Looking for the Yamaha rear rack and fender kit

nbkutz

I'm picking up a Wabash soon and was asking the dealer if I could have the rack and fender kit installed with it. The shop only picked up the brand in December and didn't order the rack kit, and now the Yamaha website has them out of stock. There are no other dealers within a few hundred miles. Was hoping there might be someone on these forums that might be a dealer or knows where some stock might be. Will gladly pay to ship it.

Good find, thank you. Despite Yamaha retail site having the part out of stock, my dealer reached out to his rep and was able to place an order.

My Yamaha dealer gave me some unfortunate news that the rack/fender kit are now back-ordered until September when he was originally told they'd be in stock this week. Is anyone using a different rack or have a recommendation for one? I can't wait until September to use my panniers.

6AA8733A-E448-4FFE-B252-02AE579A9EBE.jpeg

this is with SKS bluemels fenders and axiom streamliner rack. It’s a pretty good solution. I’m not crazy about the aesthetics of the SKS fenders but they do the job well.

Just curious did anyone wire it? I took my Urban Rush into a local ebike shop which carries Yamaha for a tuneup and to very much my surprise they had one yamaha rack and one set fenders so I had them installed. After I got home I saw the light on the yamaha rack did not work so I called them and they said yea they have to drop the motor and run wire though to make it work which is about 4 hours work. That seems hard core work just to make a light work.

Last edited:
Old Man Mountain has their Divide rack, that after using their Fit Kit for a Yamaha gravel bike, shows it will work. OMM uses the rear thru axle as part of the rack mount and uses a special made Robert Axle Project thru axle, along with the rack and fit kit that helps place the weight of your gear all on the rear thru axle, not a small 5mm bolt that attaches other manufacturers racks to bike frames. Expensive, yes. But a great investment for a really nice Yamaha ebike. Link: https://oldmanmountain.com/

Just curious did anyone wire it? I took my Urban Rush into a local ebike shop which carries Yamaha for a tuneup and to very much my surprise they had one yamaha rack and one set fenders so I had them installed. After I got home I saw the light on the yamaha fender did not work so I called them and they said yea they have to drop the motor and run wire though to make it work which is about 4 hours work. That seems hard core work just to make a light work.
They’re not lying. The wiring harness is right above the motor tucked into the down tube. It’s not 4 hours worth of work but it is intensive and you need the correct tools.

Old Man Mountain has their Divide rack, that after using their Fit Kit for a Yamaha gravel bike, shows it will work. OMM uses the rear thru axle as part of the rack mount and uses a special made Robert Axle Project thru axle, along with the rack and fit kit that helps place the weight of your gear all on the rear thru axle, not a small 5mm bolt that attaches other manufacturers racks to bike frames. Expensive, yes. But a great investment for a really nice Yamaha ebike. Link: https://oldmanmountain.com/
Nice rack!

(I haven’t said that since high school)

I have dropped the motor to install a speedbox. Guess I should try to find instructions on how to run wire to the rack in case I ever get time. I wonder if it is documented anywhere.

70lbs is good for a rack the Yamaha rack for contrast is only supposed to take 20 lbs.

I'm picking up a Wabash soon and was asking the dealer if I could have the rack and fender kit installed with it. The shop only picked up the brand in December and didn't order the rack kit, and now the Yamaha website has them out of stock. There are no other dealers within a few hundred miles. Was hoping there might be someone on these forums that might be a dealer or knows where some stock might be. Will gladly pay to ship it.
I have 2 new rear racks from crossconnect yamaha bikes if you are still looking -part # x1m-f4841-00 as per my parts catalog. [email protected]

Back