Looking for feedback on 2020 Como 4.0

I do. I really like it so far. Have over 300 miles on it. What do you want to know? I'm out of town right now, but I will try to answer your question as quickly as I can.

I have one on order, that I am going to pick up Fri. or Sat. - took it on a couple of test rides and really enjoyed it. Anything in particular that I should be asking the bike shop about when I pick it up? Have you had any issues at all? Really looking forward to getting this bike!

Congratulations! Just the usual accessories - a good bike lock, a rack if you want to carry stuff with you, etc. It is worth downloading the mission control app and learning how to use it. I linked the app to Strava, it was very easy, I believed it even asked me if I wanted to do it. The only problem I have had is just an annoyance, the bike seems to rumble at 27 mph. Nobody else seems to be mentioning this, so I must be alone in this. It's a great bike - have fun!

Nice bike!!!

I did a lot of research, rode one, and decided that it is the bike for us, so we have 2 on order.

Based on posts on the forum, I will be ordering the Bush and Muller 701 mirror instead of the more common and still good Mirrycle. The 701 offers a bigger, better view and swing-away and snap-back into position feature.

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/latest-mirror-advice.26749/

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/bike-mirror-recommendation.12937/

https://propelbikes.com/product/busch-muller-701-mirror-e-bikes/

In addition to lock and rack that Brookfield Boy mentioned, you may want to consider adding flashing strobe tail light because standard one on seatback will be blocked by clothing and/or bag on rack.

Please post pics and let us know how you like it!!

Does anyone have the 2020 Como 4.0? Looking for feedback on this model.

I recently purchased the Como 4.0 2020, "Step Through" version. LOVE! I did have to dial in the seat and handles bars, but all is good now. I do have two widgets of concern. #1. My speedometer appears to be gauging 2-3 miles faster than my actual speed. I am in process of contacting Specialize to see if there is some sort of reboot/recalibration for this issue. #2. I recently had my first flat tire in 5 years of riding bikes on my local streets. Unfornatley, when the Como 4.0 tire (mine was the back tire) the bike falls over. All is ok with bike, however, I just lifted this review from a Como 4.0 rider on the Specialized www: "however, the streets hadn't been swept and I was getting a flat from sharp stones almost every day. I eliminated the flats by installing thorn resistant tubes with a cut up tube wrapped around the tube for extra protection." Please note that preceding the flat tire issue it was a 5 star review with nothing but great things to say about the Como 4.0.

I have been riding various bikes for about 20 years and this bike is QUIET, smooth, comfortable and powerfully fast (if needed). This is truly an upgrade for me. I will post any updates regarding the speedometer on this thread. Ride on! :)

Here is link to full review on Como 4.0 2020. Scroll to bottom find review:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo-como-4-0-650b--low-entry/p/170298?color=264380-170298

Attachments

• IMG_9378.JPG
    IMG_9378.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 402
I recently purchased the Como 4.0 2020, "Step Through" version. LOVE! I did have to dial in the seat and handles bars, but all is good now. I do have two widgets of concern. #1. My speedometer appears to be gauging 2-3 miles faster than my actual speed. I am in process of contacting Specialize to see if there is some sort of reboot/recalibration for this issue. #2. I recently had my first flat tire in 5 years of riding bikes on my local streets. Unfornatley, when the Como 4.0 tire (mine was the back tire) the bike falls over. All is ok with bike, however, I just lifted this review from a Como 4.0 rider on the Specialized www: "however, the streets hadn't been swept and I was getting a flat from sharp stones almost every day. I eliminated the flats by installing thorn resistant tubes with a cut up tube wrapped around the tube for extra protection." Please note that preceding the flat tire issue it was a 5 star review with nothing but great things to say about the Como 4.0.

I have been riding various bikes for about 20 years and this bike is QUIET, smooth, comfortable and powerfully fast (if needed). This is truly an upgrade for me. I will post any updates regarding the speedometer on this thread. Ride on! :)

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo-como-4-0-650b--low-entry/p/170298?color=264380-170298

Sorry you encountered a flat. Nasty roads.
I'm in agreement how quiet and fast the Brose motors is. Feels like an rocket that's riding on a marshmallow.

***UPDATE***contacted Specialize regarding high speedometer reading. According to Specialize, there has been no rider reports of this, but the rep did mention that the “magnet” on rear disc brake gets road grim and “may” throw off speedometer. I wiped off magnet and see no difference in the over reading on speed. The rep also mentioned to double check with bike shop that the “latest firmware update” has been installed. Next stop is my local bike shop in a few weeks. I will update accordingly. Time to go ride a bike!

Back