Let's Organize a Centennial Trail Ride in Western Washington

Alaskan

Is anyone interested in gathering for an EBR ebike ride on the Centennial Trail in Western Washington state. The trail is 28 miles of 12 foot wide, paved over railroad right of way through rural Washington. The Southern end is in Snohomish just 30 miles northwest of Seattle. It ends at the north Snohomish County line, 10 miles north of Arlington.

It would be nice if we could find enough people with racks so that we could leave cars at one end and start at the other.

It might be logistical tetris but it could work. Let's give it a try.

If you are interested leave a comment here and send me a private message on the forum .I will see if we can organize a date and time that works for the most people.

This sounds like great fun and isn't too far from me, but I've yet to invest in a RACK. I'll put this on my list for the future! :)

....The trail is 28 miles of 12 foot wide, paved over railroad right of way through rural Washington.... leave cars at one end and start at the other....

With ebikes, a round-trip on that bicycle highway should be manageable for most riders. Using power assist conservatively, mostly on inclines, would extend battery range.

Is anyone interested in gathering for an EBR ebike ride on the Centennial Trail in Western Washington state. The trail is 28 miles of 12 foot wide, paved over railroad right of way through rural Washington. The Southern end is in Snohomish just 30 miles northwest of Seattle. It ends at the north Snohomish County line, 10 miles north of Arlington.

It would be nice if we could find enough people with racks so that we could leave cars at one end and start at the other.

It might be logistical tetris but it could work. Let's give it a try.

If you are interested leave a comment here and send me a private message on the forum .I will see if we can organize a date and time that works for the most people.

Sounds like a terriffic idea, Alaska. My van has a dbl/quad locking rack which with the extension can handle 4 bikes If they're not
too heavy. Even so, I have nylon straps which add plenty of extra support & stablity. The sliding wheel cups are for
regular wheels, but cups for a fatbike would also fit. I also have a 3 bike rack that can take a fat, maybe 2 with strap support.
Anyone interested in some supported touring?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 494
With ebikes, a round-trip on that bicycle highway should be manageable for most riders. Using power assist conservatively, mostly on inclines, would extend battery range.

Slomo, good point. I've learned not pedaling when I can coast, while slower, extends range considerable.

I live in Ballard and would love to do that ride. I have an ebike-capable hitch-mounted rack that carries two bikes.

I now have a rack! We're going to try the rack on Saturday--thinking of heading to the Green River Trail. The Centennial Trail is on my list of trails to ride, so, please keep me in the loop!

Back