Luna BBSHD Ludicrous V2 Released!

Ebiker33

This is very interesting when it comes to new Ebike motor development, it looks like what Watt Wagons did with the Ultra with the X1, Luna is now doing with the BBSHD.

1614129841796.png

LINK TO BLOG POST

LUNA BBSHD V2

Bafang sure has a product people like to upgrade.
But it won't be widely used, look at the last line, "very illegal in all 50 states"

Last edited:
This is very interesting when it comes to new Ebike motor development, it looks like what Watt Wagons did with the Ultra with the X1, Luna is now doing with the BBSHD.

View attachment 79904

LINK TO BLOG POST

LUNA BBSHD V2

But it won't be widely used, look at the last line, "very illegal in all 50 states"
To be fair, I think they mean illegal as a bicycle, not off road. In fact if you click on your Luna link the last line states "It is NOT legal to ride this on public streets or trails. We sell this bike for private property use and race/track riders."

Last edited:

View attachment 79904

LINK TO BLOG POST

LUNA BBSHD V2

We made this thing. It's super cool and fast. But we don't want to sell it to you. Try and convince us. We'll think about it. And only use it on private property. We require pinky promise.

Doug at California eBike shop in Benicia has had a couple of Ludicrous-equipped motors in for repair. Fried gears and early versions of the BBSHD had a week rotor shaft. This controller will ensure those early motors will snap the rotor shaft.

Doug at California eBike shop in Benicia has had a couple of Ludicrous-equipped motors in for repair. Fried gears and early versions of the BBSHD had a week rotor shaft. This controller will ensure those early motors will snap the rotor shaft.
Have a set of steel gears on hand and if the shaft breaks I’ll get it repaired or get a new motor.

Have a set of steel gears on hand and if the shaft breaks I’ll get it repaired or get a new motor.
Hey, I support you in having fun with the build! You seem to have the right mindset. But rather than an experimental controller on a mismatched motor that will certainly test your willingness to repair think LighteningRods. Personally, a LighteningRods mid-drive is a far better choice.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 11.39.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 11.39.14 AM.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 368
Hey, I support you in having fun with the build! You seem to have the right mindset. But rather than an experimental controller on a mismatched motor that will certainly test your willingness to repair think LighteningRods. Personally, a LighteningRods mid-drive is a far better choice.
We will see what happens. The Lightning Rods is an option if the BBSHD dies. There is also the CYC X1 or a rear hub motor. Lots of options with this bike.

I hope they will design such controllers for Bafang m620 and new upcoming m630. I would instantly purchase it.

Back