for it I guess.

TT

Got the Zazzle magnet in the mail today. Here's a short video review of the theft prevention magnet...

I put a real noisy alarm on my bike and it goes off if anyone touches or tries to move the bike. I went to the waterpark and locked it up set up the alarm on and waited. A few minutes some kids come around looking over the bike and one of the kids grabbed the handlebar and the alarm went off, scared the kids and they took off. It is a good deterrence.

Back