Lectric XP

My take on the whole seatpost thing? In the first part the seatpost is not a high quality or necessary item, in the second part those of us who bought the bike without the seatpost bought it for $100 or $200 cheaper so I think it's great that the newer purchasers get a small bonus for buying the bike at full price.

There has been some interest in piggybacking an extra battery using the charge hole for a connection. This will not work with our system as our charger is rated for 2 amps and the cord connection might be rated for 4 or 5 amps maximum. Our motor is pulling anywhere up to 20 amps which will burn out our connector, short out both batteries, and probably start a Lithium fire between your legs as you are riding the bike! You might have gotten the idea from EbikeSchool.com but here is a picture of the connector he would use as compared to ours. Lectric is fair in the pricing of their batteries and you can find other batteries on Aliexpress so unless you are trying to use an old battery that you have sitting around or building your own it is no cheaper to buy a different battery and try to cobble something together.
Good point, didn't think of that. Guess I will just order a spare battery and take it with me on longer trips.

I decided to email Lectric directly this morning about the issue of the seatpost. They responded within two hours. Here is their response:

Hey Tom,
Thanks for reaching out! Glad to hear you're loving your XP. Upon the release of our brand new suspension posts, we sent them to a couple of our YouTube partners to show them off! Our bikes still come with standard seat posts and suspension seat posts are available for sale as an additional accessory.
We are going to be launching our Black Friday sale very soon, so keep your eye out for an email update! We really appreciate your support of Lectric, and please let us know if you have any other questions or comments for us.

Happy riding,
Lauren

My take on the whole seatpost thing? In the first part the seatpost is not a high quality or necessary item, in the second part those of us who bought the bike without the seatpost bought it for $100 or $200 cheaper so I think it's great that the newer purchasers get a small bonus for buying the bike at full price.
That makes sense, I did not think of it that way.

Boom:

Black Friday Sale Starts Now!
There's only one thing better than a Black Friday sale - and that's an early Black Friday sale!

As a special thank you, we've decided to begin our Black Friday sale immediately! This will ensure you will receive your bike before the close of the holiday season and you won't need to wait to begin your celebrations - or your riding!

We are thrilled to announce our special Lectric XP holiday sale price of $879! The price of our Lectric XP bikes has never been lower and will not be this low again! Order early to ensure the earliest shipment date. This sale ends December 1st!

At Lectric eBikes we have focused our efforts on organic growth. We have never spent money on traditional advertising. We have achieved success through your amazing efforts and have grown into a community of over 6,000 riders since our launch in May. This holiday season will be the first time we utilize traditional advertising and we are expecting to sell out of all inventory by Christmas. If you are planning to order a bike for yourself or a loved one please be sure to spread the word - and act now!

Unfortunately, once all of our bikes are sold, we won't have any additional bikes available until early 2020 and the price will be higher. Also, make sure you check our website for special sale prices on batteries, suspension seat posts, and pannier bags!

This is the season to celebrate our many blessings. At Lectric eBikes we celebrate the thousands of customers who have joined us in our journey to make quality electric bikes available at an affordable price. We celebrate our many friends and advocates who have supported us and encouraged us along the way. We celebrate those who are casual followers of our company with the hope they will join our family of riders. We celebrate you!
nFQBhEx-zoLuKzbiVgNyzr4MHf0DZoU3k0BBIhpfBAu_Q47t_OM53CFYSswEpgKHmYgrhkwHz3mq2RV0zLCRw1L1T8Epju_Si_yF1DD5cZgusGZA73-a8Rc3-PqAw7P0bKAliDW2GDi5epGMMQSdB7DRxLAcmexttai3Fw20CYG_=s0-d-e1-ft

Thank you for riding with us.

Levi, CEO
Lectric eBikes

Boom:

Black Friday Sale Starts Now!
There's only one thing better than a Black Friday sale - and that's an early Black Friday sale!

As a special thank you, we've decided to begin our Black Friday sale immediately! This will ensure you will receive your bike before the close of the holiday season and you won't need to wait to begin your celebrations - or your riding!

We are thrilled to announce our special Lectric XP holiday sale price of $879!

Also, make sure you check our website for special sale prices on batteries, suspension seat posts, and pannier bags!

Thank you for riding with us.

Levi, CEO
Lectric eBikes

In additions, the panniers are down to $39, the suspension seat post to $69, and the extra battery to $279.

Hi. Could someone help explain if when the bike is folded. Is there anyway to keep the two folded pieces “latched” together? Also is there a way to push or drag the bike while folded using the handle bar or seat post similar to the Qualisport Dolphin?

thank you.

Last edited:
Looks like the "freebies" are gone until the price increase. Those that wanted freebies, it looks like it is over until the new price.

Hi. Could someone help explain if when the bike is folded. Is there anyway to keep the two folded pieces “latched” together? Also is there a way to push or drag the bike while folded using the handle bar or seat post similar to the Qualisport Dolphin?

thank you.
I use a velcro strap to hold them together otherwise they will kind of unfold somewhat and no you can't really drag them it's pretty difficult. It's best to move it to where you want to take it then fold it and then put it away😀

I use a velcro strap to hold them together otherwise they will kind of unfold somewhat and no you can't really drag them it's pretty difficult. It's best to move it to where you want to take it then fold it and then put it away😀
Thank you. I was trying to think ahead for commuting to work and then taking in the elevator and to my office. I would hate to leave the bike locked up outside all day.

Built a work stand today. Used a cast iron umbrella stand, a piece of pipe, a shim and a wooden closet dowel. The wooden dowel is so I don't scratch the inside of the seat tube and fits inside the shaft perfectly snug 😄. Its the right height for me to work while sitting on my foot stool. Used it today all day while cleaning the chain, readjusting the derailer and brakes, and general maintenance. Works great and super sturdy. To put the bike on it I put the bike on its side and slide the pole up the seat post shaft and then pick it all up and set it down. Super easy.. Bikes much cleaner after these pics. 😊

Attachments

• 20191116_122718.jpg
    20191116_122718.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 614
  • 20191116_122705.jpg
    20191116_122705.jpg
    637.3 KB · Views: 566
Built a work stand today. Used a cast iron umbrella stand, a piece of pipe, a shim and a wooden closet dowel. The wooden dowel is so I don't scratch the inside of the seat tube and fits inside the shaft perfectly snug 😄. Its the right height for me to work while sitting on my foot stool. Used it today all day while cleaning the chain, readjusting the derailer and brakes, and general maintenance. Works great and super sturdy. To put the bike on it I put the bike on its side and slide the pole up the seat post shaft and then pick it all up and set it down. Super easy.. Bikes much cleaner after these pics. 😊
What a clever idea. I have an unused umbrella base and couple of wood closet rods not doing anything so I can bulld one also. THANK YOU

What a clever idea. I have an unused umbrella base and couple of wood closet rods not doing anything so I can bulld one also. THANK YOU
Your welcome. 😊 My original thought was to use a cement patio footing but it would have weight a ton and the center hole was to large. Luckily I remembered that I had this umbrella base. Much lighter and just as sturdy.

Darceman, what a great idea thank you for sharing. I will be watching for an umbrella stand sitting at the curb during my rides.

Perhaps they will post an even lower price on the 29th?
After watching the techwewant video, I think they may go for a one day sale.
Just my guess.

Thank you. I was trying to think ahead for commuting to work and then taking in the elevator and to my office. I would hate to leave the bike locked up outside all day.

I almost wasn't allowed on the CTA train (the "L") here in Chicago. The station attendants said ebikes and escooters are not allowed. It was also rush hour and during that period most bikes are not allowed on the train. The only exception is folding bikes.

That's when I mentioned to them that my ebike is a folding bike. They called this special case in to ask what they should do. According to the rules folding bikes are allowed so they let me through as long as I kept it folded.

I felt relieved to be let through because I literally ran out of battery and did not want to pedal all the way to work (many many miles away). However, this ebike is really heavy and cumbersome to transport in it's folded state. I will NOT be commuting with it on the train. For me it's too much of a hassle in this case. I'm better off making sure I have a full charge and riding it all the way to and from work.

I'm going to look into getting another folding ebike like the Qualisports Nemo or maybe even an old fashion simple and lightweight folding bike like my old Downtube Nova. It'll be fine for that last mile ride anyway. A 16" wheel diameter would probably be okay for short commutes.

1280px-20120624_CTA_L_5000SERIES_PINK311_54CERMAK.jpeg

Last edited:
Back