Loss of electric power

castellrose

Region
United Kingdom
I’ve had A Giant explore E+1 Pro for 18 months now and done 2500 miles. It’s a lovely bike, rides and handles well with smooth motor. After an initial moisture/loss of power after 6 months ( sorted under warranty) I’ve had a pretty much problem-free ride since. Until the day before yesterday. I Did a bike clean with sponge and rinse With hosepipe ( as perGiant’s own recommendation for cleaning). The bike wouldn’t power up next day. Nothing. I did some drying out next to radiator and the screen starting to load but then stopped And still would not turn on properly. But when I plugged charger into bike ( not turned on at the wall socket) the full operating screen would load and I was able to ride with motor running and charger housed in side pannier. Weird! After further 24 hours thr system seemed to work as normal so I rode out a few miles (all downhill) and at nearest town turned around to come back - whole system went dead again so I pushed it home uphill without power. Not fun! At the end of this journey the power did come back for last few meters. Both before all of this and afterwards the controller screen has displayed the ‘spanner’ icon sending me following messages : system message - energy pak error - your ebike needs servicing. Any ideas what is going on here - was I having power loss due to moisture problems, or software-induced errors to get me to a Giant dealer for servicing, or both?

Last edited:
Back