M2S Bikes All-Go | Carbon Fiber Electric Bike

m2s-slide-1_t5alav.jpg

We just launched our crowd-funding campaign for this new carbon fiber electric bike and I'd really like to hear your initial feedback and thoughts on what we have to offer.

Take a look at the Indiegogo page here: https://igg.me/at/m2sbikes/x/12596322

m2s-slide-1_t5alav.jpg

We just launched our crowd-funding campaign for this new carbon fiber electric bike and I'd really like to hear your initial feedback and thoughts on what we have to offer.

Take a look at the Indiegogo page here: https://igg.me/at/m2sbikes/x/12596322

Looks like poor man's Optibike.
https://optibike.com/pioneer-carbon/
You should include clear and detailed specs on the campaign page.

For eg: Optibike is advertising Shimano XT levers and SLX drive train.

Aesthetically speaking, this bike gets great marks. The battery type and capacity would be welcome information. I did notic that the CF handlebars / display module is an integrated unit that limits any fitment adjustment for different sized riders. You don't mention available frame sizes, or if there are any upgrades available (i.e. A suspension fork, integrated lighting/ ubs port, fenders, carrier rack, or upgraded hydraulic brakes).
Again, this is an excellent looking bike for the money. I wonder if Court could review a pre-production sample and lend his input (I know he is going to bring up a bottle carrier mount).
I am sure a thorough and positive review and write up will go a long way towards helping you reach your goals.

Last edited:
I think most (not all) vendors contract out the bikes to china. If you search hard enough, you can find almost all of them cheaper on Alibaba. I see no issue with this. Now if a vendor is just having completed bikes drop shipped from china without any inspection/QA, I would have a problem.

Optibike obviously uses the same frame manufacture as M2s, but the motors, components are slightly different. Optibike is advertising 500w, where m2s is 250w. Optibike is using Shimano Deore XT, M2s Shimano Alivio. I have no idea if Optibike designed the frame and the Chinese manufacturer is selling it to other vendors without their knowledge or if it was a stock design that both companies just choose to use. As a consumer I could care less, that is a fight between companies/suppliers. Just look at amazon, you can find the same product under 20 different company names.

A good company will order all the bare components from china and hand assemble them. This insures quality control. A bad company will order assembled bikes and pass them off as hand built.

In the end, all that matters to me is a quality product, good price, spare parts, and good support. If you want M2s to stand out, you need to explain everything that makes your bike special i.e Upgraded parts, Hand assembled in USA, Warranty, spare part availability, etc etc. Nobody wants to buy a 2500 boat anchor, no matter if its half the price of the competition. Good luck!

William

Hey everyone, so yes, this is a similar bike to the one offered by a few other bike manufacturers or seemingly in the works. We don't take credit for designing the bike, but instead are working as a distributor of this model to the United States. Having said that, there are a number of things that can be customized on the bike, such as the drivetrain, bar/stem combo, front fork, etc.

For our pre-order, we opted to stick to a standard package to try and not overly complicate things. The bike has a 3x9 Shimano Alivio drivetrain that is great for climbing the steepest hills and maximizing speed on flats and downhills. We opted to offer the integrated digital display and carbon fork as we believe it is the most aesthetically pleasing option out there that we've seen. If we're successful in our campaign for pre-orders we'll definitely be rolling out various bar / stem options to help customize fit and offer different options for riders looking for specific setups.

Personally, I'm against having electric bikes on singletrack trails because I know it causes conflicts with user groups and as an avid mountain biker I want to try and do as much as I can to protect trail access. For that reason, we opted to keep the carbon fiber rigid fork and I really like it because it creates a lot of opportunity for increased power when sprinting and climbing quickly. I like this bike because it allows me to fly up hills, but it's not without hard work. The difference is whether I can climb a slight uphill grade going 6 mph on my regular bike vs 18 mph on this bike or climbing very steep grades at 9 mph on the ebike vs 3 mph on a standard bike.

The bike features the Boefelli mid-drive motor that is rated for 250 watts, although the watt meter on the bike consistently shows watt output of over 650 watts when put on the highest pedal assist speed. The digital display / speed controller has five levels of assist that more-or-less corresponds to watt output. For example, on level 3, the bike puts out between 250 - 350 watts of power to help the cyclist maintain a fast cadence. If you shift into a harder gear, the watt output increases until the cadence returns to a faster pace or speed increases.

Our goal from the beginning was to offer this bike and provide the ultimate customer service. To do that, we'll be offering a great warranty package with these bikes and will be able to provide quick support via email and phone to address any problems. We'll also be carrying replacement parts, extra batteries, etc to make sure that we have everything we need to get a broken bike repaired and back on the road as soon as possible. One of our main hopes is that we'll be able to establish a network of dealers who can specialize in both sales and repairs of these bikes, but that obviously is dependent on whether or not we can meet our initial fundraising goal and order enough bikes to match supply / demand.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I really appreciate the comments and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to bring this bike to market at this price point (hint: we need more orders).

Eric,

Bike looks very interesting, but as mentioned above more details are needed...

Battery size?

Pedal Assist Technology (cadence versus torque sensing)?

Are the big ones that jump out as being missing from your materials.

Good luck with your campaign!

Eric. it is a nice bike but I'm a bit confuse on what you said (Personally, I'm against having electric bikes on singletrack trails because I know it causes conflicts with user groups and as an avid mountain biker I want to try and do as much as I can to protect trail access) On one hand I understand your personnal opinion and feelings about e-bikes on the trails but then turn around a try to sell such e-bikes to consumers who would like to ride on whatever trails that are out there. Its sound misleading and that you are only in it for money and a con.

If you are against ebikes on trails then why try to sell it. Everyone on here and every other ebikes blogs or forum
have a passion and love for ebikes and would enjoy riding it everywhere.

Hey GMS, thanks for catching those and reminding me. The battery that I have in the bike shown in the video is a 36volt 8.8ah lithium ion battery with Samsung cells. There is an option to upgrade to higher amp hours that we may introduce. The motor is the same Bofieli motor that is in the FLUX bikes, as well as a lot of other bikes currently on the market. It features cadence sensing "smart pedal assist" technology.

Eric. it is a nice bike but I'm a bit confuse on what you said (Personally, I'm against having electric bikes on singletrack trails because I know it causes conflicts with user groups and as an avid mountain biker I want to try and do as much as I can to protect trail access) On one hand I understand your personnal opinion and feelings about e-bikes on the trails but then turn around a try to sell such e-bikes to consumers who would like to ride on whatever trails that are out there. Its sound misleading and that you are only in it for money and a con.

If you are against ebikes on trails then why try to sell it. Everyone on here and every other ebikes blogs or forum
have a passion and love for ebikes and would enjoy riding it everywhere.

Hi "Jolly," here in Western North Carolina most of our trails are in the Pisgah National Forest. Local user groups have made it clear they are against electric assist bikes. I'm all for responsible use, but I'm not advocating that people buy this bike and use it to ride on local singletrack trails where it may cause user conflicts and problems with trail access.

I have a lot of double-track forest roads and gravel roads near my house that I ride regularly on this bike, but as someone who regularly rides a dual-suspension 29" mountain bike down really technical terrain, this carbon fiber bike isn't what I'm going to choose when I'm ready to ride trails. Don't get me wrong, it's fun riding gravel and climbing off-trail terrain, but it's not anywhere close to being a capable mountain bike for bombing steep trails with roots and rocks and I don't think having a front suspension fork will change that.

Here's a good example of what the trails are like around here:

Eric, Thx for sharing that bit of info. I kn ow this CF bike would not be the choice for a single track trail but there are others ebikes that are capable. Moving forward, just the wording seemed a little off and you explained your position on it. As with anything, good luck on your campaign and look forward to see whats down the pipeline.

I asked for the front fork. that is because i want a fork all Ebikes I own for comfort , can't imaging one w/o it for my riding style, which is distance on the smoother the better path /trails but not all are asmotth as i would like

http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...53518935.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.125.vKUDCi

Your price seems fair enough. The best CF campaigns went beyond drop shipping bikes from China. There were people over there to oversee the production or they assembled in the US or Canada. The Aibaba site has a lot of nice pictures. Really is a nice looking bike and the weight is great.

I think Flux said there is a new version of the Bofelli drive with torque sensing

carbon ebike.JPG

Back