Lectric XP

Any suggestions on a phone holder that will fit on the limited flat spot on our curved XP bars? I did use the search function for this forum and did not find much. It looks like we have about 1.25" for the clamp but most the mounts I read about do not say how wide the clamps are. I have a older Samsung S3 which is 2.75"x 5.375" so one of the smaller mounts should work fine.

tnx
George
I found this one to be the best, can see it real easy, and water proof. I had one on the handle bar, took up too much space, and the one I got has the pouches on the side for all my tools (tire patches, CO2 tire filler, and all my wrenches and allen/screw drivers). https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_4,searchweb201603_53

This is what I use. Works great. Leaves space on handlebar open for other things.

Attachments

• Phone .PNG
    Phone .PNG
    410.1 KB · Views: 785
What has everyone done for their tires/tubes and flat protection?

Inserts?
Different tubes?
Sealant?

I was thinking I'd start with just adding some sealant to the stock tubes and see how that works. Does anyone know if the stock tubes come with removable valve cores?

Inserts?
Different tubes?
Sealant?

I was thinking I'd start with just adding some sealant to the stock tubes and see how that works. Does anyone know if the stock tubes come with removable valve cores?
Yeah they do.
And I put some in my front tire.
But, at the bike shop yesterday I asked about it, and they didn't recommend it. I neglected to ask why.
I'm sure this will be controversial, because I know some other people here have done it.

I'm going to hold off on my other tire and only use it if necessary, until I learn more.

Inserts?
Different tubes?
Sealant?

I just put Kenda Kraze from Rad Power Bikes on, there where a few things worth noting, first the Kenda tires are much thicker than the stock tires, second the tape protecting the tires from being punctured by the spoke screws was not put on good (just on the back tire, front was acceptable), so I used some gaffer tape to give me extra protection. I did not use any extra protection (slime), but if I were, it would be Mr. Tuffy tire liner, but the stuff is so expensive that I passed this time around.

Upper west & upper east. I travel 4am then at 2-3 pm no traffic, like I said I do not use the breaks heavy, I drive it like a motorcycle or car, was never a heavy break user. I like to coast to a stop.

I took a look at your video, and cannot explain the low mileage you are getting on a full battery charge, I myself am about 280 lbs and during last fall when I was riding a lot, I could easily go down my flat bike path and back for a total of 10 miles and my battery would still be close to a full charge, could probably easily make it to 15-20 miles if I wanted, and I use PAS 4-5 mostly the entire time.

As far as your brake pads go though, they really do not look THAT worn down to me, there is a lot of material left on those pads from what I can see, and if you compare them to the pads when new, they appear maybe less than half worn down? Could be that the bike shop recommended you replace when replacing was not needed to make some extra money off of you? Did the just recommend they be replaced and you did it, or were you experiencing any lack or braking power or noise from the brakes and that is why you got them replaced?

I go so f'n fast on this bike, and I live where there are TONS of stop signs so I am constantly heating these brakes up really good, especially at my weight. I think the bike had about 250 miles on the ODO when I put it away for the winter, and my brakes still grab perfect and are good to go. I did center the caliper on the rotors though on my own as they were dragging a little when I got the bike.

Hi old biker, I found the same instance's when I installed Rad Kenda tires. I have found the tires to be much smoother and quiet than stock.

Hi old biker, I found the same instance's when I installed Rad Kenda tires. I have found the tires to be much smoother and quiet than stock.
Yeah, really looking forward to the smoother quieter ride indeed, just so hard having to wait for all this snow and ice to go away to try them out☹️

I just received my black Lectric XP with the "free" suspension seat post for $929. I have not ridden it yet but have a few things to report about the order and shipping process. First off, my bike was very well padded and protected in the shipping box. I live in a rural area in the Colorado mountains so our FedEx guy drives a Ford F250 4x4 over a lot of dirt roads. Despite all that, once I cut the 326 zip-ties used to secure the padding, the bike looked great and everything seems to work as built. I was impressed by the fit and finish of what most think of as a low-end Chinese made ebike. Time will tell how it holds up but it seems off to a good start.

While waiting for the bike after I placed the online order, I noticed on the website that the suspension seat post is said to have a 220# weight limit. I am 6'2" and weigh 260# so I was worried that I would bottom out the suspension post. I wrote a note to Lectric and Christian immediately replied that they would send out one of the regular seat posts so I could try (and keep) both and use the one I liked best. That's top-notch customer service.

The weather here has been great lately but there is still snow and ice on my drive and local roads so I am looking forward to going into Fort Collins tomorrow for the first ride. I don't have the persistence for long ownership reports or videos but I sincerely appreciate those who do. I'll add my experiences when I can.

Which version of the cloud 9 did you get? I'm debating between tge "normal" one:

and the one with the hole in the middle:

I have older "no hole" version of this seat on my Trek 5900 mountain/trail bike and can report it was a huge improvement over the original seat. I have not used the ventilated version but that one is what I would buy if I were shopping today. The Cloud 9 seat seems to be a quality product.

...ned.

And, I just moved that seat to my XP. :cool:

Last edited:
Yeah, really looking forward to the smoother quieter ride indeed, just so hard having to wait for all this snow and ice to go away to try them out☹
I understand I'm in NE Indiana and just happened to get a ride on one of those 50 degree days. 😁

I have older "no hole" version of this seat on my Trek 5900 mountain/trail bike and can report it was a huge improvement over the original seat. I have not used the ventilated version but that one is what I would buy if I were shopping today. The Cloud 9 seat seems to be a quality product.

...ned.
Cool. I ended up going with the hole version. I haven't done any long rides yet, but it does feel significantly more comfortable than the stock seat. I can't compare against the "no hole" version...but I imagine they are probably fairly similar. Will mostly just come down to if you want a little extra venting or not...

I also got a Suntour NCX seat post shock. It works great! The Cloud-9 in combination with the NCX seatpost makes for an awesome ride!! Almost feels like I'm floating when going over bumps.

I have another cool upgrade coming soon that some of you might be interested in ;) Stay tuned...

I took a look at your video, and cannot explain the low mileage you are getting on a full battery charge, I myself am about 280 lbs and during last fall when I was riding a lot, I could easily go down my flat bike path and back for a total of 10 miles and my battery would still be close to a full charge, could probably easily make it to 15-20 miles if I wanted, and I use PAS 4-5 mostly the entire time.

As far as your brake pads go though, they really do not look THAT worn down to me, there is a lot of material left on those pads from what I can see, and if you compare them to the pads when new, they appear maybe less than half worn down? Could be that the bike shop recommended you replace when replacing was not needed to make some extra money off of you? Did the just recommend they be replaced and you did it, or were you experiencing any lack or braking power or noise from the brakes and that is why you got them replaced?

I go so f'n fast on this bike, and I live where there are TONS of stop signs so I am constantly heating these brakes up really good, especially at my weight. I think the bike had about 250 miles on the ODO when I put it away for the winter, and my brakes still grab perfect and are good to go. I did center the caliper on the rotors though on my own as they were dragging a little when I got the bike.
I appreciate your input. The bike shop does not want to make money off of me since they also did work for me free of charge, for example fix and adjust gearing, adjust breaks whenever I bring it in, and added slime to my tires all free no labor charge. Maybe they thought I just needed new pads.

I’ve had my Lectric XP for about 5 weeks and have ridden a good bit, about 430 miles. I wanted to offer up a few thoughts.

I’m riding 15 to 23 miles a ride, almost everyday that isn’t raining. I’ve had it out on the nice 50 degree days and out on the 20 degree days. Some wet roads, a little mud, a little snow.

Overall it’s a joy to ride. I expect I’ll continue with everyday rides for months to come. I work from home so these rides are for fun and exercise or to attend a meeting in town 8 miles away. At some point I’ll be doing all my grocery shopping with the XP too. I’ve outfitted it with collapsible WALD rear baskets which have already come in handy for lugging things around.

In terms of range, it’s been consistent at about 21 miles per charging cycle with 3 to 4 bars left over. But as we know, the top 50% of battery capacity is not equal to the bottom 50%. The battery lasts longer and has more power at the top 50%. The bars deplete more quickly and there’s less available power once I dip below the half-way mark. I think I could get 25 miles out of it, possibly 30.

Ride conditions... I pedal fairly hard, 99% of the time. So this is not throttle. My initial 2 weeks were PAS 2, the last 3 weeks have been more PAS 3. I weigh in at 175 but have added 10 - 12 lbs of stuff to the bike: baskets, back rack pack, a heavy-duty chain lock, Thudbuster seatpost, tool kit, full water bottle. 85% paved road, 15% gravel, tires generally at 23 to 30psi. Some hilly terrain, about 930ft elevation gain, same elevation loss for my usual route. A good bit of wind for some of my rides.

The fenders take care of about 95% of the water and slop but I do get a bit of spray from both tires. My back rack bag has gotten a bit yucked up but nothing too terrible. No way I’d go without fenders. The bike has done great on the few patches of snow I’ve encountered. Nothing to deep or extensive, I’m looking forward to the time I can take it out on a few inches to see how it handles. It handles fairly well on our gravel road which ranges from very thin gravel to dirt to patches with too much gravel.

No flats yet but I’ve slimed both tires and upon inspection did find a small thorn that had poked through the tire. Luckily it had not poked through the tube. We have lots of wild blackberries in this are so I’m being careful anytime I go off road which I’m generally not doing anyway.

Riding on pavement feels pretty fast and stable at 18 to 20 which is where I seem to average when I’m at PAS 3 on flat-ish ground. I’ve got one fairly steep uphill/downhill which the bike handles very well in both directions. I feel safe coming down that at about 28 to 29mph.

When I cycled in Memphis 20 years ago I rode 100+ miles a week on a mountain bike and a road bike, both with lower handlebars in a more aggressive position. It’s nice having the adjustable handlebar height. I can move it up easily if I just want a casual, comfortable cruising position but I can easily move it down to the bottom for the more aggressive position.

Longer rides? Back to the topic of range, I feel very confident taking this to town and back which is about 16 miles round trip. I’ve always got plenty of battery for that. That said, I’ve got access to lots of quiet county roads for recreational riding. I could easily see myself going out to ride for 2 to 4 hours, taking a break in the middle and covering more like 45 to 50 miles. That’s not going to happen on the XP though. Well, not with one battery.

So, I find myself considering the purchase of a second battery or perhaps adding a second, longer range bike for those longer rides. I suspect with the the nicer weather of spring and fall I’ll likely want the option to go out for those longer rides. Anyone else bumping up to that constraint and wanting to reliably get 45+ miles? Looking around it mostly seems that bikes in the $1,000 to $2,000 range are in the same range expectation which makes sense give they all generally use the same tech and weigh the same 55 to 75lbs.... but that’s really another topic so I’ll stop!

I’ve had my Lectric XP for about 5 weeks and have ridden a good bit, about 430 miles. I wanted to offer up a few thoughts.

I’m riding 15 to 23 miles a ride, almost everyday that isn’t raining. I’ve had it out on the nice 50 degree days and out on the 20 degree days. Some wet roads, a little mud, a little snow.

Overall it’s a joy to ride. I expect I’ll continue with everyday rides for months to come. I work from home so these rides are for fun and exercise or to attend a meeting in town 8 miles away. At some point I’ll be doing all my grocery shopping with the XP too. I’ve outfitted it with collapsible WALD rear baskets which have already come in handy for lugging things around.

In terms of range, it’s been consistent at about 21 miles per charging cycle with 3 to 4 bars left over. But as we know, the top 50% of battery capacity is not equal to the bottom 50%. The battery lasts longer and has more power at the top 50%. The bars deplete more quickly and there’s less available power once I dip below the half-way mark. I think I could get 25 miles out of it, possibly 30.

Ride conditions... I pedal fairly hard, 99% of the time. So this is not throttle. My initial 2 weeks were PAS 2, the last 3 weeks have been more PAS 3. I weigh in at 175 but have added 10 - 12 lbs of stuff to the bike: baskets, back rack pack, a heavy-duty chain lock, Thudbuster seatpost, tool kit, full water bottle. 85% paved road, 15% gravel, tires generally at 23 to 30psi. Some hilly terrain, about 930ft elevation gain, same elevation loss for my usual route. A good bit of wind for some of my rides.

The fenders take care of about 95% of the water and slop but I do get a bit of spray from both tires. My back rack bag has gotten a bit yucked up but nothing too terrible. No way I’d go without fenders. The bike has done great on the few patches of snow I’ve encountered. Nothing to deep or extensive, I’m looking forward to the time I can take it out on a few inches to see how it handles. It handles fairly well on our gravel road which ranges from very thin gravel to dirt to patches with too much gravel.

No flats yet but I’ve slimed both tires and upon inspection did find a small thorn that had poked through the tire. Luckily it had not poked through the tube. We have lots of wild blackberries in this are so I’m being careful anytime I go off road which I’m generally not doing anyway.

Riding on pavement feels pretty fast and stable at 18 to 20 which is where I seem to average when I’m at PAS 3 on flat-ish ground. I’ve got one fairly steep uphill/downhill which the bike handles very well in both directions. I feel safe coming down that at about 28 to 29mph.

When I cycled in Memphis 20 years ago I rode 100+ miles a week on a mountain bike and a road bike, both with lower handlebars in a more aggressive position. It’s nice having the adjustable handlebar height. I can move it up easily if I just want a casual, comfortable cruising position but I can easily move it down to the bottom for the more aggressive position.

Longer rides? Back to the topic of range, I feel very confident taking this to town and back which is about 16 miles round trip. I’ve always got plenty of battery for that. That said, I’ve got access to lots of quiet county roads for recreational riding. I could easily see myself going out to ride for 2 to 4 hours, taking a break in the middle and covering more like 45 to 50 miles. That’s not going to happen on the XP though. Well, not with one battery.

So, I find myself considering the purchase of a second battery or perhaps adding a second, longer range bike for those longer rides. I suspect with the the nicer weather of spring and fall I’ll likely want the option to go out for those longer rides. Anyone else bumping up to that constraint and wanting to reliably get 45+ miles? Looking around it mostly seems that bikes in the $1,000 to $2,000 range are in the same range expectation which makes sense give they all generally use the same tech and weigh the same 55 to 75lbs.... but that’s really another topic so I’ll stop!
Thanks for your insights.

Just saw a video put out by someone that goes by Danny Fyffe, he has less the 70 miles on his bike and has snapped off two peddles so far, this is first I've heard of the peddle just snapping off, and I've been on this site from the start and the only thing I've heard (and had the same problem) was the peddles coming loose, I put some blue locktite on and no more problems there, and I have close to 400 miles on mine. Has anybody else had their peddles actually just break off?

Forgot to put in also that his wife broke a peddle off on her bike also, really don't get it.

On his video of Jan. 1 to Skydio he mentions that he had problems with the crank and pedal falling apart, but that they sent him new ones with lock tite. Said he hasn't had a problem since. Have a feeling it may have been loose peddles. Threads might have got damaged. People express themselves differently sometimes.

On his video of Jan. 1 to Skydio he mentions that he had problems with the crank and pedal falling apart, but that they sent him new ones with lock tite. Said he hasn't had a problem since. Have a feeling it may have been loose peddles. Threads might have got damaged. People express themselves differently sometimes.
I have not had this issue. I thought peddles were self tighting while peddling? Why use lock tight?

Yeah they do.
And I put some in my front tire.
But, at the bike shop yesterday I asked about it, and they didn't recommend it. I neglected to ask why.
I'm sure this will be controversial, because I know some other people here have done it.

I'm going to hold off on my other tire and only use it if necessary, until I learn more.
Just my opinion, bike shops want flat repairs, they don't make any money if people prevent flats. I added slime to my tires while the battery was going through the first charge. I have used slime for years in other applications with great success and it sure hasn't hurt my bike in 300 miles.

Back