Lectric XP 2.0 to debut

Tom J B

Region
USA
City
Allentown, PA
So I received an email asking me if I want to upgrade to the new Lectric XP 2.0 ? The new 2.0 is due out very soon and comes with oil filled front suspension, 3 inch tires instead of 4 inch tires, better paint job, wider handlebars and locking points for a bike lock. Supposedly instead of $100 upgrade fee they will only charge us that are waiting for our standard XP’s $50 . And we will get first in line access. Of course first in line access probably means at least another eight week wait. I don’t understand why they would go to more narrow tires. Any thoughts?

Sounds like a more-or-less clean sheet redesign. Who can guess what decisions the engineers, managers, lawyers, imagineers made in developing XP 2.0 and ST 2.0. Only the Shadow Knows!

I was given the choice to upgrade today. A link with a password to use if I want to take them up on the $50.00 - 2.0 upgrade. They don't tell you when to expect shipping but their website states the 2.0 Step Thru ships in 2 weeks and the 2.0 XP ships in 5 weeks. I'm staying with my original XP order. I've waited long enough ! I can do without a suspension fork.

Do you mind sharing when your original order was placed? I think they're making upgrade offers in order of date of order.

I did, I refuse to back an untested model. Even though, I'm sure it will be a fine bike. Absolutely, can't wait! OG all the way baby!

Thanks, contraktor, I gather you've received the same offer? Did you also choose to stick with your original order?
I replied to your post, but didn't "reply" lol.
Anyway, did you need a password to check out the wares? Just search 2.0 on the Lectric website and enter GENERATION2 when it asks for a passcode.

April 7 order date.

Hi Everyone!
First day in the forum for me... my bike is supposed to get a tracking number Monday the 17th.
I think they are more at the mercy of the supply chain, and perhaps even forced into this lack luster updated version by moving to a new supplier.
Otherwise, I think they missed an opportunity to go big! I would have done a dual motor upgrade with a few more tweaks and hit the market at 1700.00 for the new and improved XPXXL to rival the 2000.00 plus cruisers...
So... There you go Lectric that's free advice this time ... lol!
I can't wait for my 1.0 OG soon to be custom Racer-X series XP.
MUAHHAHAHAHAHA!
Have a great day folks!

Racer

April 7 order date.

Hi Everyone!
First day in the forum for me... my bike is supposed to get a tracking number Monday the 17th.
I think they are more at the mercy of the supply chain, and perhaps even forced into this lack luster updated version by moving to a new supplier.
Otherwise, I think they missed an opportunity to go big! I would have done a dual motor upgrade with a few more tweaks and hit the market at 1700.00 for the new and improved XPXXL to rival the 2000.00 plus cruisers...
So... There you go Lectric that's free advice this time ... lol!
I can't wait for my 1.0 OG soon to be custom Racer-X series XP.
MUAHHAHAHAHAHA!
Have a great day folks!

Racer
Mine is order 66685. Don’t know why the 6 in the beginning but at time of order, it showed 2 weeks. Ordered May 6th. Hoping it would ship soon as I have two month riding seasons before cold returns

Mine is order 66685. Don’t know why the 6 in the beginning but at time of order, it showed 2 weeks. Ordered May 6th. Hoping it would ship soon as I have two month riding seasons before cold returns
Well for your sake I hope it does arrive soon. But some of us have been waiting close to nine weeks already.

Did I read that correctly that the 2.0 step thru will ship in two weeks? I sure hope so, I was literally ready to hit the button and order, after a month of research, and boom. My only question is this: does this mean the 1.0 model. Won’t be available? I don’t want 3” tires, the 4” tires are one of the top features I want. Either way I just wan t to ride before summer is over, the new 2021 Synergy Step-Thru is looking more and more tempting.

Did I read that correctly that the 2.0 step thru will ship in two weeks? I sure hope so, I was literally ready to hit the button and order, after a month of research, and boom. My only question is this: does this mean the 1.0 model. Won’t be available? I don’t want 3” tires, the 4” tires are one of the top features I want. Either way I just wan t to ride before summer is over, the new 2021 Synergy Step-Thru is looking more and more tempting.
Ship from Arizona or ship from China? It also said that our XP’s would ship in four weeks and it’s going on nine weeks.

Back