M2S all terrain R500

Joe Good

Howdy y'all ... I'm from Port A, SoTex USA.

I just discovered this forum and joined your group. Sure glad I did because I suspect I'll learn plenty about e.bikes here.

I currently ride a 2018 Rad Rover on the beach and love it! I'm thinking about also buying a M2S all terrain R500 e.fatbike. Can anyone shed some light on M2S as a company and this model of bike?

Tx in advance!

They buy container loads of Chinese ebikes, that you can find on Alibaba, and private label them with their name. They reduce their risk, by having folks place pre-orders, and when they get enough filled, then they have the China factory build and ship in a container. Since they go by sea, it's at least 6 weeks, but usually longer since it takes time to build 80 to 100 bikes . They'll order some extras to keep on hand, in between pre-orders. While they have some liberty to tell the China factory what components they want on a particular frame, they don't really do any design. Their pricing has stayed pretty much the same for their models offered both pre and post tariff. So not sure how they are holding that.

Interesting to learn about the Alibaba vs. M2S Chinese pipeline. I was considering the blue M2S r500 step-down model for my gal. It'll cost $1350 delivered.

Do you think that would be wise choice or perhaps I can do better elsewhere? I always put service along side quality. I assume thru Alibaba I'm sold to ... then forgotten about?

No support system is kinda scary as I'm new & dumb about e.fatty upkeep! LOL

Interesting to learn about the Alibaba vs. M2S Chinese pipeline. I was considering the blue M2S r500 step-down model for my gal. It'll cost $1350 delivered.

Do you think that would be wise choice or perhaps I can do better elsewhere? I always put service along side quality. I assume thru Alibaba I'm sold to ... then forgotten about?

No support system is kinda scary as I'm new & dumb about e.fatty upkeep! LOL

The bike is probably fine. If an individual tried to buy one via Alibaba, or Ali express, the same ebike costs around $800, but then you pay $600 for airfreight to your door. Trying to ship just one by sea, is a nightmare, given customs and involving freight forwarder. M2s is able to keep those issues to a minimum by having enough ordered to fit in a container, (maybe 80?) so the per bike shipping cost is much less by sea.

They probably have bought a decent amount of spare parts to handle most situations.

These days , with tariffs, it's going to be hard to find that type of ebike near that price point. Another choice would be a rad city. They deal in higher volumes than m2s, and probably have a bit more financial heft to weather good times and bad.

Good info, tx. I think I'll give the M2S r500 a try. My gal thinks it's sleek & sexy. I reckon that's important? LOL

I wonder if anyone else has bought, or ridden one? Personally, I'll stay with my RadRover. It works great here on our beaches!

Back