Looking to install torque sensor.

Have you looked to see if your controller is/can be set up for torque sensing?
If someone has done the swap that may have been something they looked into. I would love to hear from someone who has done the swap on the "Aventure" and hear if that was an issue.

AHicks - can I assume you haven't done the swap?

If someone has done the swap that may have been something they looked into. I would love to hear from someone who has done the swap on the "Aventure" and hear if that was an issue.

AHicks - can I assume you haven't done the swap?
Nope, but pretty familiar with controllers/e-bike systems in general. Thought I might be able to save you some time beating the bush looking for info. by asking that question.

The other alternative to torque sensors is variable current/power controller. This works by limiting power, with each setting having different power level eg 100, 200, 400, 600W.
Cadence sensing bikes only limit max speed and use full power to get there. In lower settings will be quite tame at low speeds.

Nope, but pretty familiar with controllers/e-bike systems in general. Thought I might be able to save you some time beating the bush looking for info. by asking that question.
Looking for information is never a waste of time. I'd be looking for information one way or another. I either invest a ton of time learning about controllers to determine whether or not the controller on the Aventure is capable of using a torque sensor, or... ask if someone has already done it and find out if it was successful. Seeing how the original post was asking about putting a torque sensor on the Aventon Level and that the Aventure was also brought up, this was a prime spot to find out if it could be done.

Yes, if I recall these bikes had a strain gauge at the right rear dropout, measuring the pressure on the chain. I will bet that workarounds are not worth it and will not work anyway. Adopting one's self to something that feels unnatural is also not worth it. I would say it is best to just take the hit on the chin and start fresh with something she can test ride.

Back