Larger batteries for Stance E+ Pro and Trance E+ Pro

DanInStPete

Does anyone know if Giant is developing a battery larger than 500Wh for these bikes? I'm wondering if I would be able to upgrade for more range in the near future.

I read a post in the EMTB forum (Europe) that said a larger battery was available on the Reign E Pro, but I have not been able to find any information or confirmation on that.

I haven't heard any rumors about larger batteries (larger than 500Wh), but it seems that Giant's recent trend is for SMALLER batteries like 375Wh. And for bikes with those smaller batteries, they offer an add-on "range booster" battery that attaches and extends the range. I don't like that trend but I think Giant's idea is that they can save some weight on the bikes by going with a smaller battery which is probably good enough for the majority of users who do shorter trips. And then by selling an add-on battery they create another revenue stream for themselves.

That sounds logical, and I don't like it either. I thought the Fastroad EX was really interesting until I saw that battery (I wrote a post about that last month).

In this video at around 5:55 they claim that Giant has made a 600Wh battery:

Some interesting news there, but geez more information not coming until August 12th? Roughly 7 months from now?????? That's a long time.

I do find the 625 Wh batteries interesting and would love to see what models might come out this spring with it.

Trance is on my shortlist...

Is your range lacking?

I imagine someone like FTH could put the higher ah ells in your pack. You might inquire with them if you want a solution sooner rather than later. I couldn't tell you for sure if they could or not, but if there are cells available that would do it, and would fit, they potentially could do it for you.

I imagine I could burn up a battery offroad on a eMTB for sure.

BTW, I thought Yamaha was supplying the pack design for Giant. [shrug] If so I doubt they are doing their own R&D either - likely a battery supplier or partner company.

Actually, I don't have the bike but I may buy it. I was on the fence between it and a Specialized Vado 5 (apples and oranges to be sure) and I bought the Vado.

I'm on my 3rd ebike and know I like more than 500Wh. I'm tall and heavy and like to ride faster, and like the option of longer range when I want it.

Last edited:
Actually, I don't have the bike but I may buy it. I was on the fence between it and a Specialized Vado 5 (apples and oranges to be sure) and I bough the Vado.

I'm on my 3rd ebike and know I like more than 500Wh. I'm tall and heavy and like to ride faster, and like the option of longer range when I want it.

How's the Vado? Its also on my list and likes tue same thing( range, speed!). It is for commuting.

Back