Lectric XP 3.0 review

sc00ter

Region
USA
City
Norfolk, VA
So the FedEx contractor showed up today, 12/20/2022, with a white step-thru box. The box is perfect, no signs of abuse and it arrived on time. So I need to unbox it and get some riding in to do one of my dumb reviews. Currently COLD out but I'll get some riding in somehow.

Welcome to Lectric 3.0 land! I unboxed mine today and put the free accessories on, plus the Lectric brand mirrors. First thing I did was flip the steering stem to make the reach to the bars shorter. At first it was a tad to far for reach, now its a tad to close. I'll figure it out when I get some riding time in. I also went over the whole bike, every nut and bolt. Nothing stripped. loose of missing. I might double check the rim strips and make sure their centered correctly, and install a Mr. Tuffy liner on the rear. Now to all who remember my RipRacer SNAP session, I'll take my time and use the right snipers. Now onto the general impression and accessories:
The Lectric brand folding lock is lacking. I'll just donate it to a thrift store or something.
The extra plush improved seat is lackluster as well. That's leaving with the lock.
The suspension post is also so so. You need a HUGE allen to adjust the tension
I need to order a locking seat clamp so my Sella Royal wont get seat napped.
The Lectric branded bar end mirrors are pretty nice.
The passenger option went on easy and solid but the wife will be the final judge. Only doing short runs with a passenger.
So far really impressed with my Lectric XP 3.0, considering the purchase price.

That's it for now. Need some seat time and I'll update the review.

And still waiting on the basket package. Only going to use the front rack and basket. I purchased a Rad Power basket bag and some basket bottoms from Etsy. Will post pictures as well.

So after adjusting the derailleur guard (was hitting in the last gear) from my bad initial adjustment I finally got some ride time on it. Quick observations:
There is a tiny bit of lag when initially taking off via the pedals before the assist kicks in. Not terrible but there.
Once assist kicks in its nice and powerful.
Like the gear spread. No hamster wheeling!
Rides nice and quiet, and very smooth. The seat post is for fat people, so it actually works great for me.
My wife actually likes the passenger package! Combined we come right up to the weight limit.
No major flex but a passenger does make the steering slightly twitchy. I keep the speed down with her on it.
Brakes work perfect for mechanical disc. I actually prefer them.
Wheels are nice and true and the spokes feel correct on tension. Will have them re-checked after some miles.
Running 40psi in both wheels. Sidewall says 25-45psi.
Rim strips were centered but I didn't put the Tuffy's in yet. Being lazy but it will probably bite me in the butt later.
For me the 3" tire width is perfect. I also prefer 20" wheels so I might just be a weirdo.
Key insertion to start it can be finicky but I'll get used to it.
All entry level ebike headlights have terrible light spread. This one is no exception.
Wish it had a brake light feature as well, but tail light is kinda bright and not blocked.
So far very impressed with this sub-$1500 ebike. I know I said I was done with toy ebikes in another thread but I also realize that I would never utilize a more expensive ebike. I just kick around the 'hood and run to the local stores. And I'll never give up my throttle!

Attachments

• IMG_20211218_145423770_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211218_145423770_HDR.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 225
Looking forward to running the 3.0 on the trail down to the park and back and compare with the xp lite & prem. FedEx should be by tomorrow 🙃

Last edited:
Looking forward to running the 3.0 on the trail down to the park and back and compare with the xp lite & prem. FedEx should be by tomorrow 🙃
A coworker has a 2.0 but he never rides it to work, and he only lives a few miles away. I told him to call me if he rides in, and I'll ride in as well. He was also asking about flipping the stem around. It was either to far of a reach or slightly to close. I might order the turtle stem from that YouTube guy and put BMX bars on my XP.

I thought about the Premium but wanted the passenger carrying option. But I don't ride 2 up very far, and the 2 batteries are not required. But that would be a nice option on a XP 3.0! But the battery is so light and compact that I might just buy a second one.

I look forward to your review!

Last edited:
Agreed. The tn stem + bmx bars have a wider range of adjustment and smaller folding footprint. Being able to stow the bars out of harms way is nice.

The premium holds a child on the rack no problem. Hoping the seat kit fits both bikes. Think a guy can find folding pegs locally?

The passenger package seat fits the 35kg xpremium rack well however only one of the securement brackets appear designed to fit the 3.0 rack specifically. Both the premium and 3.0 needed derailleur adjustment out of the box - Neither shifted into 7th. Nothing looks bent and was well packaged. The brakes are out of wack too - all 3 lectric bikes I've purchased so far have required brake and or derailleur adjustment. At least I'm getting practice on what I should already know how to adjust on my own. It'll be a bit yet before the roads/trails here are bike ready for me, so I'm going to try and dial everything in perfect before then. Have some cool add-on's set to deliver this week. Looking forward to seeing whether the long range batt fits the lite as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20230117_113222_736.jpg
    IMG_20230117_113222_736.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 433
Since I've been just kicking around locally, because my baskets are on back order , I still can't get the handlebar reach to my liking. So I ordered the David Brand New turtle neck stem combo. I'll post my findings/pictures when I receive it and get it installed.

As I was typing this I got a fraud notice on my phone from my bank noting "Suspicious activity." for buying a TURTLENECK STEM for $159.99. I had to confirm my purchase for it to go forward. They (bank) are probably thinking something "naughty"!

Last edited:
The passenger package seat fits the 35kg xpremium rack well however only one of the securement brackets appear designed to fit the 3.0 rack specifically. Both the premium and 3.0 needed derailleur adjustment out of the box - Neither shifted into 7th. Nothing looks bent and was well packaged. The brakes are out of wack too - all 3 lectric bikes I've purchased so far have required brake and or derailleur adjustment. At least I'm getting practice on what I should already know how to adjust on my own. It'll be a bit yet before the roads/trails here are bike ready for me, so I'm going to try and dial everything in perfect before then. Have some cool add-on's set to deliver this week. Looking forward to seeing whether the long range batt fits the lite as well.
To pretty sitting inside getr outside and make it look tougher

Perhaps it's too late to cancel your handlebar order, but I found there are two cheap ways to move the handlebars closer:

(1) Search these forums for "Cansucc." That's the unfortunate name for a beautifully-crafted handlebar mover (~3").

(2) Loosen the allen screw inside the front stem and turn the handlebars around 180 degrees, then re-mount the handlebars. This will move the handlebars significantly closer to the seat. I found the ideal distance for me was to turn the stem around, then use the Cansucc extension to move the handlebars slightly back forward.

Riding position is now MUCH more comfortable for us. Handlebar folding is affected, but I find that by removing the handlebars and attaching them to the rear rack with bungee cords (which are used anyway to secure the folded wheels) I have an even-smaller folded package.

By the way, the Lectric Foldylock is actually a pretty good lock. Far better than cables or chains, based on YouTube. But we also have a motion-sensitive alarm on our bikes.

NOTHING stops a thief with an angle grinder.

By the way, the Lectric Foldylock is actually a pretty good lock. Far better than cables or chains, based on YouTube. But we also have a motion-sensitive alarm on our bikes.

Them angle grinders that are dc powered should be outlawed from bikes to catalytic converters to just stealing everything possible maybe need to possess a license to own one would help

Looks like the premium kickstand fits well. Was able to find the same one online and ended up ordering it. It's way better than the stocker that comes on the 3.0 and still tuck's well under the foot peg..

Attachments

• IMG_20230126_120805_612.jpg
    IMG_20230126_120805_612.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20230126_120833_531.jpg
    IMG_20230126_120833_531.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 211

You're right about that. The big U shape lock's slow em down a bit more than the folding locks. Ended up putting an alarm and GPS sticker on all my bikes. If you start grinding on the u-shape lock, the alarms are sensitive enough that they'll start going off way before they cut through and the gps tracking sticker will deter some.

To pretty sitting inside getr outside and make it look tougher
Ended up getting the bars and some accessories on last night. Gonna swap the rear derailleur and install the nickel plated 34-11 yet. Have a brighter yellow headlight around here somewhere but can't find it at the moment. Last, I pulled the trigger on a set of cable actuated hydraulic calipers... still 0 miles... really itching to ride.

Attachments

• IMG_20230126_123427_028.jpg
    IMG_20230126_123427_028.jpg
    678.2 KB · Views: 239
Back