Locate an Uncommon Bottom Bracket Size

zack907

I have a Nakto e-bike mountain bike model and the bottom bracket axle is bent. I have been unable to find the specifications for the bottom bracket. I took it to multiple bike shops to have it replaced but they can't find a part of that same size available. The approximate measurements I was given were 80x155mm square taper. Does anyone know where I could find this? My bike is useless at this point.

Yes. I have called their number several times, left messages, emailed their customer support (returned as invalid), filled out their contact and warranty forms. No response from any of that :(

I have heard that making noise on social media gets companies to respond in an attempt at damage control. So beyond posting here, you might want to write a negative review on Amazon, and complain on their facebook page and other platforms.

Yes. I have called their number several times, left messages, emailed their customer support (returned as invalid), filled out their contact and warranty forms. No response from any of that :(
I would remove the bottom bracket, see video below. With BB in hand and something to measure it (digital caliper or good ruler with mm scale), call on the phone some of the bigger parts suppliers like Harris Cyclery. The give and take to find a part often doesn't work well with electronic communication. If you get a parts guy on the phone they can't procrastinate or ignore your very small purchase. Your need is a simple request, any knowledgeable parts supplier should be able to help. Keep in mind this is a bike part, not an ebike part. Good luck!

Keep in mind this is a bike part, not an ebike part.

I cannot seem to find it again, but when I was looking into this earlier, I saw a photo of the bottom bracket on a Natko bike. While the photo clearly showed a square taper axle, the bottom bracket shell appeared very wide; certainly wider than a normal 68mm or 73mm bottom bracket. He did take the bike to a shop and they said 80mm. If it is a bike part, it is like no other bike part I have ever seen.

EDIT: I forgot about fat bikes. Fat bike have wider than normal BB's, but they are generally 100mm.

Last edited:
I cannot seem to find it again, but when I was looking into this earlier, I saw a photo of the bottom bracket on a Natko bike. While the photo clearly showed a square taper axle, the bottom bracket shell appeared very wide; certainly wider than a normal 68mm or 73mm bottom bracket. He did take the bike to a shop and they said 80mm. If it is a bike part, it is like no other bike part I have ever seen.
Yes, I read that. That's why I suggest getting a parts guy on the phone. It's one thing for a mechanic not to have seen something, happens. It's entirely something else for a national parts seller not to know. Saves all the back and forth of electronic communication.

I have both print and online catalogs for JBI and QBP, the two biggest bicycle parts distributors around. Origins8 makes 100mm square tapers with either 137.5 or 164mm axles, but I do not see anyone offering an 80x155mm. There are 83mm bottom brackets as well, but not square taper. Hmm.

I have both print and online catalogs for JBI and QBP, the two biggest bicycle parts distributors around. Origins8 makes 100mm square tapers with either 137.5 or 164mm axles, but I do not see anyone offering an 80x155mm. There are 83mm bottom brackets as well, but not square taper. Hmm.
"Hmm" I haven't questioned any information you present. I do wonder why you think it's a mistake to measure again and call someone that supplies parts.

Measure twice, cut once.

If it's not a part easily found, seems the shop may have made a mistake measuring, or there may have been a transcription error. It does say in the original post: "The approximate measurements I was given". Hence my advice to measure again and have a deliberate conversation with an actual seller.

I called the Harris cycle place and they also haven't seen it. Yeah, I saw those, but there is no way that the measurements are that far off.

"Hmm" I haven't questioned any information you present. I do wonder why you think it's a mistake to measure again and call someone that supplies parts.

Measure twice, cut once.

If it's not a part easily found, seems the shop may have made a mistake measuring, or there may have been a transcription error. It does say in the original post: "The approximate measurements I was given". Hence my advice to measure again and have a deliberate conversation with an actual seller.
Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot this problem for me.

I took it to the first shop twice, the first time they took the axle out and the second they measured while inside the frame. The second place measured while in the frame. I said approximate because none used calipers and it is hard to see exactly down to the mm so I could see the length being off by a mm or two but definitely not 7 or 20.

Back