Light for Moscow plus

Silvercat

Hi,
I saw a post where 2 Fenix lights were mounted on the handlebar, beside the display screen on each side. Looked impressive but my concern is that it did not appear to leave enough space to mount a go pro or similar camera.
I purchased an Olight r n 1500 that is highly rated, 1500 lumens max. But, that light uses a Garmin type mount (twist light onto the base to secure). Although that light is small, the necessity of needing to have it in a horizontal position to mount the light to the bracket base, results in the light being placed about 6=inches from the handlebar stem...ie...too far from the centre. Maybe there are some extension curved brackets that would work, but I have yet to find any. It is too bad the design is not a basic slide onto a mount from back to front type. I would prefer to stay with one light, not 2, due to my camera mounting.
I believe the light output from the light is much superior than from the Fenix brand, or from any other cat eye model around the price of $110.00 Canadian.
Thank you!!
Appreciate any recommendations.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. My light has a beam cut off as well. And, can stay at 1500 lumens (highest setting) until battery charge dies. Sounds like I should keep my light and just find a bracket that will allow me to centre it on my handlebar.
Thanks again.

I have a light bar on my moscow & recently purchased this on ebay. I was pleased to see it
was an improved departure from the usual cheapo lights found there, $12.74. Can be charged USB
to my battery, 5 light modes & a horn if you connect up the button switch which is not really necessary.
detaches easily as a flash light with powerful beam. Only downside is mounting. The tiny screws &
nuts are real hassle especially with my big hands & are easy to loose if one is not very careful.
It plugs in at the back by the green portion which I had to pare down slightly to insert properly.
Do read the instructions to avoid confusion.
View attachment 77218View attachment 77218View attachment 77218
s-l500 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I have a light bar on my moscow & recently purchased this on ebay. I was pleased to see it
was an improved departure from the usual cheapo lights found there, $12.74. Can be charged USB
to my battery, 5 light modes & a horn if you connect up the button switch which is not really necessary.
detaches easily as a flash light with powerful beam. Only downside is mounting. The tiny screws &
nuts are real hassle especially with my big hands & are easy to loose if one is not very careful.
It plugs in at the back by the green portion which I had to pare down slightly to insert properly.
Do read the instructions to avoid confusion.
View attachment 77218View attachment 77218View attachment 77218View attachment 77220
Hi John Peck,
Thanks for your feedback. Your light/horn combo looks impressive. You mentioned you have a light bar?
Curious about that. With our Moscow Plus, the centre display makes it difficult, if not impossible, to centre a light. I am trying to find a decent handlebar extension...I believe that is what your light bar is?
I have a go pro mounted in a super suit on one side, leaving little room for another more powerful light.
I am trying to find a handlebar extension that has a minimum of a 4 inch clearance from that extension bar to my centre display, in order to allow me to centre the additional light as well as mount that light on its Garmin type mount. It requires a twist motion that results in my needing at least 4 inches from my Moscow centre display. The Olight r n 1500:

Olight® RN 1500 Bike Light Headlight 1500 Lumens Super Bright Bicycle Front Light LED 5 Modes USB-C Rechargeable with Power Bank Function IPX7​

is costly at $108.00 Canadian, but seems very good.
I would appreciate info on your light bar you have. There are a huge number available on Amazon.
Thank you!!
PS. Curious re the mileage you get from a fully charged battery. I know there are many variables at play, such as weight of rider, terrain, wind, etc. Also, the max speed you have hit...going downhill without any PAS of course. I have hit 63.4 kph or 39.39 mph, but will likely not do that again due to safety concerns.
I know my approximate 220 pounds leads to greater speed. I might add that at times my 29 inch feels too big. I am 6’3 so I assumed the 29 was the way to go.

Hi John Peck,
Thanks for your feedback. Your light/horn combo looks impressive. You mentioned you have a light bar?
Curious about that. With our Moscow Plus, the centre display makes it difficult, if not impossible, to centre a light. I am trying to find a decent handlebar extension...I believe that is what your light bar is?
I have a go pro mounted in a super suit on one side, leaving little room for another more powerful light.
I am trying to find a handlebar extension that has a minimum of a 4 inch clearance from that extension bar to my centre display, in order to allow me to centre the additional light as well as mount that light on its Garmin type mount. It requires a twist motion that results in my needing at least 4 inches from my Moscow centre display. The Olight r n 1500:

Olight® RN 1500 Bike Light Headlight 1500 Lumens Super Bright Bicycle Front Light LED 5 Modes USB-C Rechargeable with Power Bank Function IPX7​

is costly at $108.00 Canadian, but seems very good.
I would appreciate info on your light bar you have. There are a huge number available on Amazon.
Thank you!!
PS. Curious re the mileage you get from a fully charged battery. I know there are many variables at play,
Light bar is simply a 9¨ tube that clamps on the handlebars extends out a cpl inches as a place to mount accessories. lights, display, etc. also cheap on ebay. $108? Why pay that for sumpin´ as likely to be
broken os stolen as this $12 light. I´ve had & still have lotsa cheap bike lights. This is supposed to be
2000 lumen. As tested it is very bright. even has a high & low function with L & R beams. AS for
mileage on my 13Ah battery, around 30 mi. +5-. I´m a big guy, lotta terrain here & stop & go.

Light bar is simply a 9¨ tube that clamps on the handlebars extends out a cpl inches as a place to mount accessories. lights, display, etc. also cheap on ebay. $108? Why pay that for sumpin´ as likely to be
broken os stolen as this $12 light. I´ve had & still have lotsa cheap bike lights. This is supposed to be
2000 lumen. As tested it is very bright. even has a high & low function with L & R beams. AS for
mileage on my 13Ah battery, around 30 mi. +5-. I´m a big guy, lotta terrain here & stop & go.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Received light as a gift. I am lucky I always keep an eye on my bike. Too many criminals around who would likely take the whole bike if they had a chance. I also keep bike secured in garage. My Moscow Plus came with a 16 amp battery. I expect to get around 70 to 80 km (43 to 50 miles) in mixed riding on a fully charged battery.
Your $12.00 light sounds like an amazing deal! I will recommend to a buddy of mine who rides a Volt Yukon Ltd. fat tire ebike.
Thanks!

hi there, i've a Volt Yukon and would love a link for that $12 light ... anyone have it?
It´s in ebay/ cycling,search USB rechargeable headlight should get you there.
P.S. looked up the Yukon, it appears to be nearly Identical to the NCM Aspen
with a few different components, basically a moscow fat bike . How do you like it
so far?.

Last edited:
Back