Lectric Battery Issues

EmeraldCity

Hi all, this is a place to report any issues you're having with your Lectric battery.

I've got my own to report:

When in Pas5, or when throttling, i get full power, but my battery level decreases from full (or wherever it was) progressively down to 1 bar in about 10 seconds. When i stop peddling, or stop throttling, the battery bar recovers back up to full (or whereever it was before). At first blush, this doesn't present a problem, as I get full power even when it sinks to 1 bar. However if the bike is not fully charged i start to get less and less power when the batter meter sinks to 1 bar over those 10 seconds. Any thoughts or recommendations? Planning to reach out to Lectric to get their help, and I'll post that here when i do.

Hi all, this is a place to report any issues you're having with your Lectric battery.

I've got my own to report:

When in Pas5, or when throttling, i get full power, but my battery level decreases from full (or wherever it was) progressively down to 1 bar in about 10 seconds. When i stop peddling, or stop throttling, the battery bar recovers back up to full (or whereever it was before). At first blush, this doesn't present a problem, as I get full power even when it sinks to 1 bar. However if the bike is not fully charged i start to get less and less power when the batter meter sinks to 1 bar over those 10 seconds. Any thoughts or recommendations? Planning to reach out to Lectric to get their help, and I'll post that here when i do.
Lectric is sending me a new battery next week sometime. They think a cell is dead in my battery since I only get about 10 miles to a full charge. PAS 3 mostly peddling even paved road battery dies after 9-10 miles and it could be less since the display may be inaccurate as far as speed, mile etc.

So here's a new one... I bet ....
I couldn't get my girlfriend's brakes to stop squeaking. I'm usually good at this after taking apart and cleaning I notice that only half the pad was wearing. It seemed odd. I then discovered that someone at the factory put the wrong spacers where the caliper aliment bolts are. So when you adjust the alignment it's never quite straight and the bolts are too short consequently. Also because the caliper wasn't sitting all the way down only half the pad was contacting the rotor. I removed them and the noise went away I'm pretty sure they didn't belong there as her front caliper doesn't have that and neither do either of my calipers on my XP.

Attachments

• 20191008_195129.jpg
    20191008_195129.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 377
  • 2019-10-08 21.00.45.jpg
    2019-10-08 21.00.45.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Back