Let's shape the future of e-mobility innovations together

Angelnina

Region
Other
Hi there! I'm thrilled to join your e-bike community.

As an avid e-bike enthusiast from a startup, we've identified a few challenges that eBike companies often encounter. Our goal is to support and strengthen the industry, and that's where we could really use your expertise as e-bike professionals, especially if you have experience working at or with e-bike companies.

We have some questions and would greatly appreciate your insights about the industry. By gathering your valuable input, we aim to develop a product that genuinely assists e-bike companies in their pursuit of innovation and the creation of groundbreaking models.

If you are ready to help to shape the future of e-mobility innovations, write a comment or a direct message, and become a part of our big journey.

Just to be clear, I want to emphasize that I'M NOT ATTEMPTING TO SELL ANYTHING. I simply value your opinion and seek your input.

I would like bike frames & forks that do not tend to snap the front wheel sideways on bumps & obstructions and throw me on my chin. I realize the police departments that review bikes for patrol use highly value "fast steering". Mountain bike racers also highly value "fast steering". Hence favorable magazine reviews before the change to fast steering was made. I don't have the upper body strength to be a policeman and if I exercised enough to build that strength I would tear my tendons or wear out my shoulders & elbows. My knees are already ruined by US Army running training. I rode MTB's on road, for the straight neck posture & 15-21 speeds to get me up the hills of my county. 2008-2017 A 26" diamondback MTB threw me on my chin twice, a Pacific Quantum 26" MTB threw me on my chin twice, a Huffy Savannah 26" cruiser threw me on my chin once. With the same wheels tires & posture, my Mother's `1947 Firestone safety bike, was stable as a rock. The difference is a longer frame (which costs money) to clear the wheel of a front fork with more trail (caster). I checked 220 26" frames for trail on a database in 2017. All were exactly the same; some had "relaxed" headstock angle, but no more trail. I checked a couple of custom frame builders in 2017. Neither was interested in building a frame with anything but "standard" fork & trail. 26" wheel bikes that did not have the problem, my 1961 Joske's Fleetwood cruiser, my 1966 AMF Hercules "english racer". Both stolen.
As it is I cannot travel by public transit and rent a bike at destination, as all bikes have the same inadequate trail. I'm doing okay on a stretch frame cargo bike with my weight 75% on the front tire, but no rental agency has stocked one of those. 2017-2023, ~10000 miles on a yuba bodaboda stretch cargo bike, no falls. No 90 degree wheel snaps. Bodaboda weighs about 82 pounds with electricity, which limits the attractiveness to the average customer that wants to take his bike for a ride on a car rack.

Last edited:
I would like a mid drive bike similar to the Momentum La Free, with an integrated battery and a throttle. Riding on stroads with traffic is dangerous without said throttle. It's still dangerous, but less so with the ability to start out a bit faster.

It would have to have pedals and be battery powered, or it wouldn't count as an real E-Jet.
And no throttles allowed outside of Canada and the United States.
A throttle less jet is like the rocket Willey Coyote used. Light the fuse and hang on. Peddling is optional, although he usually did.
For a moment.

I would like a throttle that functions the same way as a throttle on a car or motorcycle.
The more throttle you apply, the more power you get.
No twitchy simulated AI power delivery, and no time delay or decay.

I don't see why PAS mode speeds have to be limited to 5 or 9 or whatever.

You should be able to adjust your PAS mode speeds with 1 mph increments.
Just like cruise control on a car.

PAS mode 1 is usually set at around 25 kph. That's too fast for your first choice of a set speed.

Welcome aboard! Depending on the specific questions you have, happy to help.
Thank you, Since we want to make innovation processes more efficient for eBike companies, we want to understand how eBike companies do their research before launching new innovative models, what challenges they face, how they solve them, questions are mainly about that

I would like bike frames & forks that do not tend to snap the front wheel sideways on bumps & obstructions and throw me on my chin. I realize the police departments that review bikes for patrol use highly value "fast steering". Mountain bike racers also highly value "fast steering". Hence favorable magazine reviews before the change to fast steering was made. I don't have the upper body strength to be a policeman and if I exercised enough to build that strength I would tear my tendons or wear out my shoulders & elbows. My knees are already ruined by US Army running training. I rode MTB's on road, for the straight neck posture & 15-21 speeds to get me up the hills of my county. 2008-2017 A 26" diamondback MTB threw me on my chin twice, a Pacific Quantum 26" MTB threw me on my chin twice, a Huffy Savannah 26" cruiser threw me on my chin once. With the same wheels tires & posture, my Mother's `1947 Firestone safety bike, was stable as a rock. The difference is a longer frame (which costs money) to clear the wheel of a front fork with more trail (caster). I checked 220 26" frames for trail on a database in 2017. All were exactly the same; some had "relaxed" headstock angle, but no more trail. I checked a couple of custom frame builders in 2017. Neither was interested in building a frame with anything but "standard" fork & trail. 26" wheel bikes that did not have the problem, my 1961 Joske's Fleetwood cruiser, my 1966 AMF Hercules "english racer". Both stolen.
As it is I cannot travel by public transit and rent a bike at destination, as all bikes have the same inadequate trail. I'm doing okay on a stretch frame cargo bike with my weight 75% on the front tire, but no rental agency has stocked one of those. 2017-2023, ~10000 miles on a yuba bodaboda stretch cargo bike, no falls. No 90 degree wheel snaps. Bodaboda weighs about 82 pounds with electricity, which limits the attractiveness to the average customer that wants to take his bike for a ride on a car rack.
Thank you for a detailed description of the problem. I'd forward it to our community manager to see what we can do for this matter.

I would like a mid drive bike similar to the Momentum La Free, with an integrated battery and a throttle. Riding on stroads with traffic is dangerous without said throttle. It's still dangerous, but less so with the ability to start out a bit faster.
Great insights, thank you. Can you please mention what country are you talking about?

Seriously, we have no idea what the O.P. is wondering about. Maybe her startup makes bikes, maybe helmets, maybe just surveys .
Thank you for the feedback, I wasn't that clear on my post, my mistake

Our startup is a platform that helps companies to test and validate their models based on feedback from enthusiasts like you in the prototype stage.

Our main goal is to help companies build e-bikes that people need and will truly love, and to make improvements that ebike drivers need before starting manufacturing.
You can have a look at it here: https://prelaunch.com/categories/micromobility

My post was more about gaining feedback from e-bike companies, who can share how they actually manage their pre-launch processes, how they do their research, and how they choose ideas to launch.

Great bike. Here's ours, standing at the office. We've validated it recently. Are you familiar with Fuell?
IMG_5183.jpg

How about heated seats, and handgrips and pedals?
Let’s get serious about all season riding!

Last edited:
Good morning,
As I mentioned in my introduction I am completely new to eBikes, so far my total mileage is about 500 Km. However there is a steep 200 Mtr. Hill I climb up every evening which gives me a decent workout but coming downhill I am starting to wear out my disk Brakes therefore I wish this downhill energy could be feed back into my 2 Batteries while at the same time saving the Brake pads. Any Ideas anyone ? UC

Back