Let's see your best pic of your electric bicycle

I did a little digging. You're right, the Arizona laws are quite favorable for ebikes. It looks like the trail @mrgold35 was on is US forest land though, and from everything I've seen posted over at the mtbr ebike sub forum the US forest service doesn't allow electric bikes on its trails.

I think the laws haven't caught up to the technology when it comes to Class I/II ebikes. My 4" fat tire bike does far less damage to the trails compared to the thinner MTB tires that dig ruts and create more dust when riding. MTB bikes can reach higher mph downhill than my 7 geared Radrover. The only advantage my $1500 ebike has over a $7000 MTB is this +50 year old overweight soon to be AARP member can pass them up on an incline.

I think the laws haven't caught up to the technology when it comes to Class I/II ebikes. My 4" fat tire bike does far less damage to the trails compared to the thinner MTB tires that dig ruts and create more dust when riding. MTB bikes can reach higher mph downhill than my 7 geared Radrover. The only advantage my $1500 ebike has over a $7000 MTB is this +50 year old overweight soon to be AARP member can pass them up on an incline.

Don't get me wrong I'm 100% on your side of the argument, but the other rider was technically right in this case. Seems like anywhere state or local in az has to specifically state ebikes aren't allowed, otherwise they are just a bike, similar to Minnesota law here. The exception to that is federal land, where in the case of the US forest service at least ebikes are banned unless the specific area says they are allowed.

Two sizes of KHS Smoothies. 2015 before they dumbed down the running gear and lowered the price. Missing are Trek Pure, KHS Step Through, 1973 Schwinn step through, 2016 Bikesdirect FB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 4.37.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 4.37.49 PM.png
    918.9 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
These are cascadia 27.5 60mm aluminum fenders. I repositioned the upper mount of the front fender so the splash guard can move downward closer to the ground and then added a plastic front extension.
http://www.bikeman.com/FE7073.html

I posted my full fender project here.
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/full-cover-fenders.9029/#post-79955

Thanks, those are the ones I was looking at I have the planet plastic ones now, and was looking for better coverage with there full ones.
Helps a lot to see what they look like on a bike.

Thanks, those are the ones I was looking at I have the planet plastic ones now, and was looking for better coverage with there full ones.
Helps a lot to see what they look like on a bike.
I used to ride a bike as my transportation to school in high school and I know that the only way to prevent splash and dirt thrown from the tires is using full wrap around fenders. This time, I had to modify a little bit to cover the low lying BBSHD motor.

Thank you SCbiker.

The photos were taken on private woodland that I have riding access to, on the edge of Ashdown Forest, here in the UK.

Back