Larger tire for Flow

phoenixtoohot

I am looking for a wider tire for my wife on her Flow. We ride mostly packed dirt trails, with loose sand spots. Has anyone replaced the tires with a wider tire, or know how wide a tire the frame could take?

I think I read something about this on the forum. I have not changed my tires. Espin can probably tell you.

I asked Espin the same question recently and they did respond that some of their customers have successfully swapped to tires with 2.3" width. They did not provide any update on brand, etc. They also did not respond with the impact on the ability to continue use of the fenders. I think that will depend on the specific tire used.

I am on the list for the next round of Sports scheduled for delivery in February, and I am considering installing a 2.2" tire. I have not decided on the brand yet.

I plan on updating to larger tires as well - if I ever get my bike. Seems like Schwalbe has several options up to 2.3", so I'll likely go with one of those. That's one of the neat things about bikes in this price range. You can modify the daylights out of them, customizing them to YOUR 'druthers, and STILL be into them right! -Al

Here's the response I got from Espin:
"We've had reports of customers employing tires as large as 2.3 inches on our Flow model; be aware that, depending on tread depth and width of the tire, it might rub the fender a bit."

I'm thinking, worst case, a well placed tie wrap or 2 might be required for clearance?

in this youtube review, i believe the owner of the bike shop states he is swapping tires on espin bikes...believe the name of his shop is revealed in the presentation...he is somewhere in arizona i believe..let us know what he says

I am looking for a wider tire for my wife on her Flow. We ride mostly packed dirt trails, with loose sand spots. Has anyone replaced the tires with a wider tire, or know how wide a tire the frame could take?
I would recommend the Schwalbe Big Ben Plus... a great all-around tire design that is available in the 26 x 2.15" size.

Espin Flow Review | ElectricBikeReview.com
Tour - Schwalbe Professional Bike Tires
1610307456149.png

Last edited:
I put 27.5 x 2.2 Kenda Kwick Seven -5's on today and they worked fine (no ties required AHicks 🙂 ). These were tires I had left over from my Ride1up, when I put more dirt oriented tires on it. Anyway, there is plenty of clearance from the fenders, I suspect 2.25 knobbies might even work.

I put 27.5 x 2.2 Kenda Kwick Seven -5's on today and they worked fine (no ties required AHicks 🙂 ). These were tires I had left over from my Ride1up, when I put more dirt oriented tires on it. Anyway, there is plenty of clearance from the fenders, I suspect a 2.25 knobbies might even work.
Thanks for sharing, can you share pics?

I put 27.5 x 2.2 Kenda Kwick Seven -5's on today and they worked fine (no ties required AHicks 🙂 ). These were tires I had left over from my Ride1up, when I put more dirt oriented tires on it. Anyway, there is plenty of clearance from the fenders, I suspect 2.25 knobbies might even work.
what brand tires did the Flow come with? Thanks

Espin recently corrected their Flow/Sport tire specification from 26 x 1.95 to Kenda Komfort, 27.5 x 1.95. The actual tires are 27.5 x 1.95 and just labeled as "Kenda", 40 to 65 psi,

I would recommend switching to Schwalbe for the increased durability and puncture resistance of their tires.

Last edited:
Back