Lectric XP

I've made well over 150 purchases from them.no real problems...
C$ 70.18 33%OFF | SR Suntour NCX Bike Suspension Travel Seatpost 400mm * 27.2/28.6/30.0/30.1/30.4/30.8/31.6/33.9 Bicycle Seat Post w/ Case

What size did you purchase for the xp?

Darceman, how tall are you? Would you recommend a 400mm post or 350 for someone who is 5' 10"?
I am 5 foot 11 I felt the 400 mm would just add a little bit more structural integrity 350 will be perfectly fine thought as my girlfriend has that one and it works for me also

Car and RV charging. Let's do some simple electrical math for the non math people out there. Using an inverter to go from 12 volts to 120 volts we have a 10 to 1 ratio. If we need 1 amp of current at 120 volts we will need 10 amps of current at 12 volts. Most bike chargers are rated at 2 amps at 120 volts and therefore we will need to supply 20 amps of DC current. No system is 100% efficient so we have some losses to deal with. A good inverter can be 85% efficient. We have to make up for that 15% loss. 15% of our 20 amp draw is 3 amps. A 20 amp draw added to our 3 amps of conversion loss gives us 23 amps of 12 volt DC continuous draw off your battery and wiring. A cigarette lighter Jack will immediately fry under these loads. You will need 6-gauge wire tied directly into the battery or to a heavy-duty distribution bus. I'm going with the Samulex 300 watt pure sine wave inverter that darceman mentioned. Under good real life conditions, a 250 watt solar system can supply 13 amps of current to the battery banks offsetting the 23 amp inverter draw. Depending on the Sun, I may do a one or two hour boost charge of the bike battery. The remainder of the power I need for the RV. There are other creative ways to charge a battery while you're on the road. Radio license K2LED

Last edited:
Living on a boat I can also add...
Going with the 23amps that the inverter will draw...
From Rad...
Charging
the battery from completely empty to completely full typically takes between 3-7 hours, though you can partially
charge
the battery to top it off. We recommend
charging
after each ride so your battery can power you for the full range the next time you Ride
Rad
!

23amps x 3 hours =69 ah out of your battery
23amps x 7 hours =161 ah out of your battery

AGM battery in my boat is 100 ah but you can only use about 1/2 of that so 50ah not even enough for 1 charge...

I share in your frustration I'm Literally losing it at this point. It has been such a bad experience I don't think I'd ever participate in a pre order no matter the savings.
Then you loose. Be patient. It's worth the wait..they are a new company and they will make it right, I am sure.

Bike battery.
48v 10.4ah = 468 wh
Most vehicles operate on 12v, so,
468 wh / 12v = 39 ah
Allow for inefficiencies
39/.8 is about 50 ah at 12v

A 200w solar panel will deliver about
200w/12v*6h = 100ah at 12v
That maybe optimistic, if is was cloudy.
So lets call it 50 ah at 12v
About what it would take to charge one fully depleted bike battery.

Sorry I just had to double check the math.

So that is about what it would cost to run my fridge/freezer for a day in my imaginary RV.

Since I'd be likely to ride the bike on sunny days. I think a solar powered bike is perfectly reasonable. Especially if you had fancy Lithium Ion batteries in your RV (land or sea based - I guess water based RV could charge bike battery as needed while waiting to get to land;)

To me a solar powered vehicle seems entirely and easily possible.

As others have said I would not run a 300w inverter from a cigarette lighter socket.
Sorry, I guess they call them power outlets these days.

But we do not know what kind of charger Lectric uses. On average 50 ah / 6 hours is about 8.5 amps at 12V. More than I would pull off the cig lighter, but it may work.

lol a bit of time talking about solar...
I keep calling my boat a boat, but its a sailboat.
I decided we needed a folding electric bike after a couple mile walk to the grocery store on a mid 90's day!
On my boat I have just shy of 600 watts of solar and 6 100 amp AGM batteries. i'm usually fully charged back up by noon. so charging another 468watts won't be a big deal for me.

I can see how campers might have a problem.
come on bike get here! lol

For people who have tried out XP offroad; do you miss the need of front suspension? How bumpy the ride feels?

As suggested by Darceman, I ordered SunTour seatpost from AliExpress. I am also wondering if there is any viable after-market solution available for handlebar suspension thats a good fit for XP.

lol a bit of time talking about solar...
I keep calling my boat a boat, but its a sailboat.
I decided we needed a folding electric bike after a couple mile walk to the grocery store on a mid 90's day!
On my boat I have just shy of 600 watts of solar and 6 100 amp AGM batteries. i'm usually fully charged back up by noon. so charging another 468watts won't be a big deal for me.

I can see how campers might have a problem.
come on bike get here! lol
There's no problem in a camper. It's just like the electric on Green Acres. You can't exceed 7. My electric tea kettle that I use to make coffee is a 6. And the electric heating element in the hot water heater is a 3. But that's ok because I don't really need hot water until later in the day. The toaster is only a 3, which is a good thing because my batteries are weak in the morning when I want toast. The microwave is a 7, which is ok because I only use it to nuke veggies at dinner time and by then my batteries are full. I think I'll be able to charge the bike between 1 and 5. It's going to work out great, really it will. :)

Sorry about the poor quality but it's still worth watching:

Also in the new online owners manual v1.1 which should be read by all new bike owners. New feature on the bikes being received that did not make it to print as everybody "wanted their bike now" 😁 Such as the new ignition key lock, all of the P settings including 28 mph. One poster on FB did not read the important instructions, or watch the new video of tightening the peddles. He had a major crash and got beat up pretty bad. Really glad he shared it. His message: I hope everyone reads the manual and uses the tools supplied before climbing on for the first ride. Helmet was his second message, he wasn't wearing one and took it on the head. JMO, but I think this is so important, especially if you kick it up to 28mph.
Link to post in his own words by Brent Edger https://www.facebook.com/groups/lec...74931502652&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic
Will be quite happy at 20mph

Another update on my MIA bike(s). First I got an email from Brent giving me a new shipping number on the white bike and cancelling the original shipping number - report that one here yesterday morning. Then I received another email from Christian saying that a new shipping number had been created for the white bike, no number specified, but another apology for losing the first one. Then two emails from Lectric giving two additional shipping numbers, new one for the white, new one for the black. All emails were received yesterday, the last ones at 10 PM EDT. FedEx has no record of any of the three new shipping numbers or either of my old shipping numbers. I think I'm close to giving up. Maybe I'm not supposed to have an electric bike.
OMG your confusing me goldie. How many they sending you lol. It sounds like they're getting worse on the shipping.

There's no problem in a camper. It's just like the electric on Green Acres. You can't exceed 7. My electric tea kettle that I use to make coffee is a 6. And the electric heating element in the hot water heater is a 3. But that's ok because I don't really need hot water until later in the day. The toaster is only a 3, which is a good thing because my batteries are weak in the morning when I want toast. The microwave is a 7, which is ok because I only use it to nuke veggies at dinner time and by then my batteries are full. I think I'll be able to charge the bike between 1 and 5. It's going to work out great, really it will. :)

Sorry about the poor quality but it's still worth watching:
LMAO

Back