Level 2

Taylor57

Finally got to ride the Level 2 a little bit. I do like the torque sensor. I have been used to the Espin Sport and the cadence sensor and had gotten used to it. But I think I may like this torque thing. Pretty sure my Frey CC was also a torque sensor. I like that the Level 2 feels lighter than my Sport. I bought the small step thru and my groin area has been thanking me too. I didnt realize it has brake lights that work when I apply the brakes! Another bonus. I just ordered a Topeak quick rack so I can use my Topeak bag on my Level. The Level seems a little louder than the Sport as do the brakes. Maybe a little break in period is needed. I think I only have 5 or 10 miles on the Level...

I'm actually split on the torque sensor on the Soltera.2.

I understand the concept but I don't think it saves battery life as Aventon is claiming.

I've been doing some testing with and the old cadence sensor Soltera (so basically the same bike) and the OG one saves on battery more (this is with my wife who rode the same route with both... although she barely fit on the Soltera.2).

And if you're used to a cadence sensor, the power to speed expectation is different. For example, if you are pedaling the same "cadence", going up a PAS level on a cadence sensor will usually increate your speed... going up a PAS level with the torque sensor, if you are pedaling the same cadence, doesn't necessarily mean you will go faster or get more power unless you are "pushing" harder at that cadence. Not sure if that makes sense but that's sort of what I've noticed after riding about 50+ miles on the Soltera.2 vs my Espin Sport. And that makes sense... the torque system requires more "force" to get more power... so to actually go faster you have to pedal "harder" which feels more natural but uses more effort. So I get a better workout with the torque sensor but I don't get the same speed (especially uphill) with it.

After about 3 days of testing similar routes with the Soltera.2, I took my Espin out today to compare and it definitely is a different experience.

The Level 2 with less than 2 miles on the odometer got a few upgrades today. Suntour NSX suspension seatpost, Mirrcycle, Bottle Cage and Topeak Omni Quick track adapter. Now it's ready to tour the village...

Attachments

• Level upgrades 2.jpg
    Level upgrades 2.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Level upgrades.jpg
    Level upgrades.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 144
Finally got to ride the Level 2 a little bit. I do like the torque sensor. I have been used to the Espin Sport and the cadence sensor and had gotten used to it. But I think I may like this torque thing. Pretty sure my Frey CC was also a torque sensor. I like that the Level 2 feels lighter than my Sport. I bought the small step thru and my groin area has been thanking me too. I didnt realize it has brake lights that work when I apply the brakes! Another bonus. I just ordered a Topeak quick rack so I can use my Topeak bag on my Level. The Level seems a little louder than the Sport as do the brakes. Maybe a little break in period is needed. I think I only have 5 or 10 miles on the Level...
The Level is light and nimble, handles like a sports car.

Very close. I got the small Level and it feels a bit lighter. Listed at 53 lbs. Sport is 55 I believe. Night and day difference with the Cadence vs the Torque sensor. Much less ghost pedaling with the Level.

Weird... I thought the Levels were 60+ and it was the Paces that were 50+.

For casual riding, I prefer the cadence... maybe with bigger motors, torque is better.

Weird... I thought the Levels were 60+ and it was the Paces that were 50+.

For casual riding, I prefer the cadence... maybe with bigger motors, torque is better.
I think I figured the weight discrepancy. On the Aventon website, they list the Level 2 at 53 lbs. That is without the battery. So it is probably a 63 lb bike!

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS​

MOTOR
750W (Peak) 500W (Sustained) Brushless Rear Hub Motor
THROTTLE
Throttle on demand - Throttle from a complete stop
DISPLAY
LCD Smart Easy Read Display with Backlight, Colorful screen with app
SPEED
Up to 28 MPH on Pedal Assist and 20 MPH on Throttle
BATTERY
Removable Internal Lithium-ion 48V, 14Ah (672Wh)
SENSORS
Torque Sensor
PEDAL ASSIST
5 Levels
CHARGER
48V 3 Amp Fast Charger, 4-5 Hour Charging
RANGE
Up To 60 Miles*
FRAME
6061 Double-Butted Aluminum Alloy with Internal Battery
WEIGHT
53lbs
PEDALS
9/16" Alloy Platform
FORK
Coil Spring Suspension, Thru-axle, 65mm travel with lockout
WEIGHT LIMIT
Maximum Payload Capacity: 300 lbs
KICKSTAND
Included, Rear Mount
BOTTOM BRACKET
Square Taper, Sealed, Torque Sensor
CRANKSET
170mm w/ 46 T
REAR DERAILLEUR
8 Speed
CASSETTE
12-32T, 8 Speed Cassette
SHIFT LEVER
8 Speed
BRAKES
Hydraulic Disc Brakes, 180mm Rotors
CHAIN
122 Link, 8 Speed
RIM
Double Wall Aluminum 36h Front & Rear
SPOKES
Black Stainless 13G Front / 12G Rear
TUBES
Butyl Rubber, Schrader Valve
HUBS
36H Disc Thru-axle Front, Nutted Rear
TIRES
27.5” x 2.1” Hybrid Tires, Reflective Sidewalls
SADDLE
Aventon by Velok
SEATPOST
Aluminum Alloy, 27.2mm, 2-Bolt Clamp
STEM
Threadless, 31.8mm, 7 Degree Rise
SEAT CLAMP
31.8 mm Quick Release
HANDLEBARS
Aluminum 31.8mm, 680mm
HEADSET
Sealed Bearing Headset
GRIPS
Ergonomic Comfort

The Level.2 comes out of the box as a Class II ebike, with pedal assist and throttle going up to 20 MPH . It can be unlocked to a Class III ebike and can go up to 28 MPH on pedal assist. The Level.2 will also operate with the throttle unplugged and removed, should you want to ride in an area where throttles are prohibited.
Aventon ebikes are built to the IPX4 water-resistant standard. IPX4 means that your bike is resistant to water splashes from any direction. This means it’s OK to ride your ebike in light rain. It won’t be harmed by spray from a wet road or raindrops. Your ebike is not intended to be exposed to prolonged rain or submerged or subjected to a pressurized spray. Don’t use a pressure washer or sprayer to clean your ebike.
*Using PAS 1 throughout flat terrain with a rider weight of 160 lb.

RELATED PRODUCTS​

Previous
SALE
Aventon | Level 2 | Clay

Aventon

Aventon: Level.2 28mph Sale

$1,799.00
$1,699.00
CHOOSE OPTIONS
SALE
Aventon Electric | Level

Aventon

Aventon: Level.1 28mph SALE

$1,799.00
$1,499.00
CHOOSE OPTIONS
SALE
 Aventon Electric | Aventure.2 | Electric Fat Bike | Blue

Aventon

Aventon: Aventure.2 Step Thru 28mph Sale

$1,999.00
$1,799.00
CHOOSE OPTIONS
SALE
 Aventon Electric | Aventure.2 | Electric Fat Bike | Slate

Aventon

Aventon: Aventure.2 28mph Sale

$1,999.00
$1,799.00
CHOOSE OPTIONS
SALE
Aventon Electric | Aventure | Electric Fat Bike | Camo Green

Aventon

Aventon: Aventure.1 SALE 28mph

$1,999.00
$1,499.00
CHOOSE OPTIONS
Next

CUSTOMERS ALSO VIEWED​

Previous
SALE
Aventon | Level 2 | Clay

Aventon

Aventon: Level.2 28mph Sale

$1,799.00
$1,699.00
CHOOSE OPTIONS
SALE
https://electricbikeattack.com/aventon-aventure-2-step-thru-28mph-sale/
https://electricbikeattack.com/aventon-aventure-2-step-thru-28mph-sale/
I think I saw it here. Your screen shot is from Aventon. I am going to weigh mine tomorrow!
https://electricbikeattack.com/aventon-level-1-25-mph-sale/
https://electricbikeattack.com/aventon-aventure-2-28mph-sale/
https://electricbikeattack.com/aventon-pace-500-3-st-28mph-sale/

https://electricbikeattack.com/aventon-pace-500-2-28mph-sale/
https://electricbikeattack.com/aventon-aventure-1-sale-25mph/
https://electricbikeattack.com/virtue-electric-schoolbus-cargo-bike/
https://electricbikeattack.com/urtopia-carbon-1-s-sale/

I tend to think the bike is closer to 62 than 52. Especially when I have my Topeak bag with Ulock and water bottle, tools etc. and then it is probably closer to 70. My CC was really heavy...

Help! How do I remove the protective cover/cap to access the screw under this little dome on Level 2? I think I did it with Sport but I don't remember. Pry it off with small screwdriver? My goal is to tighten the screw underneath as I feel wobble...

Attachments

• Tube cap.jpeg
    Tube cap.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 70
Help! How do I remove the protective cover/cap to access the screw under this little dome on Level 2? I think I did it with Sport but I don't remember. Pry it off with small screwdriver? My goal is to tighten the screw underneath as I feel wobble...
Ok, figured it out. There is a small black rubber dome that came right off with a little help from my tiny screwdriver..

I will say this now after riding the Level 2 for a few weeks. Mainly to the gym and back and running errands. 99% bike paths and bike lanes of side streets. The Level 2 with the torque sensor is more of a bike riding experience and actually forces me to pedal and get exercise. My ESPIN Sport, a cadence sensor is great but I feel I am ghost pedaling quite a bit. My Espin Sport is a smoother ride with a better suspension and much better brakes. The Level 2's brakes are really loud (even after bedding) and any time I hit a bump with the Level, it can be noisy. Overall, I do like the torque sensor on the Level and give it a small nod over Sport-and the step thru makes it the winner.

Back