KT Controller/Display on a Pace 500?

Here's the 25A model that I bought last month. The above measurements were mine, not their specs. This will replace the controller that I drowned last year.

And here's the 20A model that I bought. Ditto for the measurements. I didn't need it but like to keep a spare on hand.

Last edited:
The controller I've been using recently is the KT-22a w/waterproof connectors. 1:4 cables make for a neat job. Awesome controller, 9 fet (tube) able to deliver nearly 1000w on our Espins. It is a snug fit, but with carefull packing of the wires, they do fit. Motor connector was one I have never seen, forget what they call it, so I had to make an adapter. Dimensions are 12.5*6.5*3.6 cm/4.92*2.56*1.42in

I've used the KT-17a waterproof as well. 6 fets and it's about an inch shorter. Works fine on our 500w Bafang

All were purchased on Amazon. Don't have the patience for Aliexpress, although I've ordered from PSPower on several occasions. Good people I'm not shy to endorse, but she's not carrying the KT-22a for some reason.

I was in a hurry and went with a square wave to see if I could get away with it. I can hear it, but it's nothing objectionable. If I didn't know it was a square wave controller, I probably wouldn't even have noticed it. Given the time, the sine wave might be worth searching for. -Al

Sorry, I didn't mean to abandon my thread, real life pulled me away for a bit.

I wasn't able to cancel my orders - they sellers got them shipped first thing Monday. So the KT controller & display will be coming my way regardless. I can still return them after they arrive in 2+ weeks, but harryS' post gives me hope. The controller that is coming is the 22A model, so hopefully the guts of it won't be too much bigger than the 20A. I should be able to work with a controller that is 26x54x88 mm. If not, I guess I'll have to look at putting on an external box or going with the Bafang controllers. Probably Bafang at that point if the return shipping isn't too expensive.

One more thing I found with the Bafang is that it has a 3 pin brake sensor and my current brakes have 2 pins. Not sure if that would be a simple rewiring job, or if I'd need new brake sensors. The brakes are hydraulic, so it would be more involved than with cable brakes I'd think.

edit -> here's the link to the controller I bought (the 22A option): https://ebay.us/SJLKQy
Hi, so does this fit in the stock Pace 500 frame, or did you remove the guts and modify in some way?

What Amp rating is the stock controller? I dont need anything larger, but also dont want to go down? Maybe its 20A?

Link to the 22a from ebay Ebay 22a

Also, any other modifications or adapters needed for any of the cabling?

I have a Pace350 that rides fine except no speed display & E30 error. I verified the speed sensor signal is coming out of the hub motor. Aventon said it can be either display or controller. Trying to save $ was thinking of going w/ this duo, anyone tried it? The biggest issue i see is the connectors will need to be adapted, but appears much more customizable. Thx,Don

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804_165049_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_165049_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 91
I have a Pace350 that rides fine except no speed display & E30 error. I verified the speed sensor signal is coming out of the hub motor. Aventon said it can be either display or controller. Trying to save $ was thinking of going w/ this duo, anyone tried it? The biggest issue i see is the connectors will need to be adapted, but appears much more customizable. Thx,Don

Update.... I successfully was able to utilize the generic controller & display on my Aventon. Once I got it configured it works great. I was able to lower the " ramp up speed" for pedal assist to be more gradual. The wife likes it much more, plus there's the option to have a headlight, up to 9 levels of pas, currently using 5. The controller wiring needs to be adapted since connectors are not same and it's a snug fit getting the controller to fit into the frame.

Back