Looking for a new ebike

toadsprocket

Region
USA
Hi, I used to own a 2011 Stromer St1/V1. It had a direct hub drive motor and a nice torque sensor I enjoyed riding but it was stolen a little while back. I'm looking for a new bike. looking for 28 mph capability.

Here are some bikes I'm looking at:
  • Surface 604 rook
  • Biktrix Swift step thru 2
  • Bixtrix Juggernaut HD Duo step thru (probably with the thinner tires)
  • Juiced Cross current X step thu
  • Juiced Cross Rip Current S step thru

I was about ready to buy ride1up lmtd but they got rid of the torque sensor.

Does anyone have an idea of how the ride of these bikes might feel compared to the older Stromer?
Does any body have these bikes and can comment on how they ride and the quality?

I've briefly ridden a yamaha mid drive motor on a momentum Pakyak and it seemed pretty good but the mid drive motor bikes are quite expensive. I'm interested in mid drive bikes but they are expensive except for ride1up prodigy but I'm not sure about buying without it coming out and hearing more about it.I also considered the priority current from costco but the reviews of the gearing made me shy away from it.

By the way, the Biktrix Juggernaut HD Duo with the mid drive comes with cadence sensor only? How would that feel on a mid drive? Would it feel anything like a torque sensor on a hub motor? Also, why do some bikes have cadence sensor and torque sensor? What would that do for the experience?

Thank you,
Brian

Hi, I used to own a 2011 Stromer St1/V1. It had a direct hub drive motor and a nice torque sensor I enjoyed riding but it was stolen a little while back. I'm looking for a new bike. looking for 28 mph capability.

Here are some bikes I'm looking at:
  • Surface 604 rook
  • Biktrix Swift step thru 2
  • Bixtrix Juggernaut HD Duo step thru (probably with the thinner tires)
  • Juiced Cross current X step thu
  • Juiced Cross Rip Current S step thru

I was about ready to buy ride1up lmtd but they got rid of the torque sensor.

Does anyone have an idea of how the ride of these bikes might feel compared to the older Stromer?
Does any body have these bikes and can comment on how they ride and the quality?

I've briefly ridden a yamaha mid drive motor on a momentum Pakyak and it seemed pretty good but the mid drive motor bikes are quite expensive. I'm interested in mid drive bikes but they are expensive except for ride1up prodigy but I'm not sure about buying without it coming out and hearing more about it.I also considered the priority current from costco but the reviews of the gearing made me shy away from it.

By the way, the Biktrix Juggernaut HD Duo with the mid drive comes with cadence sensor only? How would that feel on a mid drive? Would it feel anything like a torque sensor on a hub motor? Also, why do some bikes have cadence sensor and torque sensor? What would that do for the experience?

Thank you,
Brian
Hi Brian, please make a post here, lots of real owners here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1136802453086982

You may want to post in the general help section for the Qs on torque vs cadence sensor, etc. I don't own a Biktrix but have a positive impression of them overall from a handful of support tickets and their online documentation. Short version on cadence vs Tq IMO: looking for low physical effort, cadence is OK. Looking for more natural but 'powered' ride, ability to get more of a workout - torque sensor. Lots more to it and people will have different use cases and takes - post in general section IMO on that one.. :)

Not to sure what your budget is @toadsprocket. But if you're considering Biktrix, I'd go with their new Monte Capro. It looks sick and an improvement from the original.
Monte-Capro-Ultra-Fat-Blue_2000x.png20210625_133005.jpg
It is worth mentioning that I own the original and that bike is 4ish years old. Only one motor replacement but everything has held up decently. So the build quality should be the same (if not, better).
Hope you find your next bike dude 👊🏿

Back