Lectric XP

Google is quite an amazing company to work for. I am very fortunate and appreciative of the opportunity, best job I've ever had! They take great care of their employees with all sorts of perks and benefits such as the bike room, gym, meals and so much more. My boss also rides an ebike so we clicked instantly. We started watching EBR YouTube videos! 😁

Here's my 8.5 mile one-way commute to work. I'd be able to throttle-only to work and back home everyday. If i was lazy, but I still want to get my heart pumping.

At my job we have a dedicated bike room i can store my XP. The bike room can only be accessed by security badge. The underground garage the bike room is located within can only be accessed by security badge. Inside the bike room we have air pumps, tools, and a hose to wash off our bikes. Looks like I have my lock situation figured out. There's even a camera in the room in case an employee wants to walk out of there with my bike. But from what I've been told, a few of the engineers own ebikes too so I'm not worried.

The bike storage room also has many electrical outlets so i'd be able to charge my battery during my workday without having to take the battery upstairs to my desk.

Too bad winter is coming!

Bonus: a few pics of my folding bike I purchased back in 2011! $300 but I've put hundreds of miles on it so I feel I got my money's worth.

View attachment 39231
View attachment 39232
View attachment 39233
View attachment 39234
View attachment 39235
Nice. E-bike commuting on historic route 66. Swell set up there at work too. My locker room wasnt that nice.

Nice. E-bike commuting on historic route 66. Swell set up there at work too. My locker room wasnt that nice.

Yup Historic US Route 66 basically all the way from my house to work. Bicyclists use it often but i wish it had bicycle lane markings and would be in better condition. Some parts are kinda rough, literally and figuratively. During rush hour it can get quite congested with traffic so I'd have to be extra mindful of careless motorists. That said, i still want to try it as I've never biked to work before. Right now I just use public transportation.

Yes it is a very nice setup. I could not ask for more.

I'd still put a lock on it

Yeah I'm not taking a chance but i was surprised to see that basically all of the bikes in the bike room are unlocked.

I guess if i wanted to be evil and lose my job i would take a bike. However, the security team would know i came into the garage, accessed the bike room, smiled to the camera(s) and got caught red-handed walking out of there with a bike that i did not own.

But, I love my job and I'm not evil so i will not do such a thing. And i hope no one else would either.

I love the compassion for technicalities about the settings. I assure all of you, get out on the bike more, focus on the overwhelming positives including the price, and your complaints will just melt away.

Road soda + Friday night lights FTW.

Attachments

• 7C3FB24D-81C2-4AAE-9435-DCCE02A5AFAB.jpeg
    7C3FB24D-81C2-4AAE-9435-DCCE02A5AFAB.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 422
  • 307BFD17-EFB9-4742-B571-BDEF867389AC.jpeg
    307BFD17-EFB9-4742-B571-BDEF867389AC.jpeg
    519.7 KB · Views: 452
  • 04F69530-C559-422D-AFDB-76E1315F050F.jpeg
    04F69530-C559-422D-AFDB-76E1315F050F.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 408
Oh and by the way, here comes the lectric XP top speed challenge, read more accurately by my garmin gps... will have to check that settings screen for max stored speed and post it up to see if it’s close..

Attachments

• 8E6023C2-CEB1-43DC-BD3F-A0282400CC91.jpeg
    8E6023C2-CEB1-43DC-BD3F-A0282400CC91.jpeg
    523.3 KB · Views: 411
Here are some pics from this afternoon's rainy ride. This XP is awesome.

Attachments

• DJI_20190929_162820-2.jpg
    DJI_20190929_162820-2.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 468
  • DJI_20190929_162948.jpg
    DJI_20190929_162948.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 584
  • DJI_20190929_164202.jpg
    DJI_20190929_164202.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 466
  • DJI_20190929_164409.jpg
    DJI_20190929_164409.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 496
  • DJI_20190929_164442.jpg
    DJI_20190929_164442.jpg
    1,009 KB · Views: 485
  • DJI_20190929_164608.jpg
    DJI_20190929_164608.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 448
I think that was actually a joke if you look at the bike no one would have taken it apart that much.. Vancouver is a great city and has its shares of problems just like any city but what a wonderful place to ride a bicycle or e-Bike... And as noted earlier the weather can be phenomenal all year round for bike riding just not the days it rains LOL
I used to live in downtown Vancouver and have seen a few stripped bikes like that including some that were in apartment bike storage rooms.

I love the compassion for technicalities about the settings. I assure all of you, get out on the bike more, focus on the overwhelming positives including the price, and your complaints will just melt away.

Road soda + Friday night lights FTW.

I do not dislike the bike at all. Only for what the company did to those of us who actually care about the settings without any warning. Even in its locked state, it will satisfy most people. I'm hoping that those of us who have been complaining loudly, that it will enact change at lectric and force them to be more forthcoming when it comes to the technical details of the bike and improve their customer relations and communication.

This I find interesting. I got a white bike as well, and was not aware of the physical differences between white model and black model. My experience with the white model was as indicated above.

IIRC, Lectric started selling the XP in June. It appears that they are "dialing in" their process, and those of us who are early adopters are feeling the effects of their process. Some things you can only learn by doing, and trying to get the XP to become the bike they want to ship out consistently unfortunately requires some trial and error. I sympathize completely with those who feel they are not getting what they paid for, and it does sort of suck to get a product you believe is inferior to what you thought you ordered. Right now it appears the white model is a slightly better product than the black model because it has these newer components, but nowhere are these differences listed or explained so as to provide a buyer the information needed to make an informed choice. It appears that, in the short run, buying an XP from Lectric will be a slightly moving target. What they are really failing at is communication, because as they make these changes there is no way for the consumer to know this is the case. They have to get better at communication and improve their web presence considerably IMHO. Many of the complaints can be alleviated with better communication. I mean, I can't even find out the seat post dimension on their website (31.6" ?).
I am sure as more bikes are on the market and more questions asked by consumers, there will be a Q&A section. I am one of those give the company some time. If they do not come up to date then people will be purchasing full price bikes that need to have that information. JMO.

Last edited:
So I just went outside and tested my display.

#1) The Hold Mode button + Up Arrow to scroll through Max Speed, Avg Speed and normal live speed works! Seems to only be active during the ride you are one and gets wiped out each time the computer is turned off.

#2) I could adjust the following settings on mine:
  1. P01background light
  2. P02 Distance Units KM/MI
  3. P04 Sleeping time
  4. P08 Speed limit range
  5. P10 (not sure I checked this one actually, allows you to turn off PAS and Throttle, or toggle between each one only, or both on at the same time).
  6. P11 - PAS sensitivity (I tested these out, and 10 was about right for me here)
  7. P12 - PAS starting intensity (I felt 3 was good for me here, 5 really gets you going quick)
  8. Did not mess with P16 (ODO reset) or the rest of them.
In addition to this, I found the following over the weekend:
  1. Trip meter said my ride was 5.8 miles, Garmin GPS said it was actually 6.77 miles- Yes, this is pretty far off and confirms what others have said, should only get more drastic the more miles you ride.
  2. Max speed I saw on the computer was around 31.1 and the Garmin caught it at exactly 31.1, but for some odd reason Strava (which is pulling data from Garmin!) read this as 30.9 mph - strange, but the Speedo appears to be far more accurate than the Trip meter/ODO.
Also got my insulated upright bag for the rack in back, have it attached and am now ready to travel and carry stuff!

I do not dislike the bike at all. Only for what the company did to those of us who actually care about the settings without any warning. Even in its locked state, it will satisfy most people. I'm hoping that those of us who have been complaining loudly, that it will enact change at lectric and force them to be more forthcoming when it comes to the technical details of the bike and improve their customer relations and communication.
In my area ebikes are bringing a premium on Craigslist because of the wait time and people want to see what they are getting. Here is your chance to make a buck and be rid of the bike. A win-win.

Back