Lectric XP

I see now that stock 52t chainring and 14-28t freewheel will have hard time to get to 28 mph .
This combination in bike calculator gives me:
22mph at 90 rpm ( cranks per min. )
14.7 mph at 60 rpm ( average cyclists cadence )
23.7 at 97 rpm ( KC max cadence )
To get to 28.1 mph you would have to crank at 115 rpm

KevCentral said in his review that after changing freewheel to 11t cog it got him to 27.9mph but that was his max.
I put 48t ( his chainring ) / 11t combo in calculator and it gives me:
27.9 mph at 97 rpm ( cranking like crazy )
25.9 mph at 90 rpm
23.9 mph at 83 rpm ( KC all day speed )
17.3 mph at 60 rpm

Upgrading just freewheel to 11-28t with 52t stock chainring in bike calculator looks like this:
18.7 mph at 60 rpm
28.1 mph at 90 rpm
30.3 mph at 97 rpm

I want to feel that I do some of the work all the way from 1 to 28 mph so I looked at different chainring on Amazon.
60t was the biggest I could find.
In calculator 60t chainring and 11t cog will get the bike to:
21.6 mph at 60 rpm
32.3 mph at 90 rpm
34.9 mph at 97 rpm

I know I will upgrade freewheel to 11-28t , I already ordered it but I have to wait for bike to known if I will upgrade chainring or not.

All measurements based on 22.2" wheel

I Can pedal at highest setting class 3 with 52 ring no problem. as long as it's less than half a mile then I run out of steam...42kph= 26mph

After watching a few videos I have to totally agree. Wife just had back surgery last week and the Zoom won't even cut it for her. Ordering one now.
I think if i got me one of them fancy $100 suntours i would have to take the quick release off of my seat post and bolt it down good n tight

I think if i got me one of them fancy $100 suntours i would have to take the quick release off of my seat post and bolt it down good n tight
I put one of them spring things under my seat that somebody mentioned around page 8 or so on my rad mini. It works pretty nice but a real pain in the butt to get it dialed in, literally. Never had one of the suntours to compare it to though. Got something similar to the zoom on my regular mountain bike and its every bit as good as that probably a little better.

I Can pedal at highest setting class 3 with 52 ring no problem. as long as it's less than half a mile then I run out of steam...42kph= 26mph
With stock 14t freewheel that's 107 rpm( chainring rpm )
With 11t upgrade it would be 84 rpm
Is yours stock? If yes then with your cadence and 11t freewheel that half mile would be at 53.7 kph or 33.4 mph

Last edited:
It's not necessary to do that unless you are worried about it getting stolen...
Yeah, don't really think you have a lot to worry about unless you are in a major city, but Court on a couple of his EBR reviews talk about the few dink heads out there that will just take them off and throw them in a ditch or something, sad but true, there is always going to be a few of them out there.

I see now that stock 52t chainring and 14-28t freewheel will have hard time to get to 28 mph .
This combination in bike calculator gives me:
22mph at 90 rpm ( cranks per min. )
14.7 mph at 60 rpm ( average cyclists cadence )
23.7 at 97 rpm ( KC max cadence )
To get to 28.1 mph you would have to crank at 115 rpm

KevCentral said in his review that after changing freewheel to 11t cog it got him to 27.9mph but that was his max.
I put 48t ( his chainring ) / 11t combo in calculator and it gives me:
27.9 mph at 97 rpm ( cranking like crazy )
25.9 mph at 90 rpm
23.9 mph at 83 rpm ( KC all day speed )
17.3 mph at 60 rpm

Upgrading just freewheel to 11-28t with 52t stock chainring in bike calculator looks like this:
18.7 mph at 60 rpm
28.1 mph at 90 rpm
30.3 mph at 97 rpm

I want to feel that I do some of the work all the way from 1 to 28 mph so I looked at different chainring on Amazon.
60t was the biggest I could find.
In calculator 60t chainring and 11t cog will get the bike to:
21.6 mph at 60 rpm
32.3 mph at 90 rpm
34.9 mph at 97 rpm

I know I will upgrade freewheel to 11-28t , I already ordered it but I have to wait for bike to known if I will upgrade chainring or not.

All measurements based on 22.2" wheel
Awesome report. As someone who changed the freewheel, you'll want one of these too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B6RGXG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I dont think a standard chainring tool will be deep enough.

With stock 14t freewheel that's 107 rpm( chainring rpm )
With 11t upgrade it would be 84 rpm
Is yours stock? If yes then with your cadence and 11t freewheel that half mile would be at 53.7 kph or 33.4 mph
I don't think that whould ever happened as the motor won't let you go that fast unless you're peddling free wheel and that's near impossible with a 60 pound bike

I don't think that whould ever happened as the motor won't let you go that fast unless you're peddling free wheel and that's near impossible with a 60 pound bike
I agree but 14t and 107 rpm get you to 42 kph for .5 mile
11t and 90rpm will get you to 45 kph and I'm sure it will be longer then .5 mile

Last edited:
BTW does the motor apply breaks after 45 kph/28 mph or is it free wheel after that?
I know when I went down a hill pedalling I got it to 46km... My understanding is it won't let you go past that speed but i haven't really checked...I'm pedalling to fast 🐇

Back