(KT LCD3) No Speed or Wattage output displaying and other issues

Ridersofthenorm

Region
USA
I have a Ride1up Cafe Cruiser. I swapped the controller to a 25A KT and took the LCD3 display from one of my other bikes and hooked it up.

Throttle works but:
- Speed reads as 0mph.
- Watt output reads as 0.
- Battery sign in top left corner is blank but the battery voltage reads as normal.

Another weird thing, might just be a setting I messed up when I was messing with the settings for an hour but it when I first moved the display to this bike, if I held the down button the bike would move forward as normal but now it doesn't.
I have tried adjusting P1 to 46/80/86 and tried every P2 setting.
Note that the display worked fine on my other bike.
The only thing I can think of is that I had to re-solder the display connectors. If a wire is messed up, I'm not sure which one it would be and I really don't want to undo them all. Maybe someone else knows.

On the stock controller/display, the watt/speed works so I don't think it's a damaged motor/battery sensor

First, realize that the display holds the settings (parameters). If you are bringing a used display on to a different bike, you need to do a reset as potentially MANY of the parameters are going to be incorrect. That's where I would start here. Then see what works and what doesn't.....

I may be able to help at that point.... -Al

Screenshot_20230310-110141_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

That's it. It will automatically reset itself to N after being used once if I remember correctly?

I think that it might be your motor cable/connector.

+5 volts (and it's associated ground wire) is fed into the motor to power the hal sensors and speed sensor.

If the sensors don't have power, then the controller doesn't know where the motor is at, and the speed sensor will have no output.
The motor should still operate though.
A lot of motors/KT controllers can run sensorless.

I have a Ride1up Cafe Cruiser. I swapped the controller to a 25A KT and took the LCD3 display from one of my other bikes and hooked it up.

Throttle works but:
- Speed reads as 0mph.
- Watt output reads as 0.
- Battery sign in top left corner is blank but the battery voltage reads as normal.

Another weird thing, might just be a setting I messed up when I was messing with the settings for an hour but it when I first moved the display to this bike, if I held the down button the bike would move forward as normal but now it doesn't.
I have tried adjusting P1 to 46/80/86 and tried every P2 setting.
Note that the display worked fine on my other bike.
The only thing I can think of is that I had to re-solder the display connectors. If a wire is messed up, I'm not sure which one it would be and I really don't want to undo them all. Maybe someone else knows.

On the stock controller/display, the watt/speed works so I don't think it's a damaged motor/battery sensor
This is my problem too on LCD8H 30 amp controller

Back