looking for 2013 eflow nitro parts or ideas to fix

Scott Miller Bike 1

Region
USA
I have a eflow nitro that has a bad battery management system. I would like to either
1) Buy a BMS replacement for the bike
2) find a way to replace the minimum number of parts to get this to work

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Bike.JPG
    Bike.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 253
  • Battery&BMS.JPG
    Battery&BMS.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Controller.JPG
    Controller.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Motor.JPG
    Motor.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 268
What are the symptoms? Voltage at the battery terminals (both where the cells connect to the BMS and on the pack connector)?

When re-building mine, the bike would turn on and run with just straight voltage (no BMS attached), but the charge gauge showed empty.

The bike does not turn on. A neighbor gave it to me so I have nothing to lose if it doesn't work :).

The voltage on the batteries(black/red wires) without the BMS is ~40V. But there is no voltage through the BMS. Can you bypass the BMS and run straight voltage?

You can, though I’d advise only temporarily just to test the rest of the Bikes’s functions since the cells would be unprotected.

One last thing. There should be a connector with ~11 wires at the BMS. Can you (very carefully) check the voltage between each adjacent pin? What I mean is pin 1 to pin 2, pin 2 to pin 3, etc. This is the balancing connector that provides the BMS with each cell string’s voltage. All these voltages should be very close to each other, and at 40 volts for the pack, should all be near 4 volts.

Last edited:
You can, though I’d advise only temporarily just to test the rest of the Bikes’s functions since the cells would be unprotected.

One last thing. There should be a connector with ~11 wires at the BMS. Can you (very carefully) check the voltage between each adjacent pin? What I mean is pin 1 to pin 2, pin 2 to pin 3, etc. This is the balancing connector that provides the BMS with each cell string’s voltage. All these voltages should be very close to each other, and at 40 volts for the pack, should all be near 4 volts.
What I want to see with this test, is the BMS board actually defective, or is the pack out of balance and therefore won’t allow the bike to turn on. Both are good possibilities.

I finally got around to getting back to seeing if I can fix this eBike.

The total voltage from the battery is 32 volts.

voltage breakdown between pins:
1-2(black/brown)=3.1V
3-4(orange/yellow)=3.2V
5-6(green/blue)=3.2V
7-8(purple/gray)=3.2V
9-10(white/light brown)=3.2V
10-11(lightbrown/red)=3.2V

Thanks for your help,
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_5583.jpg
    IMG_5583.jpg