LBS Supply Chain Blues

Mulezen

Cary Town Bikes (Richmond VA...3 stores) contacted me about the Trek Allant I had on order due this month. It’s a guest rider in a smaller frame than my Allant. I wanted to stay with Bosch for a number of reasons. As you can see from the message it ain’t happening. In a face to face it was explained there were many disruptions to the supply chain including computer chips in battery.

“Hey Joe! Erin at Carytown bikes here. We've been tracking that other allant for you, and the eta got updated this week. Unfortunatly it's now showing a december eta. I took a look at the other colors and levels, too. They are all showing eta's ranging from January-March of 2022.

I did look into other options. I know that we've both been happy with bosch product, but everything I found with that system was equally backordered. I do have the Specialized Vado SL 4.0 in a medium coming in the 2nd and third week of May. I'd be happy to allocate that to you (and you can check it out when it gets here, but if you'd rather wait for the allant you still can).”

As frustrating as all these supply chain issues are for the buyer, for the poor dealer it must be a nightmare. Sounds like your dealer is trying to help, but without stock there's not much he can do. Glad I'm not in the business...

Back